Fall Camp Early Portion Summary - 8/9

Advertisement
I love how some of the keyboard hall of famers here trash our players. You want to know what you would look like out there, watch Hartley in those clips. Bunch of geeks.

Actually I never trash our players but if I see guys are busting assignments and missing tackles repeatedly I can comment as a fan.

Man Gurvan has that Striker position written all over him. He'll be about 215 - 220 before it's all said and done, and I'm sure the coaches have worked him in that role for a few plays, here and there!

People seem to pick and choose what info they want to derive from these soundbite-esque updates. For example no one is mentioning Hightower working with the 2's and the board favorite Mark Pope not getting any mention.

BTW- Since we're overemphasizing minutia here, I want to add mine. :drunk: I really liked the body control on that catch from Will Mallory. It was a subpar pass for a guy his size but I liked the way he was able to square his body up for the catch.

Advertisement
Stop it man, it's a team game, the COACHES chose to put those guys out there. Finger pointers like you can ruin a team.

Understood the coaches chose to put them in the also chose to create a new position that is meant to "increase competition" at his position and moved the other guy down the depth chart in favor of underclassmen who may be the better option on a consistent basis.

Man Gurvan has that Striker position written all over him. He'll be about 215 - 220 before it's all said and done, and I'm sure the coaches have worked him in that role for a few plays, here and there!
Good idea. Take a future AA Safety and try to make him play a limited package type of position.

Advertisement
If he's a future AA safety, then he's playing all 3 of those roles, but they way he strikes, he needs to be in that box quite a bit too.
Would rather have his range on the back end, he’s just a very gifted player

Will say I dont envision Polendey starting but he has improved since he’s got to Miami it seems. Made some plays in the spring game and looks a bit better in the fall in some of the clips I’ve seen. Hope he can provide something for us in terms of blocking

Advertisement
Will say I dont envision Polendey starting but he has improved since he’s got to Miami it seems. Made some plays in the spring game and looks a bit better in the fall in some of the clips I’ve seen. Hope he can provide something for us in terms of blocking

He might start for the LSU game. Coaches could very well play the guy that is the best blocking TE. Not sure I want my QB getting killed game 1 cause a freshman missed an assignment.

Advertisement
Mallory has great hands. I dont know if that has to do with hand-size or just practicing but man does he make catching the ball look easy.

Somebody told yall about Knowles wasnt Miami material coming out of high school 4 years ago:muscat:

Mallory has great hands. I dont know if that has to do with hand-size or just practicing but man does he make catching the ball look easy.
He’s a gifted tight end which is why it was hilarious that 247 had him as a 3 star 88 rating in their rankings. He and Brevin Jordan were the 2 most gifted pass receiving tight ends in the country last class and we got both of them

Advertisement
Back