First Rd Management

First Round Management Question (Now a poll too)

• Interrupt them please. The plebes need to be heard at any time.

• STFU and let them fight. I see enough comments from the plebes. Let the battle rage uninterrupted.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Advertisement
I’m going to start a poll and ask the board if they want to read this thread with posters interrupting the two main protagonists or if they just want them to

View attachment 172840

and

View attachment 172841

So the rest of us can

View attachment 172842

?
The debate is interesting and informing. As long as it doesn’t get out of hand, I say
0D8C3038-C4F5-4DFF-B9D6-5A9624288E98.gif

Can we get some back story for the less plugged in?
Yeah, I will try to sum this up and I hope this is accurate in essence.

Pete became an Agent for First Round Management (FRM). Many on the board, including Brooklyn, blame him for getting kids to leave school early and then be drafted low or not at all. Pete says that’s not how it happens and that often these kids make their own choices regardless of what they are told or advised. Brooklyn has made other statements on here regarding FRM. Peter is now taking issue with those statements.

The debate is interesting and informing. As long as it doesn’t get out of hand, I say View attachment 172847
Oh I’ll let it get out of hand. The debate isn’t the issue. The issue is poRsters directly interrupting the participants with their questions and comments during the heat of the battle.

Please vote in the poll though. Lol

This is why you’re the GOAT. You speak facts and say it how it is.

I used to work at Wasserman (marketing consultant) and had the privilege to meet/work with some of the biggest agents in the business and athletes in the world on the agency side. Although it has its rewards when you make it to a certain level, It’s a very difficult business to be in.

I won’t speak too much on some of the things I have noticed with FRM that I haven’t liked but the angle that they “care about the athletes and their family’s” is funny to me. Real recognizes real and there is something amateurish and not genuine about posting it on a message board.

Meanwhile, when he criticizes other big time agency’s for only caring about players draft status (which is partially true) makes me wonder does he not think he won’t be the same if he reaches that level of success? This is a business, at the end.
Not only that but do you notice how he's only mentioned the few success they have. How bout the large number of kids who barely got an opportunity and were cut asap or on practice squads. The udas etc who actually needed an agent,the right agent to work for them and we're failed. How much do they care about them. To be clear I don't personally know Pete & if @apfenny3 says he's good people and he's goes about his work right than I'm good with that and won't question him personally. But I know mahlki and several other people over there personally and I know I have my concerns about how they go about business over there. Not everyone falls into the same web. But to act like they as a company are some glimmering beacon of humanity is just laughable... I'd love to be proved wrong. Cause personally I hate drew and know the presence he is gonna have again at campus once Mario gets this ball rolling. I dont feel he deserves to benefit from these boys blood & sweat. So feel free to prove me wrong. These kids honestly need that.

Advertisement
We put more money in Canes players’ pockets through NIL deals than any other agency out there this year, bar none. And we have tons of deals to be announced in the next few weeks.

FRM put more money in Canes player's pockets through NIL deals than Rosenahus Sports? Looks like about $350K here in NIL deals, would be curious to see the numbers on FRM NIL deals if it's superior to that

Yeah, I will try to sim this up and I hope this is accurate in essence.

Pete became an Agent for First Round Management (FRM). Many on the board, including Brooklyn, blame him for getting kids to leave school early and then be drafted low or not at all. Pete says that’s not how it happens and that often these kids make their own choices regardless of what they are told or advised. Brooklyn has made other statements on here regarding FRM. Peter is now taking issue with those statements.
Don't leave out the part where he fails to acknowledge the fact that THEY SIGN ON TO REPRESENT THESE KIDS... If they cared so much and they advise these kids against coming out because they know what a reach it is then they'd simply tell these kids I'm sorry but we can't represent you. The idea that they advise them not to come out but still sign up for representation knowing the likely result and the expenses they take on etc is just a joke. Ask anyone thats ever done training with someone like Pete bommarito what kind of expense that is then decide for yourself who's full of ****. That money is all fronted by the agency and recuperated on e they sign a contract... How's that gonna affect someone who's an undrafted free agent... Some kid on a practice squad working at some burger joint?

Not true. We were never cut or banned from campus. False narrative once again.

We have always been allowed to talk to kids while in school. That’s not against the rules. You should probably know more about the business before you come on here and talk like you do.
He's a former player you know

Advertisement
Don't leave out the part where he fails to acknowledge the fact that THEY SIGN ON TO REPRESENT THESE KIDS... If they cared so much and they advise these kids against coming out because they know what a reach it is then they'd simply tell these kids I'm sorry but we can't represent you. The idea that they advise them not to come out but still sign up for representation knowing the likely result and the expenses they take on etc is just a joke. Ask anyone thats ever done training with someone like Pete bommarito what kind of expense that is then decide for yourself who's full of ****. That money is all fronted by the agency and recuperated on e they sign a contract... How's that gonna affect someone who's an undrafted free agent... Some kid on a practice squad working at some burger joint?
I support you in your concern for the financial impacts to kids who are now out of school without a degree and not where they thought they’d be in the NFL. I’m trying to instigate mauderate fairly and let the conversation go without it being interrupted by the rest of us. You can vote in the poll too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Will do but even so you don't think it's a little telling that pretty much every big name we have on both sides of the ball (exception being LT) signed with Rosenhaus for NIL instead of FRM?
We’ve already announced Frierson and Taylor at 50K each

Have about 7-8 more announcements coming this week and you will see what I’m talking about.

Oh I’ll let it get out of hand. The debate isn’t the issue. The issue is poRsters directly interrupting the participants with their questions and comments during the heat of the battle.

Please vote in the poll though. Lol
Done

Advertisement
Back