Five-star WR JoJo Trader commits to Miami

View as article
I just skimmed through this thread as now Im real curious. Nothing about this. A couple folks wondering if he can play both ways since he is such a good athlete. I dont see anyone downplaying Jojos ability at wr which you would think would be in this thread if this was a real thing. If someone said it in another thread, which Im not disputing, it would seem very strawman and not an actual real movement in the fan base.

He is our highest rated commitment. This fan base is pumped about him regardless of who else jumps in the boat from what I can tell.
This is a pet peeve of mine. People love to exaggerate and say, "Yo everybody on this site has been saying this." but cannot produce a single example of anyone saying it. Then they refute with "I can't look through every single post on this website." like bruh c'mon man. Support your opinion; otherwise your just speaking noise.

Another possibility,

One poRster poRsts "JoJo ShOuLd PlAy BoTh CoRnEr AnD wR bEcAuSe ThAt's WhAt TrAvIs HuNtEr DoEs!!?!?!!"

Then you have dudes saying, "Yo everybody on this site has been saying this." No, no, they have not. You read one, maybe two poRsts that said it.

Advertisement
@PIPO you may want to start warming up…

Tell Lebron James GIF
kevin-hart-its-about-to-go-down.gif

I just skimmed through this thread as now Im real curious. Nothing about this. A couple folks wondering if he can play both ways since he is such a good athlete. I dont see anyone downplaying Jojos ability at wr which you would think would be in this thread if this was a real thing. If someone said it in another thread, which Im not disputing, it would seem very strawman and not an actual real movement in the fan base.

He is our highest rated commitment. This fan base is pumped about him regardless of who else jumps in the boat from what I can tell.
No sane coach has anybody play both ways at 2023 play counts. This isn't 1980

This is a pet peeve of mine. People love to exaggerate and say, "Yo everybody on this site has been saying this." but cannot produce a single example of anyone saying it. Then they refute with "I can't look through every single post on this website." like bruh c'mon man. Support your opinion; otherwise your just speaking noise.

Another possibility,

One poRster poRsts "JoJo ShOuLd PlAy BoTh CoRnEr AnD wR bEcAuSe ThAt's WhAt TrAvIs HuNtEr DoEs!!?!?!!"

Then you have dudes saying, "Yo everybody on this site has been saying this." No, no, they have not. You read one, maybe two poRsts that said it.
I think there’s been some comment that JoJo might have higher upside at CB but whatever…. That’s not saying he can’t play WR.

I hate when someone broad brushes the board regardless

Advertisement

Another possibility,

100% spot on brother

Even worse when you find out they’re using examples that aren’t even on this board, they’re from some Twitter dip****s

The thing about public message boards is anyone can comment on what you post. And if what you post appears false or exaggerated, or has you looking like some CIS Don Quixote fighting windmills, it should not be shocking when people (politely) ask you to support your opinions. Either way, getting overly defensive only: (1) makes it look like you are incorrect in your claims; and (2) detracts from the point of your post (i.e., that Jojo is a great WR prospect in his own right) by squabbling over what seems to be (at most) a minority opinion in a handful of posts in a 700+ post thread.
who got defensive (I'm more annoyed now than anything)...bec I made a benign post that most people read and some even laughed at and moved on. But it had to turn into a big uproar and has even changed into something that was never even said. I never said everyone or even a majority downplay the kid I said "peeps". Instead of pulling up posts that display it I said "look harder". Thats not disrespectful or defensive . I dont need to single out peoples posts because I don't agree with their opinion. The search button on this site works if it was really that important to find. Now another thread is derailed including having mods run in here taking the conversation somewhere it didn't even need to go smh.

Advertisement
who got defensive (I'm more annoyed now than anything)...bec I made a benign post that most people read and some even laughed at and moved on. But it had to turn into a big uproar and has even changed into something that was never even said. I never said everyone or even a majority downplay the kid I said "peeps". Instead of pulling up posts that display it I said "look harder". Thats not disrespectful or defensive . I dont need to single out peoples posts because I don't agree with their opinion. The search button on this site works if it was really that important to find. Now another thread is derailed including having mods run in here taking the conversation somewhere it didn't even need to go smh.
You started it. Go away

I'm sorry we let you down.

The whole board seems upset about this…

😈

Advertisement

Ironically, had you used the search feature before you'd posted, maybe you would have learned something and avoided posting in the first place.

Before I'd ever responded to you, I'd already searched this thread for "CB", "Defense," "Defensive," and "DB". There are fewer than 10 relevant hits (so about 1% of the posts in this thread), none of which say Jojo isn't a take at WR, and mostly just asking whether he's a DB or WR when he committed in July. Even those people were saying he's a take on either side of the ball. You're calling people out for downplaying his WR skills but those people don't exist, or, at a minimum, exist in such few numbers that none of "them" made those sorts of comments in this thread.

More irony, the person most fiercely debating Jojo's WR skills is you... with "peeps" that aren't actually debating that point in this thread.

Ironically, had you used the search feature before you'd posted, maybe you would have learned something and avoided posting in the first place.

Before I'd ever responded to you, I'd already searched this thread for "CB", "Defense," "Defensive," and "DB". There are fewer than 10 relevant hits (so about 1% of the posts in this thread), none of which say Jojo isn't a take at WR, and mostly just asking whether he's a DB or WR when he committed in July. Even those people were saying he's a take on either side of the ball. You're calling people out for downplaying his WR skills but those people don't exist, or, at a minimum, exist in such few numbers that none of "them" made those sorts of comments in this thread.

More irony, the person most fiercely debating Jojo's WR skills is you... with "peeps" that aren't actually debating that point in this thread.
IMG_0863.gif

Its not a strawman. There are probably thousands of posts on this site daily. I have seen it where people have been talking about moving him to corner and that he is not so good etc.

Another possibility,

idk-yes.gif

Advertisement
I think there’s been some comment that JoJo might have higher upside at CB but whatever…. That’s not saying he can’t play WR.

I hate when someone broad brushes the board regardless

I think the calls for JoJo to play CB were stronger in the summertime and earlier.

Since the start of his senior season, he has proven what he can do at WR.

and.... there you go doing that thing again, adding in things that were never said in my post. When did I ever write people said he wasn't a take? Ofc he's a take and people are happy the have him at whatever position it is but that doesn't negate that as recently as a few days ago there was a post about moving him to another position to accommodate getting other kids. If he was viewed on the same level at wr as a Smith, Wingo, Miller, Carr etc why does he need to go to another position. Lets just get them all and find out who the creme of the crop is.

Also I never said it was in this thread. That's you doing that thing again.. He asked "On this site?" and I responded to look harder instead of pulling someone's post up for ridicule because that was never the intent of my post and by the initial reaction its seems most got it. Whether it was just a hypothetical bec of what he does at Chaminade or questions bec they just didn't know it still a situation that came/comes about because playing opposite Smith has smurfed his numbers, so its gets easily lost how good of a wr the kid is That's going back to the summer which is all I was saying.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-02 150216.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 150216.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-10-02 152042.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 152042.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 0
and.... there you go doing that thing again, adding in things that were never said in my post. When did I ever write people said he wasn't a take? Ofc he's a take and people are happy the have him at whatever position it is but that doesn't negate that as recently as a few days ago there was a post about moving him to another position to accommodate getting other kids. If he was viewed on the same level at wr as a Smith, Wingo, Miller, Carr etc why does he need to go to another position. Lets just get them all and find out who the creme of the crop is.

Also I never said it was in this thread. That's you doing that thing again.. He asked "On this site?" and I responded to look harder instead of pulling someone's post up for ridicule because that was never the intent of my post and by the initial reaction its seems most got it. Whether it was just a hypothetical bec of what he does at Chaminade or questions bec they just didn't know it still a situation that came/comes about because playing opposite Smith has smurfed his numbers, so its gets easily lost how good of a wr the kid is That's going back to the summer which is all I was saying.
Bro just let it go. How CIS coaches operate....they pound a point, either proven wrong, or get called out then they either disappear or act like they didnt say it. So after u make ur point just let it lie. Imo. Go back to the Mario cant recruit WRs debate over the summer and how he is in love with Bro style. All disappeared.

Advertisement
Back