Ferman names a potential WR coach candidate

Advertisement
Derek Lewis former Florida TE coach.
New Orleans native. Played for the Rams I believe and has a super bowl ring.

Interesting if true since both Army and AFA are run option offenses. 🤔
Damaryus thomas came from a option O..tbh it’s more about can’ the guy teach young ppl and motivate/communicate. For the most part All these guys teach the same **** as far as technique. It’s a lazy assertion to say he coaches at a option school so he can’t teach wideouts. U see coaches cross train positions all the time.

Advertisement
You have not one worldly clue about the man, yet you attack him...the way of the HERD!

So edgy. So trendy. The “Herd” blindly accepts whatever is going on. We need cold blooded assassins on the trail. Guys with a track record of high end talent reaching their potential. This ain’t it

He’s been a WR coach at CMU, Utah, in the CFL. So it’s not like this guy was built to coach the option running. I’m hoping he could be great at teaching WR blocking

As long as he's elite on the trail. WR and RB coach are two positions on want leaning towards the recruiting side than the coaching side. RB obviously more than WR. But WR is still a position that needs to be one of your overall better sellers on the staff.

Advertisement
Everyone can blow this guy if he’s hired but this staff is beyond questionable if true. Joke of a hire given who we already hired
Why because he's not a big name WR coach? You have no idea who this guy is or what kind of coach he is yet you call this a joke of a hire. I'm sorry just because you read a Wikipedia list does not mean you have any idea the kind of coach he is....

Guy left Purdue holding the ncaa record for receptions.

How would this hire be any worse than Kevin Beard or Lamar Thomas?

It’s not a splash hire, but Diaz gave Enos freedom to hire who he wants, so this is the price you gotta pay sometimes.
Because recruiting.

He might be a great wr coach. From the remaining spots, Manny best make sure he gets great recruiters, also.

I’m not even saying he can’t be that, though his resume doesn’t scream So Fla. But you asked how. That’s how.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back