First Rd Management

First Round Management Question (Now a poll too)

• Interrupt them please. The plebes need to be heard at any time.

• STFU and let them fight. I see enough comments from the plebes. Let the battle rage uninterrupted.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Advertisement
Brandon Parker starting RT for Raiders - coming up on new deal now

Sean Chandler starting nickel for Panthers - new deal coming up now

Njoku new deal should be done soon

Rob Jones has bright future with Dolphins

Again to say we don’t have 100 clients is one thing, but we rep tons of great players across the league.
Again That's the better strategy for you guys. Leave college kids alone so you don't talk them into wasting a year of eligibility & focus on dudes already in the league... Because you're college class simply again proved the point.

I want aware chief came back Petey. Good for you guys I guess as he just had a good season so you should be able to get him a good deal. Well see I guess. It would be great if y'all finally start using some morals and doing right by these dudes instead of just taking what you can and hoping for quick hits. Most of y'all's kids get one chance & if they don't capitalize on that moment they're over and done and working trivial jobs... Gotta cut that **** out
Your proving my point with the caliber of kids y'all sign by the way... If FIRST ROUND management draft strategy is undrafted free agents or late round picks than I completely understand. To say all star game dudes etc is also counter productive as the dudes who are all early options don't typically even consider playing in those.
2017 - two first rounders
2018 - Leonard Draft class, 6 picks
2019- Tytus Howard first tound
2020 - Noah first round

Not sure what you are getting at.

I’m regards to all star games, I disagree with that. The elite juniors aren’t even eligible to play in these games unless they graduate by December. Last year 10 guys who went to senior bowl were first round picks. Shrine game has 75% of their guys drafted as well. All star games are important because the guys invited to the games are getting the invites based on teams reaching out to the game saying they want to see the player. It’s a solid indication that they are Draftable players if the process goes well for them.

@apfenny3 can chime in as well

Austin and Pete would definitely know the cut

NFL apples and NCAA oranges are not identical yet, at least as to what a firm may charge a college player for an NIL deal (and let's not forget that many NIL deals will dissipate if a player doesn't play or transfers, etc.).

At a bare minimum, if a firm ever charges a college kid 15% for an NIL deal, they **** well better withhold and remit estimated income tax to the IRS for the money they charge these kids.

Advertisement
Set up my pod request above, add Pete… Football business talk… add @SWFLHurricane and make it a 4 corners match….
All I'm gonna say is many had one thing right... It related to a certain group of individuals. @apfenny3 one of the few with morals. I'm all for making bread. Was gonna start up an agency with some friends two years back until I looked deeper into it. I'm not okay with running kids dreams & can't lie for the sake of a check either.

Again That's the better strategy for you guys. Leave college kids alone so you don't talk them into wasting a year of eligibility & focus on dudes already in the league... Because you're college class simply again proved the point.
We will have at least 6-7 of those dudes drafted. Again I’m not sure what you’re getting at.

And what the heck are you even talking about when you say not to talk kids into wasting a year? This stupid statement has been thrown around here for years. Ask these kids who is real with them and tells them the truth about what the league is saying. We’ve been blamed for Norton for years. All we can do is supply info to the guys. The decision is on them. You can tell a guy the league says they are going undrafted, and they won’t believe you and tell you that you are hating on them. Ask Norton who stuck with him and didn’t kick him to the curb after his accident.

It’s easy for you guys to blame everything that goes wrong on the agent, but I’m tired of the FRM name being smeared on here. We do great work and there’s not reason why a guy like you should continue to come on the board and talk nonsense about us.

2017 - two first rounders
2018 - Leonard Draft class, 6 picks
2019- Tytus Howard first tound
2020 - Noah first round

Not sure what you are getting at.

I’m regards to all star games, I disagree with that. The elite juniors aren’t even eligible to play in these games unless they graduate by December. Last year 10 guys who went to senior bowl were first round picks. Shrine game has 75% of their guys drafted as well. All star games are important because the guys invited to the games are getting the invites based on teams reaching out to the game saying they want to see the player. It’s a solid indication that they are Draftable players if the process goes well for them.

@apfenny3 can chime in as well
In a year of COVID where kids needed tape sure that's the numbers. But gms are all about film. What other options was there and we're not talking about late picks and tweeners which fill those numbers out. We're talking about first or second round at worst. Early round picks don't go to all star games typically.

Advertisement
We will have at least 6-7 of those dudes drafted. Again I’m not sure what you’re getting at.

And what the heck are you even talking about when you say not to talk kids into wasting a year? This stupid statement has been thrown around here for years. Ask these kids who is real with them and tells them the truth about what the league is saying. We’ve been blamed for Norton for years. All we can do is supply info to the guys. The decision is on them. You can tell a guy the league says they are going undrafted, and they won’t believe you and tell you that you are hating on them. Ask Norton who stuck with him and didn’t kick him to the curb after his accident.

It’s easy for you guys to blame everything that goes wrong on the agent, but I’m tired of the FRM name being smeared on here. We do great work and there’s not reason why a guy like you should continue to come on the board and talk nonsense about us.

Murder She Wrote Reaction GIF

I know FRM gets a lot of flack on here but I've know Pete personally for years before either of us entered the industry and I know he goes about things the right way. They're not on the same success level as Drew or CAA or other corporate level agencies but I'd argue they've had more success over the last 5 years than probably around 80-90% of agencies out there.

The industry as a whole is dirty on both sides with how a lot of agents operate and also some of the things that players try to pull as well. The longer I've been in it the more I've started to realize that more often than not the players will do what they want or already have their minds made up no matter what advice they get and you kind of just have to roll with it. Obviously these are some broad generalizations but it's pretty common.

Funny cause number one I know a few dudes you all represented out of college. Also kids in those situations you can simply refuse to represent. Most established agency's don't touch kids with undrafted free agent as a likelihood or even sixth or seventh round. Real with them is laughable when honestly you have no reason for communication with them entirely unless you're trying to sign them. You keep saying again like you're speaking on my point. You're actually avoiding my point. To take a kid that has real potential in staying in college for another year and playing himself up the charts opposed to leaving early when it's known they're 5th sixth or 7th rounders at best is sad considering some of these dudes simply need a quick pay check for family and will take whatever they can rather than an agent who's supposed to be a voice of reason telling them they're leaving alot on the table doing it that way. But I get it Pete. The Kool aid tastes good so roll with it. To get a kid drafted in the late rounds is no ones goals. It's not what I'm speaking on.

Advertisement
Funny cause number one I know a few dudes you all represented out of college. Also kids in those situations you can simply refuse to represent. Most established agency's don't touch kids with undrafted free agent as a likelihood or even sixth or seventh round. Real with them is laughable when honestly you have no reason for communication with them entirely unless you're trying to sign them. You keep saying again like you're speaking on my point. You're actually avoiding my point. To take a kid that has real potential in staying in college for another year and playing himself up the charts opposed to leaving early when it's known they're 5th sixth or 7th rounders at best is sad considering some of these dudes simply need a quick pay check for family and will take whatever they can rather than an agent who's supposed to be a voice of reason telling them they're leaving alot on the table doing it that way. But I get it Pete. The Kool aid tastes good so roll with it. To get a kid drafted in the late rounds is no ones goals. It's not what I'm speaking on.

Dee, honest question...given what 5th/6th/7th round pays, vs. what some of these NIL deals will be paying, would you expect NIL to begin to minimize this temptation/need for a quick NFL paycheck, at least for "UM-type" players who could legitimately improve their stock by staying for one more year?

We put more money in Canes players’ pockets through NIL deals than any other agency out there this year, bar none. And we have tons of deals to be announced in the next few weeks.
That part I can't speak on and it's where you guys and all others can make a difference. No need to speak on it when you can show it. That's all I'd like to see out of y'all. Conduct yourself with morals and help kids achieve their goals even when the short term may not be something they want. People can say what they want about drew(and anyone who knows me knows I can't stand the man) but I've seen him tell kids to their face the hard truth over and over and flat out won't represent them unless an early pick is a legit option.

Yeah you’re right. Most agencies will not sign those guys who are slated to go later. Because they don’t give a **** about them as people and will let them just go after having developed a “relationship” with them. Cause all most agents really care about are the draft grade. So yeah, you want those guys who have their minds made up regardless to just go sign with a ****** agent who probably won’t get them the best training, recovery, etc? What most people don’t understand too is that of a guy is a late rounder one year, he’s probably a late rounder the next year unless something crazy happens (if it’s a height/weight/speed thing there’s nothing much that really changes from one year to the next)

This is my fourth year personally doing this. My first year I had a first rounder in Tytus Howard who is coming up for a deal soon, my second year I had third rounder Jordan Elliott who gets starter snaps for the Browns and will be up for a deal after next season. And last year I had Rob Jones who will most likely start for Fins next season and was active every game this season. I define my own goals, and if I grab another player each year who is starting and getting a new deal, I’ll be doing just fine.

But you wouldn’t understand that

Advertisement
That part I can't speak on and it's where you guys and all others can make a difference. No need to speak on it when you can show it. That's all I'd like to see out of y'all. Conduct yourself with morals and help kids achieve their goals even when the short term may not be something they want. People can say what they want about drew(and anyone who knows me knows I can't stand the man) but I've seen him tell kids to their face the hard truth over and over and flat out won't represent them unless an early pick is a legit option.
He says that because he only cares about their draft status. Doesn’t give a **** about them or their families.

You should conduct yourself with morals and stop smearing our name on here. I know how we operate and know we do things the right way.

Pete how does that guy suck so bad?

Dee, honest question...given what 5th/6th/7th round pays, vs. what some of these NIL deals will be paying, would you expect NIL to begin to minimize this temptation/need for a quick NFL paycheck, at least for "UM-type" players who could legitimately improve their stock by staying for one more year?
Zip it you two! No interrupting!

75F864D9-F36F-4E77-8986-51FF8A831F25.gif

794424C5-4FA6-499B-8E42-C33167FC212E.gif

Hey @Peter Ariz,

When was the last time you logged on to CIS to do anything other than debate people about FRM?

You’ve been a ghost around here since you left, which, all the power to you, but I think that’s part of the reason why people have questioned your intentions.

And I hope you don’t assume I’m attacking you; this is a genuine question.

Advertisement
Back