Face the music dmoney

Advertisement
I'll tell you what it is.

No disrespect, but these sites are basically the programs hype men. The info they get, it's controlled and generally positive. It's all part of building excitement for the season.

First and foremost though, D is a fan. He wants to believe and buys in a lot. That doesn't mean he can't be objective, but he's a happy positive dude. That's also a lot of you and yearly, you unknowingly believe this is going to be the year it all changes.

So while it seems like a lot are going in, it's misplaced anger. They're angry they fell for it all again.

This isn't unique to CIS. It happens every year at every program. There's a reason I very rarely pay attention to spring or fall practice reports. There's a reason I hardly ever watch interviews. It's all the same thing, just a different year and face. I'm a wait and see how it goes on the field kind of person and I'm not mad at anyone for their predictions or evaluations leading up to or during the season. I'll form my own opinion.
200w-1.gif

And one thing on the practice reports: you aren’t going to find any report predicting a 10-win season or telling people to bet the over on the win total. That said, a six or seven win season would be below expectations.

Anything in August is going to have an optimistic tone because I focus on the positive and the team is playing against itself. The main topics of those pods/posts were the improvement of the OL and LB, Fletcher and Allen emerging as the top backs and the separation of the Top 3 receivers.

Some things the reports got wrong/didn’t anticipate: Devante Brown dropping from CB1 in camp to out of the rotation, Tyler Harrell having a role, and, of course, the total collapse of TVD.

Here is the last camp report to compare:

And one thing on the practice reports: you aren’t going to find any report predicting a 10-win season or telling people to bet the over on the win total. That said, a six or seven win season would be below expectations.

Anything in August is going to have an optimistic tone because I focus on the positive and the team is playing against itself. The main topics of those pods/posts were the improvement of the OL and LB, Fletcher and Allen emerging as the top backs and the separation of the Top 3 receivers.

Some things the reports got wrong/didn’t anticipate: Devante Brown dropping from CB1 in camp to out of the rotation, Tyler Harrell having a role, and, of course, the total collapse of TVD.

D, we love you and appreciate everything you bring to the site. Based on the reports from the Joe Rose show this morning, it sounds like Mario did not name a starting QB for this week. Have you heard anything about how Mario expects to fix things over the next 3 weeks? Going 2-1 over the next 3 even seems like it's going to be difficult if TVD is still the starting QB.

Advertisement
D, we love you and appreciate everything you bring to the site. Based on the reports from the Joe Rose show this morning, it sounds like Mario did not name a starting QB for this week. Have you heard anything about how Mario expects to fix things over the next 3 weeks? Going 2-1 over the next 3 even seems like it's going to be difficult if TVD is still the starting QB.
i believe he laready settled that post game after NCSU.

Advertisement
I haven’t talked to anybody at Miami since the game (I like to give them some time to cool off).

My opinion- we should turn over to Emory. The team lacks faith in TVD right now. While I think we will give him more leash than the first half against Clemson, the focus will be on complementary football and avoiding turnovers.

Personally, I would like to see us incorporate Jacurri now that his redshirt is safe. He brings an explosive element with his legs and arm (due to box stacking), and he presents a major problem in short-yardage behind our OL. Emory is a high completion percentage guy that will get us in a lot of short-yardage situations. The negative is that it may hurt Emory’s rhythm, but I think the pros outweigh the cons.

Advertisement

Not your fault money. They should know you focus on the good things. If they take that and think elite then it’s not on you fam it’s on them. Fans been here long enough to know how you report news. You aren’t responsible for them believing good news means great season. I’m sure if you go to a lesser programs forums it’s the same sh.

Advertisement
I wasn’t saying you’re wrong. Your premise is 100% correct. My point is, this time is different. It’s worse. Much worse.
And, I do not disagree with you either - this has been some terrible value for this hire through two years. However, I'm just no longer getting hurt or emotionally invested. Looking at this program on a macro level on a day-to-day basis is too much of an emotional and time (and used to be a financial) investment that I ceased to give this program when they hired Manny Diaz and I would like to implore the adults that follow this program to do the same. Just disconnect. **** this ****.

I know the fantasy is that some messianic head coach will come to this program and make it all better and save us, as it has been stated in the prophecy after the death of Butch da Gawd...I used to think the same thing...I just don't anymore. Our entire operation is risk averse and we really only won historically when we were risk-tolerant. Even with this new found financial investment the program made, they were risk averse with it and as a result, there was no chance we were turning this around overnight.

I've seen some tangible improvement this year - OL is good, defense can be nasty af, receivers are solid. But obviously, still lots of holes, including whats between our head coach's ears and in our QBs chest (both of which negate whatever improvements we HAVE seen). But maybe we get better? First two years of Norvell at FSU stunk (worse than our first two years, IMO), but he stuck with his process, kept hitting the portal, kept recruiting...saw a big jump in Year 3 and now firmly in the playoff picture in Year 4. Maybe that can be us. Maybe not. Maybe @Rellyrell 's comparison to the first two years of Randy Shannon is apt. Cristobal seems very Sam Pittman-y to me right now. But, I just care far less for the macro referendums on a weekly basis. Our offense got its *** kicked versus a superior defensive unit that had the best player on the field...on to the FSU game, I guess.

Last edited:

I realize this is slightly off-topic, but what happened there? I'm not questioning that the right DBs are playing, just curious how we went from hearing that he was the top CB and performing well to he only gets on the field if someone is injured. Apologies if the reasoning has been discussed previously.

I get the frustration. Lord knows I feel it too.

That said, if you’re coming after D$ your frustration is misplaced.

Show me a Miami person who has had better information and allows for nuance more than D$.

I stand with Danny.
Seriously…..why would anyone be mad at him? Lol. He’s just reporting news.

Imagine this program being in the state it is and STILL allowing your kid to go to a birthday party. Da fugg kinda example is that to set? Probably let the kid eat cake too. Unbelievable.

Advertisement
Back