Five-star WR JoJo Trader commits to Miami

View as article
I just skimmed through this thread as now Im real curious. Nothing about this. A couple folks wondering if he can play both ways since he is such a good athlete. I dont see anyone downplaying Jojos ability at wr which you would think if this was a real thing. If someone said it in another thread, which Im not disputing, it would seem very strawman and not an actual real movement in the fan base.

He is our highest rated commitment. This fan base is pumped about him regardless of who else jumps in the boat from what I can tell.
I think it just gets murky because of how much people are obsessed with Smith

Because of Smith, Trader almost has an asterisk next to his name with some of our fans

People are pumped for him but they almost universally put Smith ahead of him. I only notice because I’m one of the few people that don’t

Advertisement
I just skimmed through this thread as now Im real curious. Nothing about this. A couple folks wondering if he can play both ways since he is such a good athlete. I dont see anyone downplaying Jojos ability at wr which you would think if this was a real thing. If someone said it in another thread, which Im not disputing, it would seem very strawman and not an actual real movement in the fan base.

He is our highest rated commitment. This fan base is pumped about him regardless of who else jumps in the boat from what I can tell.
Any suggestion/opinion or criticism and people think you’re down on him lol. Board will rather focus on the 5%(or lower) rather than the 95% lol

Trader reminds me of what everyone thought Ermon Lane would be. Maybe I’m off but I see similar game. Obviously Trader isn’t the trash version but I would rate him a 4 star and he still a take to me. Smith is that true 5 star and I feel like Carr should be a 5 or borderline 5.

And I don’t have a problem with people questioning a recruit (if it’s valid it’s valid)this is CIS we got some good posters who know wtf they are talking about. I don’t get why people get mad at posters studying a canes commit tape and critiquing their game.

When questions come up and they get here it’s usually legit at times. No one will question Smith cause the talent coming out is unreal he jumps off the tape like no other. If he didn’t perform here when he gets here than we can say ok he was probably overrated coming out.

I just skimmed through this thread as now Im real curious. Nothing about this. A couple folks wondering if he can play both ways since he is such a good athlete. I dont see anyone downplaying Jojos ability at wr which you would think would be in this thread if this was a real thing. If someone said it in another thread, which Im not disputing, it would seem very strawman and not an actual real movement in the fan base.

U cant skim through thousands of posts. These threads get on a track for like 2 days even more, sometimes its not even anything to do with the actual title of the thread. But ok. The people reading this thread know who they are who who have said they dont really rate him as a WR. If u dont believe that fine. But it is a fact there are people on here who believe that and have posted it.

Trader reminds me of what everyone thought Ermon Lane would be. Maybe I’m off but I see similar game. Obviously Trader isn’t the trash version but I would rate him a 4 star and he still a take to me. Smith is that true 5 star and I feel like Carr should be a 5 or borderline 5.

And I don’t have a problem with people questioning a recruit (if it’s valid it’s valid)this is CIS we got some good posters who know wtf they are talking about. I don’t get why people get mad at posters studying a canes commit tape and critiquing their game.

When questions come up and they get here it’s usually legit at times. No one will question Smith cause the talent coming out is unreal he jumps off the tape like no other. If he didn’t perform here when he gets here than we can say ok he was probably overrated coming out.
Trader is very good. Good athlete and seems to have steady hands but there definitely is a bit of separation with JS. It's ok to acknowledge that and not hating on Trader at all. Jojo will need a bit of refinement and coach KB will help him get there, but we all know JS is a day 1 contributor. And that Carr kid is dynamic as can be. He's another one who you just find a way to give him touches cuz he can score from anywhere on the field. If we can't land JS Carr is a tremendous consolation prize.

Advertisement
U cant skim through thousands of posts. These threads get on a track for like 2 days even more, sometimes its not even anything to do with the actual title of the thread. But ok. The people reading this thread know who they are who who have said they dont really rate him as a WR. If u dont believe that fine. But it is a fact there are people on here who believe that and have posted it.
I said I skimmed THIS thread. Its not in here. Must be somewhere else. Its not that I dont believe you. You have no reason to lie. But the way you and that @am1640 dude made it seem (At least to me) was that this was an actual thing. Also let me be clear, I dont give a **** if you think he is not so good or downplay him. I would disagree with that thought but its an opinion. In fact myself and everyone else Ive seen have JJ rated higher.

Personally I hadnt seen that group of folks that think this about Jojo. Was curious of who/where and if Im missing something and I need to look at more of his tape. Just seems like the comment(s) are reaching a little bit where there isnt anything really there to pick at.

Carry on

Advertisement
Its not a strawman. There are probably thousands of posts on this site daily. I have seen it where people have been talking about moving him to corner and that he is not so good etc.
In fairness CIS does that with anyone who remotely looks like they can play another position. We even had some the other day wondering what could have been with Marshall Faulk at CB

Sylvia Fowles Womens History Month GIF by WNBA

If he was on any other team he'd be getting the touches he deserves, instead of him taking a backseat to the Smith show. I think hes properly rated as a borderline 5 star/high 4 star guy. He still flashes and makes highlight tape catches in his role. Makes me like the kid more that he didn't just bounce to another school to be the #1 guy anywhere else.

I'm with you on Carr, he is due a bump in the next rankings.

I said I skimmed THIS thread. Its not in here. Must be somewhere else. Its not that I dont believe you. You have no reason to lie. But the way you and that @am1640 dude made it seem (At least to me) was that this was an actual thing. Also let me be clear, I dont give a **** if you think he is not so good or downplay him. I would disagree with that thought but its an opinion. In fact myself and everyone else Ive seen have JJ rated higher.

Personally I hadnt seen that group of folks that think this about Jojo. Was curious of who/where and if Im missing something and I need to look at more of his tape. Just seems like the comment(s) are reaching a little bit where there isnt anything really there to pick at.

Carry on
listen buddy if you don't feel that way about Jojo, then guess what??? my post wasn't about or intended for you. Cribby even made a post a few days ago asking why does it have to be about getting player __ or its a fail when all the dudes we have are elite and offer something in their own way. You think he said that bec people are going around just posting about how good this or that guy that we have committed already are? Doesn't matter if it's 1 poster, 2 or 50 that believe it's been done and very recently and its just dumb to downplay this kids talents bec of who he plays opposite of imho.

Again YOU don't feel that way so the post wasn't about or intended for you so idk why you keep going on about it.

Advertisement
listen buddy if you don't feel that way about Jojo, then guess what??? my post wasn't about or intended for you. Cribby even made a post a few days ago asking why does it have to be about getting player __ or its a fail when all the dudes we have are elite and offer something in their own way. You think he said that bec people are going around just posting about how good this or that guy that we have committed already are? Doesn't matter if it's 1 poster, 2 or 50 that believe it's been done and very recently and its just dumb to downplay this kids talents bec of who he plays opposite of imho.

Again YOU don't feel that way so the post wasn't about or intended for you so idk why you keep going on about it.
LOL. Going the "buddy" route, eh? The universal term for "Hey *******". All good. I can tell by your post youv'e completey missed the mark on my question. I am a fan of JoJo...big fan. So are you. We are ON THE SAME PAGE. I also dont care if someone doesnt like his game at WR. I dont agree but its an opinion and we should always be cool with challenging the herd.

You made it seem that it was an actual thing around here to which I have not seen. So yes, in that sense it does matter if its 2 or 50 people and did matter to me to see if and where this was so I can check it out because I dont just go along with herd thinking. So I asked you in a polite way to give me some direction and even did a little of my own digging. But your smart *** comment to look harder in a website with a million posts drew me towards a potential conclusion that you were just singling out a poster or 2 when you couldnt point to anything.

I have no idea what Cribby's comment has to do with this.

Carry on with your day. Not worth it to go any further with you on this.

Advertisement
Trader is very good. Good athlete and seems to have steady hands but there definitely is a bit of separation with JS. It's ok to acknowledge that and not hating on Trader at all. Jojo will need a bit of refinement and coach KB will help him get there, but we all know JS is a day 1 contributor. And that Carr kid is dynamic as can be. He's another one who you just find a way to give him touches cuz he can score from anywhere on the field. If we can't land JS Carr is a tremendous consolation prize.
Js needs coaching up as well! He isn't a finished product not even close to it. route running needs work!!

Js needs coaching up as well! He isn't a finished product not even close to it. route running needs work!!
He could use more refinement too but JS creates a bit more separation at this stage and you add to that JS is just the physically superior athlete is what makes him so coveted. His floor and ceiling are super high simultaneously.

He could use more refinement too but JS creates a bit more separation at this stage and you add to that JS is just the physically superior athlete is what makes him so coveted. His floor and ceiling are super high simultaneously.
Hey Damien! Loved Yu in da omen. so, I'm not gonna **** Yu off. I agree with the post js benefits from having other great players elevate his game even more! Jj allows js to be singled covered cuz they have to worry bout jj!

The thing about public message boards is anyone can comment on what you post. And if what you post appears false or exaggerated, or has you looking like some CIS Don Quixote fighting windmills, it should not be shocking when people (politely) ask you to support your opinions. Either way, getting overly defensive only: (1) makes it look like you are incorrect in your claims; and (2) detracts from the point of your post (i.e., that Jojo is a great WR prospect in his own right) by squabbling over what seems to be (at most) a minority opinion in a handful of posts in a 700+ post thread.

Advertisement
Back