Face the music dmoney

You know what it is? People get so mad that they take it out on the guys they remember being positive about anything. I don't get it

I'll tell you what it is.

No disrespect, but these sites are basically the programs hype men. The info they get, it's controlled and generally positive. It's all part of building excitement for the season.

First and foremost though, D is a fan. He wants to believe and buys in a lot. That doesn't mean he can't be objective, but he's a happy positive dude. That's also a lot of you and yearly, you unknowingly believe this is going to be the year it all changes.

So while it seems like a lot are going in, it's misplaced anger. They're angry they fell for it all again.

This isn't unique to CIS. It happens every year at every program. There's a reason I very rarely pay attention to spring or fall practice reports. There's a reason I hardly ever watch interviews. It's all the same thing, just a different year and face. I'm a wait and see how it goes on the field kind of person and I'm not mad at anyone for their predictions or evaluations leading up to or during the season. I'll form my own opinion.

Advertisement
At a birthday party with my son.

I am sorry to hear that you no longer have any faith or interest in the program. Thank you for the Sunday afternoon post and continued support of the site.
Properly motivated, D-Money's Son could provide a third article title:

The Bank

The ATM

The Picked on Kid's Lunch Money

Advertisement
Its wild that a game with two teams with no quarterback but top 20 run defenses with expected results when one of them has a QB with four turnovers would get you ****ed up like this. Y'all just in total melt. Miami is still just a midcard ACC act on the hamster wheel. Miami, Clemson, and NC State had a little round robin midseason tournament the last few weeks and the standings were NC State 2-0, Miami 1-1, and Clemson 0-2. All of that tracks. I thought we'd be a little higher, but its whatever. Hope we can find a quarterback because our head coach has a nasty track record with that position since he got about 75 cents on the dollar our of Justin Herbert.

It was a pretty important game, and we came out and couldn't move the football or finish off drives. The latter is a tradition at Miami, and couple it with our QB having four turnovers...its an L pretty much every time. But jesus ******* christ, enough of the weekly referendums on the program.

We've been so bad for 20 years, I figure you all would be used to this by now.

This wasn't Georgia Tech where we were a national embarrassment. This was just an offense that got its *** kicked...just like we kicked Clemson's ***. Ours was just handed to us this week. Hard times.
This isn’t the last 20 years. This is a brand new start for the program. Real money was invested. There’s no excuse to get the same results anymore.

Advertisement
Its smart of d money to pump up the team to get clicks. Its not his fault.

its the morons around here that fall for it every ******* year! Ill save yall some time. Mario will be here 5 more years. We arent going to be great in those 5 years. Live with it!!!!

It was another bad hire. A hire that doesn't bring an offensive or defensive advantage. Some of us said it from the beginning.
But Mario knows OL…😎

Advertisement
Honestly their probably just as ****ed as all of us and trying to get through the emotions and have a sober up moment in a few days…

GT was a kick in the nuts… this game feels like we stood up after the pain passed and got hit again.

Advertisement
He doesn't need to do ****, he's just an optimistic fan. It's on you if you take what he, or any other "insider", says as gospel. Ultimately, these guys are just fans like the rest of us. They happen to have some connections with the program, they have more access, and may know more about the ins and outs of the program. It doesn't mean that their words regarding talent or what happens on the field hold more water than the average fan. They're not coaches or professional talent evaluators. What they post is just opinions. It's up to you to read it with a critical eye

DMoney made determinations based on the best information and state of existence at that point in time - and every second that goes by is another point in time with information constantly changing and a state of existence that likewise changes.

DMoney didn't decide to forget that we had an OC who could call passing plays as well as running plays - and even made our Freshman QB's passing ability look pretty good when we HAD to get a completion due to the running game getting shut down.

DMoney didn't foresee Mario choking down the offense - no one saw that coming.

We all see it now, though.

Recall many here didn't want Mario to be hired - his track record was fair - but not great. Utah beat his team - TWICE in the same year. Badly. But we'd already hired him. The main complaint was he wanted to run the ball, and his team even at UM would be a bad fit.

Sure enough, he wanted to run. Like Old Alabama - due to his gig there. Wanted to be an SEC oriented team.

Well, that idea sucked then, and it sucks now.

DMoney didn't anticipate Mario would do the same, stupid **** that Jimbo has been doing - directing and choking his OC.

I'm getting close to not giving a dammm - one dumba** HC after another.

But I don't expect DMoney to verbalize that - as after such a statement - he'd be as welcome around UM football as a dose of the clap.

I never want to see another UM alumni as a HC at Miami. Nor a Paterno disciple. We've had more busts than Rome had Caesars.

Need some smart young coaches - not one so stubborn with zero game day intuition.

But I think DMoney is like a lot of us - what in the wild, wild, world of sports is going on?

Advertisement
Back