Off-Topic Florida now has Michelin Guide

Please, for the love of god, make it down to Valentina's. It's a different style of BBQ, has more of a Mexican spin, it puts the Mex into Tex-Mex. And check their Facebook page, sometimes they have daily specials. Barbacoa on the weekends.

Gourdoughs
Torchy's Tacos
Briscuits
la Barbecue
Micklethwait Craft Meats

I've been to all of these places, definitely worth the trip.

Torchys
La BBQ

Great recommendations.

Along with Franklin's, Terry Blacks and everything else...0 bad courses of food. Incredible food out there.

That Franklin's brisket was on point.
Forget the spot...but had a torta...that you had to eat with a fork and knife...it was sitting in a bed of house cut fries and the fries covered in Roja/Enchilada and cojita cheese. Best gravy type fries I've ever had. Wowzers.

Only spot I couldn't get to.that was on the list was Snows. Just too far of a drive for Saturday Morning when it's still dark.

Great food vacation.

Advertisement
@RVACane @SpikeUM @OriginalCanesCanesCanes @JD08 @TheOriginalCane ....
Oxtail & Shrimp Fried Rice....Absolutely no words to describe this....
FB_IMG_1693264305758.jpg

Advertisement
Sad news. Catfish House in Hobe Sound is gone for good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Before heading back to SWFL tomorrow I'm hitting up the new SoDough Pizza place on Fairbanks you've recommended...the reviews are off the chain.

It's fantastic. The original location, on Michigan, is connected to Tin & Taco. The pizza side only has a counter, so you have to sit in the "main" Tin & Taco dining area (or outside). I haven't been to the Fairbanks location yet.

The guy who started T&T and SoDough is from Michigan, he's really fanatical about it. He has the same baking trays as they used on the auto assembly lines, and he has those pepperonis that you love. They even sell Faygo...

Hope you enjoy it.

Advertisement
Back