Fall Camp Early Portion Summary - 8/9

View as article
Miami is spoiled by our TE success. Polendey is probably every other CFB teams' average starting TE. I didn't see anything from Irvin to make me think we really downgraded much by needing to depend on Polendey much. With that said, everyone has gotta give the freshman TE some time. They will take over the majority of meaningful snaps this season.
True, with all those former guys ending up in the NFL and many top end draft picks.

Advertisement
Me too, I'm all in on #15 being the future and a NC winning QB
If he is the most talented he will rise up the depth chart. You don’t disrespect those who were there based on projection. He is a Freshman he needs to earn his playing time. I am confident he will be able to do so soon....

Amari Carter is just an athletic, violent football player.

Our fans like to compare everyone to the old school Canes but Carter actually is one.

Can’t wait to watch him this year.

Sean Taylor wants to remind you that you can do a lot of striking from the Safety position.

They also had Sean in the box and at Corner covering WR like Larry Fitzegerald,. He's not going to see time over Jaquan, but I guarantee Jaquan will play ever safety position , including the striker this year. We'll see, but Sean T was every where on the field, and not just deep all the time, we can both agree to that! I think you need to get that kid on the field any way possible.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How do we know this until he lines us vs. LSU?

Polendy game translates better as a blocker first. Brevin and Mallory are better route runners and catch the ball with ease. There more likely to chip at the line and release not saying they won't become good blockers

Actually I never trash our players but if I see guys are busting assignments and missing tackles repeatedly I can comment as a fan.

I'm all good with that, that's valid football discussion. It's those other comments I'm talking about where its just to put the player down. There is most certainly a difference and it's the usual people doing it.

My guess is that 90 percent of this board doesn't know the assignments or how the play was designed and that's evident when they start pointing fingers at guys in their silly breakdowns.

I won’t/can’t argue with that, but the entire defense was horrible that day, and the offense was worse.

FSU was the worst played game of the year.

No. You must be blind, I'm not sure what else to say.

Our defense played great outside of a couple of big runs, neither which scored. Without Knowles 2 unforgiveable screwups, FSU scores a max of 9 points.

I like how you listed Blackman's #s as impressive, when they were terrible if you take away the 2 TDs on Knowles

Advertisement
I think Knowles will make a few plays on specials this year. Kids got tools, just not a good safety.

What tools?

He runs a 4.8 40 and couldn't even squat 185 when he showed up here.

He's an absolutely horrible athlete. But there are posters that think because he's from South Florida he authomatically must be a player

Not to be a pessimist but uh no... he's physical which is great & an amazing kid. But it's paper machete that hes even a possibility as a starter. All you gotta know is watch this one simple drill they just ran. Watch how he catches the ball. Whay he did wil lead to beat case scenario a drop everyday time in live action,worst case scenario he pops the ball in the air & its an easy snag for a linebacker. Gotta work on his hands.
You can tell he's not a natural pass catcher. Bobbling that easy throw

Advertisement
What tools?

He runs a 4.8 40 and couldn't even squat 185 when he showed up here.

He's an absolutely horrible athlete. But there are posters that think because he's from South Florida he authomatically must be a player

Did you watch the games last year? If you did, you’d know he actually played well on kick coverage. But let’s continue to bash our own players.

Jahair Jones cited Tito as the toughest defensive lineman to go against.

Coaches seem to really like how Jones is ending his career here. Even if Boulware takes a spot, I think Jones gets the nod over Mahoney. ... Note how he said the best guy he went against this past week was Odenigbo. Bethel and Ford are not getting the nod by default. There is an epic battle brewing at DT. Ford is the ideal pairing with Willis body-wise. But I can see Odenigbo ending up stating opposite Willis, with Pat behind Willis and Ford behind Tito. It's his money year.

Advertisement
Back