Off-Topic Florida now has Michelin Guide

A report is due usually within 24 hours after a visitation and announcement of same on this board.
Maudes can we give him 3 demerits?

Man, tough crowd, it hasnt even been 12 hours!!!!

It was excellent, we had two pizzas (cheese and pepperoni) and two pagnotellis (prosciutto and roasted veggies). Everything was excellent. We also had cortaditos at the end, also quite good.

Highly recommend the restaurant.

Advertisement

It was excellent, we had two pizzas (cheese and pepperoni) and two pagnotellis (prosciutto and roasted veggies). Everything was excellent. We also had cortaditos at the end, also quite good.

LOL ok pal, we’ll let you off easy right now, but we’re keeping our eye on you.
Michael J Fox GIF by Filmin

12hrs??....To **** & back with that noise. I've got news for you Pal, from now on, the Limit is 4hrs...The response should be made within 4hrs of dessert.

@SpikeUM ....Michelin Guide this...Tenderloin with Sautéed Mushrooms in a Wine sauce and White Rice.....View attachment 243814View attachment 243815

I need to step up my game with pictures, but last night we had the roasted figs with manchego and prosciutto as an appetizer, and the two main courses were the crab cakes and scallops (special). It was absolutely excellent.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think we can all identify with this issue.

I ain't even gonna lie, if I have a choice, I just default to places where I can order at the counter right now.

There's a small chain of places called Velvet Taco. Amazing tacos, about $5 a pop. I don't need to go to a table service place AND run the risk of bad service. Just let me tell you what I'm ordering, and then I can shave 20% off my expenditure.

Got **** the #7 was soooo good...

1687889460991.png

@SpikeUM ....Michelin Guide this...Tenderloin with Sautéed Mushrooms in a Wine sauce and White Rice.....View attachment 243814View attachment 243815
Had some Burgundy Mushrooms at The Vineyard Wine Company in Lake Mary, Florida (excellent eclectic menu). Owner is a UM alum / fan and the food is excellent. The Burgundy Mushrooms were so well received by my wife that they became the new Mothers Day special gift in addition to flowers.

Had some Burgundy Mushrooms at The Vineyard Wine Company in Lake Mary, Florida (excellent eclectic menu). Owner is a UM alum / fan and the food is excellent. The Burgundy Mushrooms were so well received by my wife that they became the new Mothers Day special gift in addition to flowers.
I ALWAYS de-glaze my sauté pan with Wine with Mushrooms. If it isn't Marsala Wine...then it's Burgundy or Madeira for Reds. Chardonnay for whites.

Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane - have you ever had Arthur Bryant BBQ?

Oh lord, sir...that was WHERE I WAS GOING for the Elite 8 game when Delta Airlines screwed me over.

So I had a work emergency come up, and I had to skip the Sweet 16 game. So I had the first flight out of Atlanta on Sunday morning AND ARTHUR BRYANT'S IS OPEN ON SUNDAY. Delta cancels the flight at 11 pm on Saturday night. I was on hold for hours trying to get another flight, because the "automatic rebooking" that they put me on was due to land in Kansas City during halftime.

Eventually, I got a Sunday flight that went through Detroit and got to KC about 2 hours before the game, so I was all set to Uber from the airport to Arthur Bryant's and then over to the hotel, which was about 5 blocks from the arena.

And then every leg of my flight sat on the tarmac. I almost missed the doors closing in Detroit because of the ATL delay, only to sit on the runway.

To top it all off, I had the worst Uber driver ever in KC. I wasn't sure if I had enough time for Arthur Bryant's, so I had her take me to the hotel first. Instead of staying on the interstate, she went down some road that ended up being closed for construction in some industrial area with nobody around. THEN she had to stop for gas. THEN she almost turned down a one-way street going in the wrong direction, and I had to yell at her about the one-way signs.

So by the time I got to the hotel, I was delayed again and couldn't make it to AB's before the game.

What a ******* disaster, and then I flew out first thing Monday morning.

Oh lord, sir...that was WHERE I WAS GOING for the Elite 8 game when Delta Airlines screwed me over.

So I had a work emergency come up, and I had to skip the Sweet 16 game. So I had the first flight out of Atlanta on Sunday morning AND ARTHUR BRYANT'S IS OPEN ON SUNDAY. Delta cancels the flight at 11 pm on Saturday night. I was on hold for hours trying to get another flight, because the "automatic rebooking" that they put me on was due to land in Kansas City during halftime.

Eventually, I got a Sunday flight that went through Detroit and got to KC about 2 hours before the game, so I was all set to Uber from the airport to Arthur Bryant's and then over to the hotel, which was about 5 blocks from the arena.

And then every leg of my flight sat on the tarmac. I almost missed the doors closing in Detroit because of the ATL delay, only to sit on the runway.

To top it all off, I had the worst Uber driver ever in KC. I wasn't sure if I had enough time for Arthur Bryant's, so I had her take me to the hotel first. Instead of staying on the interstate, she went down some road that ended up being closed for construction in some industrial area with nobody around. THEN she had to stop for gas. THEN she almost turned down a one-way street going in the wrong direction, and I had to yell at her about the one-way signs.

So by the time I got to the hotel, I was delayed again and couldn't make it to AB's before the game.

What a ******* disaster, and then I flew out first thing Monday morning.

So to summarize, the short answer is yes I should order while its on sale?

Advertisement
@SWFLHurricane ... or anyone.

In Austin for a week.

Gimme good food recs other than the usual Terry Blacks, Franklins, etc. pretty please with sugar on top.

☝️

Please, for the love of god, make it down to Valentina's. It's a different style of BBQ, has more of a Mexican spin, it puts the Mex into Tex-Mex. And check their Facebook page, sometimes they have daily specials. Barbacoa on the weekends.

Gourdoughs
Torchy's Tacos
Briscuits
la Barbecue
Micklethwait Craft Meats

I've been to all of these places, definitely worth the trip.

Advertisement
Atlanta is getting a Michelin Guide. Absolutely pointless. There are 0.0 places here worthy of 2 or 3 and MAYBE 10 worthy of one. It’s a great food city but it’s not that kind of food or dining.

Advertisement
Back