Ferman names a potential WR coach candidate

So we're back to giving up & comers their shot?? We just survived that. There is no way there isn't a better option (pun intended).

I mean.. Our RB coach was unemployed. Not good enough to be retained by the new k-state staff. But Miami? Come on down.

WR coach goes from Air Force to Miami? What happened to all the people blowing up Manny's phone trying to get hired?

U guys realize Manny has hired one coach away from a p5 school? I'm not saying group of 5 coaches can't coach.. But come on.

hickson had KSU backs performing better than they have been in years. his HC retired and the new coach brings their own guys which is generally how it goes. seider wasn't retained at UF either but every yearns for him here

Advertisement
Saban was a coach before Alabama and didn't dominate like this. Maybe hes just getting old but I thought the point of having the most expensive staff in college Football was meant to lessen the load. Syracuse has less talent less coaches but seemed better prepared for Clemson 2 years straight. If saban was coach of Miami he'll be handicapped by limited funds he's receiving at Alabama. Nick Saban helps elevate coaches but he has great ex coaches like Derek Jeter has great ex girlfriends.
B4 bama he was at Michigan st (mediocre overall but good for that program and his 1st gig) then LSU who has 3 titles in history..2 of which he is directly responsible for. Then what he’s done at bama who was thought of as dead historical program like Norte dame was

Think about all the turnover as far as Nick Saban assistants. All the guys who left for new jobs. Most notable guys like McElwain, smart, and Muschamp. And yet Bama is still Bama. Don’t fool yourself into thinking Bama is going away after this Clemson game. He just dominated Clemson last years semifinals so idk where you got the bolded from. And if you think saban could build and win natty in 3 years at LSU but couldn’t if he was coaching at Miami you are tripping bro. It’s like skip bayless when he hates on saban lol. Over 10 years you have pick out a game every 2 years where saban was out performed. Bama would never get blasted by A Iowa. Think about the players/teams/performances that have taken him out.

hickson had KSU backs performing better than they have been in years. his HC retired and the new coach brings their own guys which is generally how it goes. seider wasn't retained at UF either but every yearns for him here
Shhhhh. truth isn't allowed on these boards. Also Sieder was never coming here as his son just walked onto PSU. He will be there til he graduates.

Please for the love of god tell me you aren't judging a guy by his twitter. I have seen it all now. LOL

It’s one of the main tools for recruiting/communicating and he either doesn’t really use it or doesn’t know how to use it effectively. That’s the reality of today and a major red flag for a candidate for a position that needs to be a good recruiter.

Advertisement
Shhhhh. truth isn't allowed on these boards. Also Sieder was never coming here as his son just walked onto PSU. He will be there til he graduates.

yeah i know about seider but that was just to hammer home the point. dugans wasnt a bad coach at all and is valuable but he wasnt retained. t brown finds a new job within a week of losing this one. new staffs bring their own guys in

Remember when you thought Richt was gonna turn it around and compete for titles but the Herd tried to educate you

Yes, and thank you for making my point. Coach Richt was not fired, he resigned because he didn't want to further subject his family to the HERDS lies and rumors, along with knowing that no matter what he did the HERD would continue to make recruiting almost impossible due to their 24/7/365 hate.

As for being educated by the clueless HERD (you), I vividly remember them flying banners demanding Butch Davis be fired and whining that he was the worst coach ever. Like Coach Richt, at Coach Davis's wife's urging, Coach Davis left for the Cleveland Browns knowing, as his wife told him, it would be only a matter of time before the HERD turned against him again crying that he be fired.

Exactly. I am not going to be excited or belittle a coach I know nothing about. The people who don't have very complex thought processes might say Air force runs option but that is kinda beside the point. Does he coach his WR well? That is the question. Also what other jobs has he had? Has he coached the WR well there? If the offense doesn't WR much that is not on him that is on the OC . But if they perform well when called on it what matters. Again no way could I or anyone on here know this as it is not like we watch Airforce football. But I trust Diaz as every hire he has made has been a home run so far.

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

Yes, and thank you for making my point. Coach Richt was not fired, he resigned because he didn't want to further subject his family to the HERDS lies and rumors, along with knowing that no matter what he did the HERD would continue to make recruiting almost impossible due to their 24/7/365 hate.

As for being educated by the clueless HERD (you), I vividly remember them flying banners demanding Butch Davis be fired and whining that he was the worst coach ever. Like Coach Richt, at Coach Davis's wife's urging, Coach Davis left for the Cleveland Browns knowing, as his wife told him, it would be only a matter of time before the HERD turned against him again crying that he be fired.
Yea and Manny wanted to get away from Miami because of “the evil herd” and two weeks later he came back lmao

Advertisement
What?? Butch left for a boatload of money and the allure of being an NFL coach, and is on record as it being the biggest mistake of his life.

Please for the love of god tell me you aren't judging a guy by his twitter. I have seen it all now. LOL

That's actually a pretty decent starting point when wanting to judge a person's personality and how well it would play up to recruits. Of course that isn't the only measure, and as more inputs come in, you would factor them in.
But if you knew nothing else about a person, and gun to your head, there are certainly worse things you could go by. It's like James Franklin and the "hot wife" measure when judging whether somebody can recruit. You'd say, "Please tell me you aren't judging somebody's football recruiting ability by their wife's looks?," but Franklin does. And there's logic in it.

I'm sure Manny has his reasons but you'd think one of these position coach hires would go to a name we'd expect. I'll withhold criticism but we've basically filled a staff full of Central Michigan & La Lafayette guys. Feels underwhelming. I digress.

Not really commenting on this rumor but I have heard this is some form or fashion for last 15 years when it came to someone questioning the corches and their moves... That **** has irked me forever, lol...

You guys know more football than Coker, Shannon, Golden, Richt?! Like these guys are above mking mistakes and being called out on it. Its the last line of defense when you have no better rebuttal.
That's kind of what I was going for

Advertisement
On the Bama boards, the claim was that Enos wanted to hire his side of the ball. Saban's said no way. Might have been a condition of the hire

I'm sure Manny has his reasons but you'd think one of these position coach hires would go to a name we'd expect. I'll withhold criticism but we've basically filled a staff full of Central Michigan & La Lafayette guys. Underwhelming.

I dont' mind the RB Coach hire. A RB Coach should be a "recruiter" and he checks a lot of the boxes that makes a good recruiter in South Florida. Whether he is a good recruiter, I don't know yet. But I like the hire.

The OL coach I have no idea.

DC fits the X's and O's mold and has had success in some of the metrics that Diaz wants. How he is as a recruiter I'm not sure, but the Coordinators you want more teachers than recruiters at anyway.

WR Coach I don't actually believe this guy is it. This is a position you want to lean towards recruiting a little bit more, and this guy doesn't. I'm not going to actually believe we hired a guy without much of a coaching reputation and seems to not be a good enough recruiter for anybody to keep him on staff for more than a year.

So we're back to giving up & comers their shot?? We just survived that. There is no way there isn't a better option (pun intended).

I mean.. Our RB coach was unemployed. Not good enough to be retained by the new k-state staff. But Miami? Come on down.

WR coach goes from Air Force to Miami? What happened to all the people blowing up Manny's phone trying to get hired?

U guys realize Manny has hired one coach away from a p5 school? I'm not saying group of 5 coaches can't coach.. But come on.
That’s exactly what you inferring tho..you saying he’s not qualifyied to coach here. Which I have to ask then wtf is the qualifications to coach here. The guy played the game at this level at a very high level. I believe played some in the league(could be wrong) and is a young energetic coach. He’s coaches WRs at multiple stops

there’s a reason why p5 coach travel to some non p5 programs to learn new schemes and techniques. The Uptempo/spread u see today started at a lot of non p5 schools. Now ever blue blood program runs some version of it. A lot of these coaches don’t depend on getting the 5/4 star talent. Which means they HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO COACH UP MINIMAL TALENT.

Advertisement
Got fired at Utah because he didn’t land a single commitment in 2 years. Think they landed 1 or 2 WRs but they were recruited by other staff members.

Don’t care what he teaches on a technical standpoint. That can’t continue to happen at Miami.

I dont' mind the RB Coach hire. A RB Coach should be a "recruiter" and he checks a lot of the boxes that makes a good recruiter in South Florida. Whether he is a good recruiter, I don't know yet. But I like the hire.

The OL coach I have no idea.

DC fits the X's and O's mold and has had success in some of the metrics that Diaz wants. How he is as a recruiter I'm not sure, but the Coordinators you want more teachers than recruiters at anyway.

WR Coach I don't actually believe this guy is it. This is a position you want to lean towards recruiting a little bit more, and this guy doesn't. I'm not going to actually believe we hired a guy without much of a coaching reputation and seems to not be a good enough recruiter for anybody to keep him on staff for more than a year.

I agree with all of that. The star ***** in me just wanted one big name to poke my chest out over. As it is, we will just have to wait & see. My biggest fear of Manny is smartest guy in the room mentality. I'm just a battered wife. Lol

B4 bama he was at Michigan st (mediocre overall but good for that program and his 1st gig) then LSU who has 3 titles in history..2 of which he is directly responsible for. Then what he’s done at bama who was thought of as dead historical program like Norte dame was

Think about all the turnover as far as Nick Saban assistants. All the guys who left for new jobs. Most notable guys like McElwain, smart, and Muschamp. And yet Bama is still Bama. Don’t fool yourself into thinking Bama is going away after this Clemson game. He just dominated Clemson last years semifinals so idk where you got the bolded from. And if you think saban could build and win natty in 3 years at LSU but couldn’t if he was coaching at Miami you are tripping bro. It’s like skip bayless when he hates on saban lol. Over 10 years you have pick out a game every 2 years where saban was out performed. Bama would never get blasted by A Iowa. Think about the players/teams/performances that have taken him out.

I'm not calling Nick Saban " Mediocre, Alright or Lucky". But just because at the moment the tide is rolling people Think Hes The ALI of college Football. Everyone who gave me my first negative feedback ask yourself if another coach wouldn't do as good or better if given the opportunity. The Miami Heat used small ball with lebron and since young lebron needed Snipers like Ray Allen everyone thought small ball was rare and only could be done with a glue like lebron. Golden Came along and did it different Draymond is lesser than lebron but a glue guy he is. Saban fans "Might" be Victims of the moment. He hired Applewhite and didn't succeed the first year from being stubborn. There are alot of great coaches who know more than anyone on this forum and wouldn't come near saban. There are plenty of coaches who regret dealing with him. He deserves to be in the discussion for G.O.A.T but doesn't deserve to call is a done deal with such Big Let Downs With so much Talent. Even Paul Finebaum throws Jabs at the guy after being his biggest fan. I SIMPLY SAID OVERRATED! The people that feel saban is untouchable probably agree with lebron when he says winning a Championship in Cleveland made him the GOAT

Advertisement
Back