Fall Camp Early Portion Summary - 8/9

View as article
He may take bad angles/make bad reads, but when Zach gets to the ball carrier NO ONE on the team hits harder.

Maybe so but tackling is about way more than hitting hard. when Akers busted that long run in the 4th guess who he bounced off of

Advertisement
By himself?

- True freshman, Blackmon, completing 60% of his passes for 2 TD’s in his 3rd start and the only time he threw over 60% when throwing 25+ passes had nothing to do with it?
- FSU rushing for 203 (Akers, 123)
- Miami rushing for 2.9/carry
- FSU: more yards, time of possession, etc.

Outside of the actual “W”, the whole team on both sides of the ball almost cost Miami that game. The irony? Two of the most maligned players, who many fans/posters lamented shouldn’t even be at Miami, Rosier and Langham, won that game.

Let’s ease up on writing off guys who are working hard to get better.

Both Touchdowns was completed on him first one to the tight end second one on his busted coverage

Besides the obvious regarding Knowles' limitations, tells me coaches want to ensure Gurvan Hall gets enough tests and teachable moments on film during the scrimmage (in a couple days). Like I've said all over this board since he signed, it may take a moment at the beginning of the season, but Hall can really change the dynamic of our coverage packages if he works his way into the top 3 Safeties by mid to late season. The biggest thing would be if Redwine were to go out for a few plays (or more) like last year, we don't have to stand there praying.

Will Mallory is so much smoother than brevin and polendey. I would guess by the end of the year he will be our #1 TE. And im not knocking Brevin (he is a stud). But Will looks way more polished on route running (small sample size) and definitely catching the ball. Run blocking will be the determining factor for Mallory. If he can hold up there he will be our top guy.
From what I've seen and heard, they'll just be played differently. Expect Mallory split out the vast majority of the time. When we go fast on offense (please more snaps), he might come in or be used in motion, but I think the coaches are well-aware this is a 6' 5" route runner who forces matchups when tossed into the slot.

Advertisement
polendey might surprise you
Not to be a pessimist but uh no... he's physical which is great & an amazing kid. But it's paper machete that hes even a possibility as a starter. All you gotta know is watch this one simple drill they just ran. Watch how he catches the ball. Whay he did wil lead to beat case scenario a drop everyday time in live action,worst case scenario he pops the ball in the air & its an easy snag for a linebacker. Gotta work on his hands.

Akers bounced off our ENTIRE D that day, no need to blame it on Zach

Mccloud.PNG

No Mccloud had a clear kill shot on Akers as he was stumbling because joe jackson dove to trip him a little and didn't get him to the ground

Advertisement
I won’t/can’t argue with that, but the entire defense was horrible that day, and the offense was worse.

FSU was the worst played game of the year.

have to disagree they played the majority of the game on the field especially in the first half and yielded only 3 points in the first half. the two touchdowns that FSU did score was on Knowels late in the game

Advertisement
Mallory is a bad man and a few of us were saying since the spring that he should play receiver rather than redshirt (as many initially thought he would). However, to me, Jordan has looked better in the clips that I’ve seen. Better footwork and smoother. THIS IS NOT A KNOCK ON MALLORY, it’s an acknowledgement why Jordan was rated the best TE in America.

Mallory doesn’t need any extra hype; he’s the real deal.
Both are elite talents, and are Miami Hurricanes. It’s going to be a hard time for any defense to cover our weapons

Advertisement
I love how some of the keyboard hall of famers here trash our players. You want to know what you would look like out there, watch Hartley in those clips. Bunch of geeks.

3 points? To that offense? FSU’s defense still had a little heart back then but their offense was atrocious. C’mon, I know you just don’t like Knowles but you gotta admit how horrible Miami looked, especially in the first half.

I thought we looked terrible on Offense in the first half and did what we had to do on Defense to stay in the game only giving up 3 points dealing with the field position the defense had we had all first half what more can you ask. And I'm pointing out the big plays that should not have happened majority of them in this game came off of the same two culprits

By himself?

- True freshman, Blackmon, completing 60% of his passes for 2 TD’s in his 3rd start and the only time he threw over 60% when throwing 25+ passes had nothing to do with it?
- FSU rushing for 203 (Akers, 123)
- Miami rushing for 2.9/carry
- FSU: more yards, time of possession, etc.

Outside of the actual “W”, the whole team on both sides of the ball almost cost Miami that game. The irony? Two of the most maligned players, who many fans/posters lamented shouldn’t even be at Miami, Rosier and Langham, won that game.

Let’s ease up on writing off guys who are working hard to get better.

The kid has contributed on special teams. Just amazing how some just trash our kids.

I thought we looked terrible on Offense in the first half and did what we had to do on Defense to stay in the game only giving up 3 points dealing with the field position the defense had we had all first half what more can you ask. And I'm pointing out the big plays that should not have happened majority of them in this game came off of the same two culprits

Stop it man, it's a team game, the COACHES chose to put those guys out there. Finger pointers like you can ruin a team.

Advertisement
Back