Ferman says no Zo

Advertisement
Advertisement
They are going to fill that Chief of Staff position. Blake cut his teeth during good times, and wants what Pete Garcia delivered for us. That is the genesis of what they are looking for with that hire. No way Alonzo would be interested in that.

Fvck this administration.

This was never happening. It’s just a distraction. Now, the OC hire has satiated the masses to a point that the heat on Blake is vastly reduced. They have achieved their goal for one more year.

Fail. Fool. Hype. Rinse. Repeat.

Not sure how many times I’ll continue to say this, but this University does not care about winning. They just want to keep the noise to an acceptable level, keep their jobs, keep the gravy train rolling, and slowly lower the expectations and diminish the stature of the football program. They have just accomplished their goal for 2020.

Advertisement
It's amazing to me, no disrespect to Highsmith, that people think he's some magical elixir that'll fix everything. In what capacity has he ever worked in college football?

On Ferman, quit posting his dumbass thoughts. Guy is always wrong, basically said he was coming initially and here comes the backpedaling.

Advertisement
Zo wants to step up and help, not step down and cringe.
His personality could not sit in a room with all the BS flying around him.
They are scared as to what Zo might do and say, and frankly do NOT want to deal with it.

It's amazing to me, no disrespect to Highsmith, that people think he's some magical elixir that'll fix everything. In what capacity has he ever worked in college football?

On Ferman, quit posting his dumbass thoughts. Guy is always wrong, basically said he was coming initially and here comes the backpedaling.
No one is saying that. Everyone is saying that he cares about Miami football and not all the other BS that has made our football program Mickey mouse

Sperman is definitely a moron. But if Manure lets Lashlee run his offense the frenetic pace will lead to more plays for the opponent and our defensive numbers will suffer.

True. This is where the critical misses at positions like CB will kill us, and why just changing OCs alone won't save Manny. A person with a football brain will get that, the dolts that think in silos within our AD won't. Sometimes changing coordinators can put you over the edge, like LSU, in other situations, like FSU it doesn't even delay the inevitable, it speeds it up. People like Blake think that LSU's situation is relevant, which is laughable, but people think hiring Highsmith in a "separate but equal" role to Manny that still reports to Blake is going to turn around the AD. IMO, I'd not waste Highsmith's time until you have an AD with a football brain who would actually listen to what he has to say instead of bouncing his ideas off of Manny, and then ultimately "deferring to the coach" per usual.

Advertisement
No one is saying that. Everyone is saying that he cares about Miami football and not all the other BS that has made our football program Mickey mouse

There's a lot of people and former players who care about Miami football. We should just throw a dart at a list of them and roll with that.

True. This is where the critical misses at positions like CB will kill us, and why just changing OCs alone won't save Manny. A person with a football brain will get that, the dolts that think in silos within our AD won't. Sometimes changing coordinators can put you over the edge, like LSU, in other situations, like FSU it doesn't even delay the inevitable, it speeds it up. People like Blake think that LSU's situation is relevant, which is laughable, but people think hiring Highsmith in a "separate but equal" role to Manny that still reports to Blake is going to turn around the AD. IMO, I'd not waste Highsmith's time until you have an AD with a football brain who would actually listen to what he has to say instead of bouncing his ideas off of Manny, and then ultimately "deferring to the coach" per usual.
Yep. The only way that switching coordinators works is if the HC is a good leader and the other side of the ball is in capable hands.

It worked at LSU because the players play hard for O, and Aranda is a proven solid DC. LSU’s defensive numbers slipped this year with the increased offensive pace, but it was a net overall huge victory because the rest of the program was already in good hands and solid.

We are going to increase tempo nearly two-fold, yet we have 4 CBs on the roster and a freshman DC. It could get dicey. When it does, will Manure panic and tell Lashlee to slow things down? Then, what’s the effect of that? Once you start fcking with the OC you brought in because of his tempo what does that do? We’ll see.

I do, too. But this has me skeptical. Especially with Lashlee being hired even though Zo was supposed to have a say in the matter.
Lashlee was a hr hire from everything I’ve read in terms of style and tempo. Don’t think zos input would’ve been better than that. Ivins and lake initially thought we had very little shot to get him bc he turned down Arkansas and was looking at Texas before but wants to go to the right situation. Also said we reached out to Brady and he was basically nfl or LSU.

Advertisement
Back