Official Fall PractiSe #14: Scrimmage 2

Even Shaq in Manny's scheme looked lost at times especially in coverages. These kids were coached by Diaz and Patke. Now it's Steele and Strong. Those two have forgotten more than Diaz and Patke know.
Every single player gets the benefit of the doubt from me to start the year. We had the worst coaching in the **** country at certain spots last year.

Advertisement
Say what??

You saying another poster can't have an opinion without seeing what things look like until the games are played.

It's no big deal, seems like you just didn't like what he has to say and went that route. If we're just going to wait and see, might as well shut the board down as it's largely conjecture about feelings.

U Wouldn’t Understand said:
Yes, that’s why I posted. You have no idea what either unit will look like. Let the kids practice and perform on the field against a quality opponent in a live game.

Or a system like Diaz's that leaves linebackers out to dry. Gap integrity was awful and offensive linemen were able to easily get to the second level.

We understand some of Flagg's athletic limitations but Charlie Strong ain't no fool when it comes to defense and linebackers.

These kids are being properly coached for the first time. So I think we need to keep an open mind.
I’ve said it plenty of times. Diaz system & coaching did no favors for the linebackers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
From Gaby & Lake:

I'm told walk-on running back Devon Perry ran the ball really well today from a couple of different sources now

Told Jacolby George was "solid" and Xavier Restrepo had a couple of big catches. Michael Redding another name thrown my way. I also think the staff was pleased with how the offensive line played today.

When practices are soft you get surprised every week and make the opposition look better than they are; every QB and RB we faced looked all-world. Our players weren't coached well, and our current staff either coached with Saban (including OC & DC) or beat Alabama recently. Mario's Ducks played physical and they beat OSU on the road with an inferior staff compared to what we have now.

So I expect a higher and more consistent level of play this season, where we handle teams we're supposed to beat and compete with the ones we're not. Add TVD with a deep DL and my expectations for this season are very high.

Advertisement
You saying another poster can't have an opinion without seeing what things look like until the games are played.

It's no big deal, seems like you just didn't like what he has to say and went that route. If we're just going to wait and see, might as well shut the board down as it's largely conjecture about feelings.

U Wouldn’t Understand said:
Yes, that’s why I posted. You have no idea what either unit will look like. Let the kids practice and perform on the field against a quality opponent in a live game.
I skipped to the last page after reading the first and we’re still talking about this lmao

Advertisement
Mario has put camp info in a lock box. The only thing I learned from his interview with DBJ was the DL situational awareness is improving and our WRs are dropping balls. At least he sounds positive overall.
Without the actual stats of overall receptions and passing from the qb's we have no clue if the drops are as bad as we've been led to believe or if it's too many drops in key situations ? Just too much information we're lacking.

Advertisement
Back