First Time In 30+ Years Of Being a Canes Fan

I don't believe in only wearing gear when you win. Win or lose makes no difference to me when it comes to what I wear. I wear Pittsburgh Pirate stuff all year round. Nobody gives a ****.

Advertisement
Right there with you brother. Fan since the late 60s. Always thought we would soon turn the corner and be relevant again. Now? Won't wear the hat or shirts in public. Tired of having to explain
Having to explain what???
5 NCs
Dominating CFB and the NFL for 30yrs..
VS
Some really tough times???....F-them...I don't have to explain Sh*t to anyone.

**** no. I still rock my Canes ****, but I'm not spending another dime on UM until big changes are made.

Advertisement
That I ever took off Miami gear as a result of shame/embarrassment/lack of desire in hearing anyone in the general public talk ****/lack of a desire to go to jail.

Was meeting some people briefly at a local sports bar after the bowl debacle and threw on a Canes hat out of pure routine. Something then forced me to pause. Without thought I threw it on the floor and left.

These kind of things might seem small on the surface but those of us that have lived and died with this program for decades realize how infuriating and sad these little ****ty personal moments and bleak milestones can be.

May widespread apathy be a plague upon Miami football until this team and this athletic department and this school are worthy of any of our support again.

same experience here. I will not wear a **** thing that promotes the school...shameful how the leaders have taken down our athletic department.

I hear you. I have a 5 and 2 year old. Too late for the older one, but I’ve caught myself hesitating recently to teach the younger one the essentials. At some point isn’t that child abuse?

Advertisement
You keep on rolling , Grunt. Save the drama for the weak that aren't comfortable enough in their own skin to wear a cap because of what others may think.. I've been wearing Cane gear for the better part of 50 years now. Through the good , the bad and the ugly. The Canes will always be a part of my life win, lose or draw. Anyone that's ashamed of wearing their Cane gear in public because the team stinks right now speaks volumes about their character. Or should I say lack of. What annoying pieces of **** some of these message board Cane fans must be in real life. So have at it you entitled puzsy *** motherfukers. Welcome to the suck you pathetic ***s!!! You pathetic pieces of ****t get what you deserve.

Go Canes!!!!
Yea dude... the comment was tongue-in-cheek, but I've been a Canes fan for over 40 years and I ain't jumping ship now. If anybody is in pain and embarrassed about the state of the U it's me after following the Canes and having season tickets for a shiit load of years.
I for one ain't a fair weather Cane... there is no other college team that I root for and that I'm passionate about. My tattoos ain't going anywhere!
Tattoome (2).JPG

That I ever took off Miami gear as a result of shame/embarrassment/lack of desire in hearing anyone in the general public talk ****/lack of a desire to go to jail.

Was meeting some people briefly at a local sports bar after the bowl debacle and threw on a Canes hat out of pure routine. Something then forced me to pause. Without thought I threw it on the floor and left.

These kind of things might seem small on the surface but those of us that have lived and died with this program for decades realize how infuriating and sad these little ****ty personal moments and bleak milestones can be.

May widespread apathy be a plague upon Miami football until this team and this athletic department and this school are worthy of any of our support again.

I hear you, @Tad Footeball, **** I got a tattoo...

I don't believe in only wearing gear when you win. Win or lose makes no difference to me when it comes to what I wear. I wear Pittsburgh Pirate stuff all year round. Nobody gives a ****.

Bob Nutting approves of how the Canes are being run. I say this as I'm drinking coffee out of an Andy Van Slyke cup.

You keep on rolling , Grunt. Save the drama for the weak that aren't comfortable enough in their own skin to wear a cap because of what others may think.. I've been wearing Cane gear for the better part of 50 years now. Through the good , the bad and the ugly. The Canes will always be a part of my life win, lose or draw. Anyone that's ashamed of wearing their Cane gear in public because the team stinks right now speaks volumes about their character. Or should I say lack of. What annoying pieces of **** some of these message board Cane fans must be in real life. So have at it you entitled puzsy *** motherfukers. Welcome to the suck you pathetic ***s!!! You pathetic pieces of ****t get what you deserve.

Go Canes!!!!

That really slowly evolved into a rage filled response there, Chief. If you read my original post it clearly says that yesterday was the first day in 3 plus decades that I ever took the **** off in shame, disgust, etc. and that it was an angry and sad milestone. Not that I'd never wear anything again or was burning my tattered Dan Morgan jersey.

That said, blind loyalty should be reserved for God and maybe your well behaved children. You don't get bonus points for caping for this program at its lowest points- points that are always self-inflicted. It's that type of support that enables those in power that are obviously intent either through stupidity, ineptitude or general misplaced priorities of not only robbing us fans annually of A LOT of money and time but essentially trying to permanently destroy something we all love.

Advertisement

Well said.

Advertisement
Having to explain what???
5 NCs
Dominating CFB and the NFL for 30yrs..
VS
Some really tough times???....F-them...I don't have to explain Sh*t to anyone.
I feel you. Work with Clemson folks mostly with some sorry *** Bulldogs sprinkled in. Trust me, I'm just sick of losing.

Last edited:

I felt the same way this very day last year. At least we had TNM hope for an off season. This is gonna be a long year.

Yeah I don’t think about things like that nor do I give a **** what some other ****boi fan thinks of it. I do, however, refuse to buy new gear or do anything else that gives a penny to this program until they un **** themselves.

Advertisement
Back