Ferman names a potential WR coach candidate

I have no idea if this is going to be the hire. But this right here is a massive red flag:

"But while fans can argue the degree to which Stubblefield might have hoped to improve Utah's existing receivers, little was heard about his impact on the recruiting trail."

http://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=3343976&itype=CMSID

When Utah writers are basically like, "Bye. You can't recruit for sh*t anyway," that's not what I want out of my potential WR coach hire.

Advertisement
Sliver of hope: there was a ton of misinformation about the OC hire.

Hopefully it's the same in this case.

Nick Saban is overrated. His Boosters are Hall of Fame. How else do you explain losing to Clemson twice with better recruits?
You really think saban is overrated?? Like your making this judgment purely from a objective football view and not out of hate?..if so I don’t think u can talk football. Saban is the greatest CFB coach ever. Statistically, titles, sustained greatness in a era where dynasties should not last. Does Bama buy some players, sure. But so does every major team in his own conference and around college football. Think about what you were doing in 08...that’s how long he’s had Bama rolling

If he can cure whatever it was the caused our WR to drop so many passes then hire him

Advertisement
You really think saban is overrated?? Like your making this judgment purely from a objective football view and not out of hate?..if so I don’t think u can talk football. Saban is the greatest CFB coach ever. Statistically, titles, sustained greatness in a era where dynasties should not last. Does Bama buy some players, sure. But so does every major team in his own conference and around college football. Think about what you were doing in 08...that’s how long he’s had Bama rolling

You can make a case for Urban, he also didn't have close to this success at LSU

Only because the mods have a weird discretion on what they choose to delete and not delete. The title of the other thread is completely misleading.

Taylor Stubblefield is not Miami bound despite the title of the other thread. He coached at Air Force last year, not Army. He isn't even known to be a serious candidate at this point. He does have a connection to Enos. He coached at Central Michigan. Also, when has Ferman ever been ahead of the curve, specifically when it comes to the Diaz era?

Advertisement
Well Dugans had receivers blocking great, but think now we could go to an even better blocking level.

Why are people upset? You guys know more about football than Manny?

Not really commenting on this rumor but I have heard this is some form or fashion for last 15 years when it came to someone questioning the corches and their moves... That **** has irked me forever, lol...

You guys know more football than Coker, Shannon, Golden, Richt?! Like these guys are above mking mistakes and being called out on it. Its the last line of defense when you have no better rebuttal.

Advertisement
You can make a case for Urban, he also didn't have close to this success at LSU
He won a title at LSU. And it took him only 3 years to do it. Likely would’ve had more given the fact les won it in 07 with saban last recruiter class at LSU. Urban is great but he’s had more let down seasons than Nick. And u can say he kinda underachievied with the talent he accumulated at UF and Ohio State. Urban is a great coach in his own right

Advertisement
ferman starting nonsense. he has zero information. he's not even a candidate just a connection to enos

dvd.gif

Saban was a coach before Alabama and didn't dominate like this. Maybe hes just getting old but I thought the point of having the most expensive staff in college Football was meant to lessen the load. Syracuse has less talent less coaches but seemed better prepared for Clemson 2 years straight. If saban was coach of Miami he'll be handicapped by limited funds he's receiving at Alabama. Nick Saban helps elevate coaches but he has great ex coaches like Derek Jeter has great ex girlfriends.

Advertisement
Back