First Time In 30+ Years Of Being a Canes Fan

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
That I ever took off Miami gear as a result of shame/embarrassment/lack of desire in hearing anyone in the general public talk ****/lack of a desire to go to jail.

Was meeting some people briefly at a local sports bar after the bowl debacle and threw on a Canes hat out of pure routine. Something then forced me to pause. Without thought I threw it on the floor and left.

These kind of things might seem small on the surface but those of us that have lived and died with this program for decades realize how infuriating and sad these little ****ty personal moments and bleak milestones can be.

May widespread apathy be a plague upon Miami football until this team and this athletic department and this school are worthy of any of our support again.

Advertisement
That I ever took off Miami gear as a result of shame/embarrassment/lack of desire in hearing anyone in the general public talk ****/lack of a desire to go to jail.

Was meeting some people briefly at a local sports bar after the bowl debacle and threw on a Canes hat out of pure routine. Something then forced me to pause. Without thought I threw it on the floor and left.

These kind of things might seem small on the surface but those of us that have lived and died with this program for decades realize how infuriating and sad these little ****ty personal moments and bleak milestones can be.

May widespread apathy be a plague upon Miami football until this team and this program and this school are worthy of any of our support again.
Sucks man I feel u

I don't wear that **** anywhere. I saw someone with a cane shirt the other day.....I usually throw up the U. I said fuq it never again until it's back

Image result for I dont wanna live like this gif

Advertisement
Advertisement

May widespread apathy be a plague upon Miami football until this team and this athletic department and this school are worthy of any of our support again.

I feel you. I still wear mine but I’ve been married for 20 years and I’m just hoping for some alone time. Even if it means being surrounded by a few hundred inmates.

I typically wear my gear to start the game and its a new shirt later in the day if it’s an afternoon start. Recently I don’t even bother sport gear...

Lol my friends mom bought me a Canes sweat shirt for Christmas not sure when I will be wearing it out in public anytime soon.

Advertisement
I feel bad whenever I see anyone here sporting Canes gear or with a UM license plate, decal, etc on their vehicle.

Like we've suffered through a collective loss that is hard to discern, or explain, in total. A communal forbearance of grief.

Wore my canes sweater to work today (I work in a freezer). Needless to say I’m swapping out to FAMU in the morning. Sweater will now be downgraded for car washes and rub outs only.

Advertisement
Y'all are crazy. I wear my Canes gear every week/all the time. I'm wearing it right now.

The U is bigger than one bad season, or 15 for that matter. We'll be back in the 2020s!!

In case you forgot what the U is about, maybe this will help jog your memory:

If not, go watch The U part 1, The U part 2, The U by Najeh Davenport. And if that doesn't do it, then go lock yourself in a room and watch everything ever posted by YouTube user CanesFreak2001. Repeat as necessary. GO CANES!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back