First Time In 30+ Years Of Being a Canes Fan

That I ever took off Miami gear as a result of shame/embarrassment/lack of desire in hearing anyone in the general public talk ****/lack of a desire to go to jail.

Was meeting some people briefly at a local sports bar after the bowl debacle and threw on a Canes hat out of pure routine. Something then forced me to pause. Without thought I threw it on the floor and left.

These kind of things might seem small on the surface but those of us that have lived and died with this program for decades realize how infuriating and sad these little ****ty personal moments and bleak milestones can be.

May widespread apathy be a plague upon Miami football until this team and this athletic department and this school are worthy of any of our support again.
I said 85% of what you are saying after 4th & 17 at UNC. Welcome to the club.

Advertisement
Yea dude... the comment was tongue-in-cheek, but I've been a Canes fan for over 40 years and I ain't jumping ship now. If anybody is in pain and embarrassed about the state of the U it's me after following the Canes and having season tickets for a shiit load of years.
I for one ain't a fair weather Cane... there is no other college team that I root for and that I'm passionate about. My tattoos ain't going anywhere!
View attachment 106229
Word!!! You and me gonna fish one day soon. Maybe even catch a Canes game one day brother!!

Go Canes!!!!

That really slowly evolved into a rage filled response there, Chief. If you read my original post it clearly says that yesterday was the first day in 3 plus decades that I ever took the **** off in shame, disgust, etc. and that it was an angry and sad milestone. Not that I'd never wear anything again or was burning my tattered Dan Morgan jersey.

That said, blind loyalty should be reserved for God and maybe your well behaved children. You don't get bonus points for caping for this program at its lowest points- points that are always self-inflicted. It's that type of support that enables those in power that are obviously intent either through stupidity, ineptitude or general misplaced priorities of not only robbing us fans annually of A LOT of money and time but essentially trying to permanently destroy something we all love.
I hear ya bro. But I was a Cane fan long before all the winning started. I can't relate to all this sky is falling ****. I'm as ****ed as the next Cane fan right now but that doesn't mean I'm not going to represent the team I've always loved and supported.
Hold your head up high. Don't fall Into this entitlement trap. Win , lose or draw.
It's great to be a Miami Hurricane. Don't ever forget that.

Go Canes!!!!!!

Advertisement
I bought some Canes gear today lol. Wish it was on discount tho... Should be at around 50% off TBH.

My family and I all wear our Canes gear proudly because we don't only root for the football program; we root for the basketball and baseball teams too, and we wish the best for the school academically as the best and most prestigious school in the region.

The []_[] is still also synonymous with Miami, and we are proud Miamians. Despite our loss to FIU, and their campaign to call us the "University of Coral Gables," this is still our city and county. Most people in the U.S. have never even heard of FIU or even have a clue about where it's located. But when people see that []_[], they know exactly who we are and what city we represent.

GO CANES!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That I ever took off Miami gear as a result of shame/embarrassment/lack of desire in hearing anyone in the general public talk ****/lack of a desire to go to jail.

Was meeting some people briefly at a local sports bar after the bowl debacle and threw on a Canes hat out of pure routine. Something then forced me to pause. Without thought I threw it on the floor and left.

These kind of things might seem small on the surface but those of us that have lived and died with this program for decades realize how infuriating and sad these little ****ty personal moments and bleak milestones can be.

May widespread apathy be a plague upon Miami football until this team and this athletic department and this school are worthy of any of our support again.

Change 30 to 60 and I’m right there with you...

Advertisement
You consider Zima hard liquor?
5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d

Advertisement

No reason for you to feel bad about it. No one in the football program feels any shame that they don´t give a **** about winning or how they perform

Advertisement
I bought some Canes gear today lol. Wish it was on discount tho... Should be at around 50% off TBH.

My family and I all wear our Canes gear proudly because we don't only root for the football program; we root for the basketball and baseball teams too, and we wish the best for the school academically as the best and most prestigious school in the region.

The []_[] is still also synonymous with Miami, and we are proud Miamians. Despite our loss to FIU, and their campaign to call us the "University of Coral Gables," this is still our city and county. Most people in the U.S. have never even heard of FIU or even have a clue about where it's located. But when people see that []_[], they know exactly who we are and what city we represent.

GO CANES!!!
Slurped alert.

GO CANES!!!
[/QUOTe

Well said home boy.

Go Canes!!!

Mannnn....F-That....I Rock Canes Gear everywhere I go (outside of work)....I have probably 15 Hats that adourn the head frequently, and give Absolutely No Fs what someone else thinks about it....My SeanTay Tat on one leg....A U/with Hurricanes on the other leg for all the Haters to see....F-them and their meaningless thoughts....

Classy

Advertisement
Back