Ferman says no Zo

I can absolutely see Manny going out and hiring a hot social media name (per fans) like Rhett Lashlee quick to keep the pitchforks at bay and try to show UM doesn't need Zo. There's no way Manny is going to be on board with giving up any power, or perceived power.

Advertisement
I can absolutely see Manny going out and hiring a hot social media name (per fans) like Rhett Lashlee quick to keep the pitchforks at bay and try to show UM doesn't need Zo. There's no way Manny is going to be on board with giving up any power, or perceived power.
Manny wants to keep his job. That means win next year and get fans off his ***.

This was never happening. It’s just a distraction. Now, the OC hire has satiated the masses to a point that the heat on Blake is vastly reduced. They have achieved their goal for one more year.

Fail. Fool. Hype. Rinse. Repeat.

Not sure how many times I’ll continue to say this, but this University does not care about winning. They just want to keep the noise to an acceptable level, keep their jobs, keep the gravy train rolling, and slowly lower the expectations and diminish the stature of the football program. They have just accomplished their goal for 2020.

The heat is not off Blake....if anything this exposed him even more.

Manny wants a sidekick. It’s not happening and hasn’t been happening unless Zo wants to come in and be a sidekick. Do you all think he would really come do that? Blake James doesn’t want an alpha in the building
That's because James knows Alonso would take away all the football power he has. If Zo hired some coaches that turned Miami into a powerhouse, the boosters with the money would want Blake replaced with Zo as AD. That could happen anyway if Manny and Blake fail.

Secondly, Zo has more pedigree on football than both Blake and Manny combined. They fear a vacuum effect of power and decision making if Zo were on the administrative staff.

Advertisement
If Zo is effectively an AD just for football or maybe Chief-of-staff under Blake with co-equal status to Manny, there’s room for both BJ and Manny to prosper. And 8-9 wins ain’t crap but sure is better than lately. Zo surely knows how to play it; been there, done that.

BJ may not know football well, and Manny may lack leadership and inspiration but with the right OC is savvy enough to make a go of it, and Blake is surely not stupid. If he can make Manny (and dad and some supporters on BOT) happy, and look good when things go well (or better) and Zo maybe has a behind the scenes or other part in that, he comes out ahead. I’d be surprised if something like this does not happen.

Fvck this administration.

we saw this coming right? I did. it was clear james didn't want to give up football, and diaz had 0 inclination to have a guy who was his boss in all things football. He wanted a yes man not a guy with real power in football ceo role. zo was never gonna take a role he had to answer to diaz. I think we all saw it coming. it wont matter if diaz with lashlee win 10 but if this team goes 6-6 or 7-5 etc diaz and james wont have jobs come 21

Advertisement
I believe this report. Sink or swim year for both Blake and Manny.
This is sink or swim for both of them. It’s a shame that a first year coach like Manny who had such a disappointing (yes horrible!) first year is so resistant to getting as much help as possible to turn this program around. Instead, he is going to do it his way and let his ego take the lead. And will probably be his downfall! I am not convinced changing the OC is going to fix our problems.

If you're really disappointed about this then you also bought into Furrywoman's timeline of events. A timeline that conveniently always ends with nothing materializing......aside from a bunch of clicks along the way.

Advertisement
I agree he’s been exposed. I’d like you to be right about the heat, but the sense I get is most are focused on being happy about Rhett. We’ll see.

Its up to us the fans to keep the heat turned up on him...not let him slide just for hiring a new OC

Lol. So he hired the best candidate not to improve the team and keep his dream job but to keep the pitchforks at Bay.

He is not dumb. He's been fired for losing. He knows if he doesn't win next season he's gone.

Advertisement
Lol. So he hired the best candidate not to improve the team and keep his dream job but to keep the pitchforks at Bay.

He is not dumb. He's been fired for losing. He knows if he doesn't win next season he's gone.

Not what i said. I said i could see him doing that as quick as he did after only hearing 2-3 names as a way to get in front of things.....especially a name like Lashlee who appeases "fans" much more than the guy from UVA or Heckendorf.

There were many names floated out there who were better than Heckendorf and the UVA guy but none seemingly interested or brought in for an interview (at least to public knowledge right now).

Sperman is definitely a moron. But if Manure lets Lashlee run his offense the frenetic pace will lead to more plays for the opponent and our defensive numbers will suffer.
With how many three and outs/quick stops our offense suffered through last year, I don't think that's possible. Our defense probably is on the field same amount of time, whether Lashlee does well or sucks.
Last year we were 72nd in TOP, SMU was 87th (difference of about one minute)

Advertisement
Back