First Rd Management

First Round Management Question (Now a poll too)

• Interrupt them please. The plebes need to be heard at any time.

• STFU and let them fight. I see enough comments from the plebes. Let the battle rage uninterrupted.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just read update and tweet by them in Taylor thread. I wonder what their cut is on the deals??

About six months ago, Pete said they were doing the deals pro bono. Not sure if that will always be the case as the numbers get larger. Also not sure if First Round is "needed" for deals that are offered to multiple players.

What these kids really need is a tax accountant.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let the players make money. I’ll lean on the side of that vs networks and coaches getting everything…

There should be checks and balances, but the NCAA made this bed. I hope it costs them everything. **** em.

Advertisement
About two months ago, Pete said they were doing the deals pro bono. Not sure if that will always be the case as the numbers get larger. Also not sure if First Round is "needed" for deals that are offered to multiple players.

What these kids really need is a tax accountant.

they def need that.

all it is a way to lock in these kids for their pro contracts when they declare. its smart by them. go with the dudes that built a relationship with you early on and got you paid when you were a underclassman

Advertisement
That's a really old roster. Needs to be updated. Bones dropped mehlki more than a year ago & so did chief. Honestly don't even pay attention to the rest.
There were also a few Cane players that signed with them briefly and moved on very quickly a couple years back, I believe

1642390650149.png

Helping them with NIL deals starts a relationship. Foster the relationship and it turns into representation for NFL
Technically speaking it opens a door. But unless I'm confused it's literally illegal to ink anything while still in college for representation in the league. It's why so many agents get ****ed when they try to lock kids in early by taking care of them throughout school. Because the kids find out it's essentially free money they can't be held responsible for. You have plenty of agents now taking care of kids throughout high school and up. Had one agent no need to speak his name, all me if I was interested in starting up a feeder academy with him for youth football. So her essentially be able to target kids from elementary school up. That's just crazy.

Advertisement
On field is capped at 3% for NFL players, majority are around 20% for marketing and some 15%

Very true for pro players. As of 2021, I heard from multiple people in the know that SoFla firms were largely working with UM players on a pro bono basis, but the numbers are definitely getting larger and are approaching terms more commonly seen for professional athletes. 2022 is going to be a wild year for NIL, though.

Helping them with NIL deals starts a relationship. Foster the relationship and it turns into representation for NFL
Technically speaking it opens a door. But unless I'm confused it's literally illegal to ink anything while still in college for representation in the league. It's why so many agents get ****ed when they try to lock kids in early by taking care of them throughout school. Because the kids find out it's essentially free money they can't be held responsible for. You have plenty of agents now taking care of kids throughout high school and up. Had one agent no need to speak his name, all me if I was interested in starting up a feeder academy with him for youth football. So her essentially be able to target kids from elementary school up. That's just crazy.

Advertisement
The end of that is gross by the agent.

they can ink for nil representation but we all know that’s not what they’re after

Yeah these aren't employment contracts. They take a bigger cut of marketing and endorsement deals. Also as I mentioned none of this is being regulated (capped) by Player Associations or CBA's either, so could get a little Wild West out there.
The PA and agent community are curiously adverse…

I think a panel discussion cis podcast with @apfenny3 and @Brooklyndee would be insightful…

Brooklyn could use that Mahomes voice over that @Cribby used to secure the secrecy of his identity.

Advertisement
Back