Fall Camp Early Portion Summary - 8/9

View as article
He might start for the LSU game. Coaches could very well play the guy that is the best blocking TE. Not sure I want my QB getting killed game 1 cause a freshman missed an assignment.
Y'all kill me with, "a freshman missing assignment" stuff...seniors&juniors miss assignments as well. Scary *** **** gone hold us back bc they're freshmen. News Flash : Freshmen step up in big moments and shine to when the odds are against them

Advertisement
Although I'm partially to blame for opening the floodgates for the Knowles bashing, I must say I am not a fan of the ruthless bashing. I was merely relieved and very happy to read that Amari and Hall are now ahead of him, for reasons too obvious to discuss. If you're a 'Cane, you're part of the family. Period.

Advertisement
When we took Polendy, it was because we needed a blocking TE... Kid may still start if the freshmen TE'a can't handle it in the trenches. So much for the New England type double TE looks (never though it would happen this year anyways)...

If he starts at Miami, he will already have surprised me, but I hear you, I should give him a chance

Advertisement
Although I'm partially to blame for opening the floodgates for the Knowles bashing, I must say I am not a fan of the ruthless bashing. I was merely relieved and very happy to read that Amari and Hall are now ahead of him, for reasons too obvious to discuss. If you're a 'Cane, you're part of the family. Period.
At least you admitted it. Dude was hard to watch last year especially against FSU at key moments. I just think he may transfer if he gets buried on the depth chart but hopefully he sticks around for this year then he could do whatever he wants next year.

Mark Richt on #Canes QB Cade Weldon: “He’s beginning to look more like a mature guy who understands what it takes to prepare and do the things he has to do. And he’s been very accurate. Today he had a couple hiccups, but overall he’s really had a good camp”
The dark horse ready to make his move?

Advertisement
Disappointed Williams is at #4. Guess he’s throwing to the water boy again.

Polendey may not he greatest and most athletic receiver does has size in his corner plus a year of practicing with the team. at 6-6/247. Also has that year in the S&C that really helps. The blocker against LSU for many running plays and the other two for the pass catching routes.Those two follow up games will no doubt see a lot of the other two in there for game experience.

Advertisement
Man Gurvan has that Striker position written all over him. He'll be about 215 - 220 before it's all said and done, and I'm sure the coaches have worked him in that role for a few plays, here and there!

Ugh no, he’s a pure safety that does everything well.

Polendey may not he greatest and most athletic receiver does has size in his corner plus a year of practicing with the team. at 6-6/247. Also has that year in the S&C that really helps. The blocker against LSU for many running plays and the other two for the pass catching routes.Those two follow up games will no doubt see a lot of the other two in there for game experience.

He’ll be better with the power run game blocking than Irvin , which isn’t saying a lot.

Miami is spoiled by our TE success. Polendey is probably every other CFB teams' average starting TE. I didn't see anything from Irvin to make me think we really downgraded much by needing to depend on Polendey much. With that said, everyone has gotta give the freshman TE some time. They will take over the majority of meaningful snaps this season.

Advertisement
Back