Off-Topic Florida now has Michelin Guide

1676393278171.png

Advertisement
How many restaurants on the list have you been to? Also asking of @JeddTheFisch and others.

I periodically go to Zak the baker; I would go more often, but its such a zoo that I have to be in the mood to tolerate.
I go to Zak's all the time. It seems everything they put out is fire. I miss their Salmon Burger. Their avocado toast and soups are some of my favorites as well.

Next time you’re in Miami proper, swing by El Palacio de los Jugos and get a quart of the guanabana juice to take home.

I eat tropical fruits all of the time, my son grows them and I go various farmers markets and get guanabana, nispero and anon (my co-favorites), and many others.

Advertisement
I eat tropical fruits all of the time, my son grows them and I go various farmers markets and get guanabana, nispero and anon (my co-favorites), and many others.
Probably the part of living in Florida that I miss most. Have you tried lucuma? I think that is able to grow in Florida.

Probably the part of living in Florida that I miss most. Have you tried lucuma? I think that is able to grow in Florida.

Not familiar with it, seems like a cross between a mamey and a canistel. Will share with my son.

Advertisement
Not familiar with it, seems like a cross between a mamey and a canistel. Will share with my son.
We went down to Chile for our honeymoon and covered it top to bottom (Atacama, Santiago, Wine Country, and Patagonia). It was incredible the variety of fruits down there, many of which you can get in SFL.

I've got a Hatcher Mango in my yard. These things produce huge fruit if properly fertilized.

And of course the Honeybell Tangelo that supposed only grows in Martin and Palm Beach counties. But my tree died and I doubt I'll replace it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Any of the Broward or North Dade folks been here? https://thekatherinerestaurant.com/

The chef was at Sugarcane in Miami, briefly had his eponymous restaurant open, but then it closed at the start of the pandemic. Anyhow, his food is incredible. He is half Chinese, half Trinidadian, and trained under Allen Susser, and all of those come through in his menu. Haven't made it to this spot yet, but its on the radar next time I visit my folks.

Any of the Broward or North Dade folks been here? https://thekatherinerestaurant.com/

The chef was at Sugarcane in Miami, briefly had his eponymous restaurant open, but then it closed at the start of the pandemic. Anyhow, his food is incredible. He is half Chinese, half Trinidadian, and trained under Allen Susser, and all of those come through in his menu. Haven't made it to this spot yet, but its on the radar next time I visit my folks.

No, but we will remedy that!

Advertisement
Back