First Rd Management

First Round Management Question (Now a poll too)

• Interrupt them please. The plebes need to be heard at any time.

• STFU and let them fight. I see enough comments from the plebes. Let the battle rage uninterrupted.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey @Peter Ariz,

When was the last time you logged on to CIS to do anything other than debate people about FRM?

You’ve been a ghost around here since you left, which, all the power to you, but I think that’s part of the reason why people have questioned your intentions.

And I hope you don’t assume I’m attacking you; this is a genuine question.
E97D4C81-BC08-4DBC-8E5B-559F647716CC.gif

23682E9E-7237-40FC-88DC-64A1078A4969.gif
F0B54F44-2BEC-4683-A00C-CCCF05B7AF19.gif

Advertisement
Yeah you’re right. Most agencies will not sign those guys who are slated to go later. Because they don’t give a **** about them as people and will let them just go after having developed a “relationship” with them. Cause all most agents really care about are the draft grade. So yeah, you want those guys who have their minds made up regardless to just go sign with a ****** agent who probably won’t get them the best training, recovery, etc? What most people don’t understand too is that of a guy is a late rounder one year, he’s probably a late rounder the next year unless something crazy happens (if it’s a height/weight/speed thing there’s nothing much that really changes from one year to the next)

This is my fourth year personally doing this. My first year I had a first rounder in Tytus Howard who is coming up for a deal soon, my second year I had third rounder Jordan Elliott who gets starter snaps for the Browns and will be up for a deal after next season. And last year I had Rob Jones who will most likely start for Fins next season and was active every game this season. I define my own goals, and if I grab another player each year who is starting and getting a new deal, I’ll be doing just fine.

But you wouldn’t understand that
Careful what you say on an open forum. If your doing everything in the right way as you say then you shouldn't be developing a relationship as an agent with a kid while he's still in school period, let alone when it relates to the NFL...
Dee, honest question...given what 5th/6th/7th round pays, vs. what some of these NIL deals will be paying, would you expect NIL to begin to minimize this temptation/need for a quick NFL paycheck, at least for "UM-type" players who could legitimately improve their stock by staying for one more year?
ABSOLUTELY... if it's like he says & they're actively helping kids with that then that'll negate almost all of that running kids off early. Kids leave for multitudes of reasons. But normally they're just tired of being broke... I'd love to see Pete & them make a difference with kids lives. You notice he keeps mentioning his goals and a couple of kids who made it yet he doesn't even break wind speaking on the kids they represented who never had a shot & it certainly wouldn't hurt them to either transfer out or stay a year longer... He cares so much but he hasn't mentioned one of those kids like yearby who never had a shot.

Yeah you’re right. Most agencies will not sign those guys who are slated to go later. Because they don’t give a **** about them as people and will let them just go after having developed a “relationship” with them. Cause all most agents really care about are the draft grade. So yeah, you want those guys who have their minds made up regardless to just go sign with a ****** agent who probably won’t get them the best training, recovery, etc? What most people don’t understand too is that of a guy is a late rounder one year, he’s probably a late rounder the next year unless something crazy happens (if it’s a height/weight/speed thing there’s nothing much that really changes from one year to the next)

This is my fourth year personally doing this. My first year I had a first rounder in Tytus Howard who is coming up for a deal soon, my second year I had third rounder Jordan Elliott who gets starter snaps for the Browns and will be up for a deal after next season. And last year I had Rob Jones who will most likely start for Fins next season and was active every game this season. I define my own goals, and if I grab another player each year who is starting and getting a new deal, I’ll be doing just fine.

But you wouldn’t understand that
For those of you who need help understanding, Pete here just exposed the fact that you were all right and he is one of the main ones Manny was talking about when he cut agents and their reps away from campus cause they were weaseling in and getting in these kids ears. Otherwise how would he be able to speak on cutting a kid off after developing a relationship. These kids should be strangers to agents until they start to put out feelers because that's morally how this is supposed to be done.

Advertisement
For those of you who need help understanding, Pete here just exposed the fact that you were all right and he is one of the main ones Manny was talking about when he cut agents and their reps away from campus cause they were weaseling in and getting in these kids ears. Otherwise how would he be able to speak on cutting a kid off after developing a relationship. These kids should be strangers to agents until they start to put out feelers because that's morally how this is supposed to be done.

x factor GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back