First Time In 30+ Years Of Being a Canes Fan

Advertisement
The greatest franchises in sports history go through tremendous droughts. Think of the Yankees and Celtics. The Yankees didn't win a World Series from '78 to '95 or '96, almost 20 years. And the Celtics have won only 1 title since the 80s. But they are still the greatest franchises in sports history, as are we. GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
I didn't even bother to look up the score at work today. I didn't even realize there was a game today until I started getting texts from people complaining about how ****** the team looked. Usually, when I get home and change, I'm usually reaching for a Miami sweatshirt or tee. Guess what, I skipped right past that stuff and put on a regular sweatshirt. I guess I'll have a lot more Dallas Maverick gear now, because at least I enjoy watching that team play. They seem to actually want to win, the organization gives a ****. If it weren't for Coach L and Coach Meier, I'd be off the entire Miami athletic department altogether..

Usually around New Year's, I'm figuring out how many games I can catch in the fall. This year, I'm not hitting one **** game. At least the last game I'll see in person for the near future(FSU) was a win. That's the one thing Manny Diaz and his garbage program gave me this season. They beat FSU.

Advertisement
What do I do with my tattoos?
You keep on rolling , Grunt. Save the drama for the weak that aren't comfortable enough in their own skin to wear a cap because of what others may think.. I've been wearing Cane gear for the better part of 50 years now. Through the good , the bad and the ugly. The Canes will always be a part of my life win, lose or draw. Anyone that's ashamed of wearing their Cane gear in public because the team stinks right now speaks volumes about their character. Or should I say lack of. What annoying pieces of **** some of these message board Cane fans must be in real life. So have at it you entitled puzsy *** motherfukers. Welcome to the suck you pathetic ***s!!! You pathetic pieces of ****t get what you deserve.

Go Canes!!!!

Advertisement
The greatest franchises in sports history go through tremendous droughts. Think of the Yankees and Celtics. The Yankees didn't win a World Series from '78 to '95 or '96, almost 20 years. And the Celtics have won only 1 title since the 80s. But they are still the greatest franchises in sports history, as are we. GO CANES!!!
Normally I would agree with you, but they didnt win not because they stopped investing in the product, The Yankees and Celtics have always pumped a ton of money into the franchises trying to win. The Canes on the other hand are just fielding a team on a mom and pop budget and running like a small business not caring if they win big or not. My only question really is why should I continue to pump my hard earned money on a product, when the owners of that product don't make a commitment to winning big and spending big time money associated with winning.

Look at the college football playoffs, what team in the final 4 nickels and dimes the program? They understand the business and pump a **** ton of money into the program. Those days of us finding those hidden gems in Florida that we use to win big with that nobody knew about are out the door with the internet and all these recruiting services. There is more exposure out there than ever before. At this point kids don't really know about the U, a majority of them weren't even born the last time we where relevant.

For the first time in my life as a Canes fan, I was happy the season was over yesterday. I've never felt that before and I don't ever want to feel that way again.

Advertisement
Flying back from LA tonight. The U on my bag and the U on my computer. Even the TSA guy said “The U!”. Never going to let the kids that don’t care right now take away my pride, even with how much this program sucks right now.
The saddest thing in that paragraph was TSA.

it's just a sport Jesus. you're acting like your son came out as a liberal
I have a couple liberal kids. You cut the off and send their siblings to them whenever money needs arise with the words practice what your preach. This is much more painful because we have no control over it.

That I ever took off Miami gear as a result of shame/embarrassment/lack of desire in hearing anyone in the general public talk ****/lack of a desire to go to jail.

Was meeting some people briefly at a local sports bar after the bowl debacle and threw on a Canes hat out of pure routine. Something then forced me to pause. Without thought I threw it on the floor and left.

These kind of things might seem small on the surface but those of us that have lived and died with this program for decades realize how infuriating and sad these little ****ty personal moments and bleak milestones can be.

May widespread apathy be a plague upon Miami football until this team and this athletic department and this school are worthy of any of our support again.
Right there with you brother. Fan since the late 60s. Always thought we would soon turn the corner and be relevant again. Now? Won't wear the hat or shirts in public. Tired of having to explain

Advertisement
Back