Official Fall PractiSe #14: Scrimmage 2

Advertisement
IDK if anyone else listened but there was a Twitter Space after the scrimmage. The guy who was running it was at the scrimmage. He talked about Flagg and how smart he is and how he is clearly the leader on defense. He can be heard on the sidelines yelling at guys making sure everyone is lined up , etc. Today he had to direct Agude to be in the right spots. He may not be the most athletic but what he is good at is just as important in other ways...

By whom? Could have been 3rd teamers. Were they clean or contested? Throw 50 balls and there are going to be a few. We had reports X dropped a few last scrimmage which was b.s.
I get that. This isn’t a report though, this came straight from Mario. Said we had chance at some explosive plays and had some big drops. WR just seems to be the position that keeps coming up as area of concern.

IDK if anyone else listened but there was a Twitter Space after the scrimmage. The guy who was running it was at the scrimmage. He talked about Flagg and how smart he is and how he is clearly the leader on defense. He can be heard on the sidelines yelling at guys making sure everyone is lined up , etc. Today he had to direct Agude to be in the right spots. He may not be the most athletic but what he is good at is just as important in other ways...
Soooooo

We know Flagg is not the fastest most athletic guy

Is it crazy to think he can contribute with better coaching and a better feel for a system?

One thing that certainly doesn’t help a limited speed LB is not being entirely sure where he’s supposed to be going

Advertisement
That’s nice. He def can be the leader off the field but what good is being smart if you don’t have the athleticism to make the play. Flagg has a place on the team for sure

I get that. This isn’t a report though, this came straight from Mario. Said we had chance at some explosive plays and had some big drops. WR just seems to be the position that keeps coming up as area of concern.
Yes, and this is a guy who is going to be dissatified unless we are executing at a near perfect level. Good for him. He isn't letting up on the throttle.

Advertisement
Soooooo

Is it crazy to think he can contribute with better coaching and a better feel for a system?

One thing that certainly doesn’t help a limited speed LB is not being entirely sure where he’s supposed to be going
Sounds like a coach: super smart knows where you have to be or what to read, but might not be physically talented enough to get there himself.

We will see if he can get there more often this year with a new scheme

Last edited:
Sounds like a future coach. But unfortunately he's a liability due to athletic limitations.

Advertisement
Soooooo

Or a system like Diaz's that leaves linebackers out to dry. Gap integrity was awful and offensive linemen were able to easily get to the second level.

We understand some of Flagg's athletic limitations but Charlie Strong ain't no fool when it comes to defense and linebackers.

These kids are being properly coached for the first time. So I think we need to keep an open mind.

Or a system like Diaz's that leaves linebackers out to dry. Gap integrity was awful and offensive linemen were able to easily get to the second level.

We understand some of Flagg's athletic limitations but Charlie Strong ain't no fool when it comes to defense and linebackers.

These kids are being properly coached for the first time. So I think we need to keep an open mind.
Yeah I mean not to get ahead of myself and blame Flaggs play on Manny…but a good coach is supposed to put their players in the best position to succeed

I think we saw a lot of the opposite the last few years

Either way, good to hear about Flagg no matter what happens

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back