Face the music dmoney

Advertisement
I haven’t talked to anybody at Miami since the game (I like to give them some time to cool off).

My opinion- we should turn over to Emory. The team lacks faith in TVD right now. While I think we will give him more leash than the first half against Clemson, the focus will be on complementary football and avoiding turnovers.

Personally, I would like to see us incorporate Jacurri now that his redshirt is safe. He brings an explosive element with his legs and arm (due to box stacking), and he presents a major problem in short-yardage behind our OL. Emory is a high completion percentage guy that will get us in a lot of short-yardage situations. The negative is that it may hurt Emory’s rhythm, but I think the pros outweigh the cons.
D, I wonder if you ever bounce off any ideas with your sources at UM. If they appreciate a fresh perspective. Namely, folding the program.

nah I think D has been fair with his criticism or praise tbh. hes gone in on the staff and team when he felt needed. yesterday felt like the beginning of the end tbh. if the gators gotta fire Napier, then what does that mean for us w Mario? were no better than they are
5 years and multiple millions. I think we are stuck with this dummy. FIU Coach. Just f—-—— great!!!!

What Im trying to figure out still is what they **** happened during that bye week?

Listen at this point its time to move on from TVD and encourage him to seek a transfer.... we have 4 total games left so lets see what we have with Emory and Jaccuri.

We know we are going to the portal as well... but this will make it more evident if the 2 above dont do well.

Team is vastly improved this season yet its 1 position holding us back

Advertisement
The practice reports are fine. I think DMoney is fair with them and I have no problem incorporating a little optimism. That's natural at the beginning of each season and frankly we need some hope each year for our sanity. DMoney's big miss was going all in on Mario and wanting him over Kiffin.

The practice reports are fine. I think DMoney is fair with them and I have no problem incorporating a little optimism. That's natural at the beginning of each season and frankly we need some hope each year for our sanity. DMoney's big miss was going all in on Mario and wanting him over Kiffin.
I liked Kiffin, too. He definitely would have been better in the short term. My concern was the widespread rumors of substance abuse and the lack of interest in recruiting (per other coaches quoted by Bruce Feldman). Felt like a Dennis Erickson type hire- would be great with good players but potentially corrosive in the long term.

He is recruiting better than I thought, though. The Portal has helped him as well.

What about the HC? With all his flaws, essentially every position has been upgraded and has been doing their job except the QB. I’m not going to blame Mario for TVD playing like **** but I will blame him for continuing to play him.
Never said the Dummy could not recruit just all of the football decision. That about says it.

Advertisement
And, I do not disagree with you either - this has been some terrible value for this hire through two years. However, I'm just no longer getting hurt or emotionally invested. Looking at this program on a macro level on a day-to-day basis is too much of an emotional and time (and used to be a financial) investment that I ceased to give this program when they hired Manny Diaz and I would like to implore the adults that follow this program to do the same. Just disconnect. **** this ****.

I know the fantasy is that some messianic head coach will come to this program and make it all better and save us, as it has been stated in the prophecy after the death of Butch da Gawd...I used to think the same thing...I just don't anymore. Our entire operation is risk averse and we really only won historically when we were risk-tolerant. Even with this new found financial investment the program made, they were risk averse with it and as a result, there was no chance we were turning this around overnight.

I've seen some tangible improvement this year - OL is good, defense can be nasty af, receivers are solid. But obviously, still lots of holes, including whats between our head coach's ears and in our QBs chest (both of which negate whatever improvements we HAVE seen). But maybe we get better? First two years of Norvell at FSU stunk (worse than our first two years, IMO), but he stuck with his process, kept hitting the portal, kept recruiting...saw a big jump in Year 3 and now firmly in the playoff picture in Year 4. Maybe that can be us. Maybe not. Maybe @Rellyrell 's comparison to the first two years of Randy Shannon is apt. Cristobal seems very Sam Pittman-y to me right now. But, I just care far less for the macro referendums on a weekly basis. Our offense got its *** kicked versus a superior defensive unit that had the best player on the field...on to the FSU game, I guess.
You raise a ton of good points and generally it doesn’t get to me unless I’m at the game like this past weekend and at Carolina too. Would just be nice if the majority of people would see the obvious and not white knight for the clowns that run this program until it’s too late.

What about the HC? With all his flaws, essentially every position has been upgraded and has been doing their job except the QB. I’m not going to blame Mario for TVD playing like **** but I will blame him for continuing to play him.
Yeah, Joe said it after the interview this a.m. Barring this being a 50mil QB, in the NFL any other QB with 11int’s is benched. WTF, I said after the Tech game to play Emory get him up to speed for FSU. So now it’s, TVD is our best chance to win. Duh,.. win what? Imagine if he played against Clemson. Play the Kid. Ride that mfer till the end. See what he’s made of. *** it can’t lose worse than we have. Our D is playing their asses off, give them some hope, don’t play the Dope.🙌🏽

LOL at anyone hating on D$.

I pretend after every stupid loss that I don't care, yet here on another Monday morning procrastinating work and reading this garbage, as always....

Mario was a bad hire. (Lane Train - choo choo).
Mario is meddling with Dawson - shocked and appalled!
Gattis still sucked.
TVD is irrevocably broken...again.

I called this a 6-6 / 7-5 year since December of last and called TVD being injured to a broken point yet again - though he made it 3 more games than I thought he would.

As mopey as I am, I still see:
- A huge improvement on defense, huge - dbs notwithstanding.
- OL? holy ****balls yass
- RBs - yes-ish - yes.
- WRs - gonna go ahead with a yes

- Willingness to fight?! Shockingly - YES. - still TBD, but we haven't been completely boatraced by anyone like we were last year at this point.

-We played UP to our two toughest opponents so far - ATM & Clemson - before the wheels completely started to fall off.

-Gonna go ahead and do the thing and admit that our foes in the ACC have also played decent football against us and gasp - against other teams too.

- WE ARE ACC mids - same as it ever was...Other teams in the ACC have invested and made moves as much as we have with similar results spread across in various degrees...Just be honest about this. There's a reason the ACC Coastal Chaos transference is still a meme across CFB this year.

- ACC teams across the board have played decent in OOC games vs. P5 - 8-7; 4-2 vs. SEC and 4-3 vs. B10
- - ACC vs. P5 2023

We are what we are and I have mid-hopes on slim odds that Mario will make something of this program, because I HAVE to.

Croots are not gonna wanna play for the dumb-dumb caveman if we can't produce....and we can't seem to produce.

QBs prolly don't wanna play here - Mario's rep as a qb killer seems pretty damned solid rn, even if it's not his fault he inherited TVD and his previous stop kept others away - it's just a perception as reality creation loop now...

I see a long term slog and D$ doin D$ things - and I am STILL grateful that I have this stupid place to vent and learn from the good heads on.

**** em, @DMoney - Carry on.

Yeah, Joe said it after the interview this a.m. Barring this being a 50mil QB, in the NFL any other QB with 11int’s is benched. WTF, I said after the Tech game to play Emory get him up to speed for FSU. So now it’s, TVD is our best chance to win. Duh,.. win what? Imagine if he played against Clemson. Play the Kid. Ride that mfer till the end. See what he’s made of. *** it can’t lose worse than we have. Our D is playing their asses off, give them some hope, don’t play the Dope.🙌🏽
On top of that.. I legit think TVD doesn’t care anymore or never has. I watched Caleb William cry is eyes out when he lost Saturday. He already got the accolades, NIL money, going to be a top 5 pick and his not team is playing for CFP spot but he still want to win. I don't see that with TVD at all.

Advertisement
I think everybody is shook at how bad these first two seasons have gone. I could never imagined things would look this bad personally.
I had faith in Mario to be a 10-win coach and I was wrong. I was worried when he hired Steele, Strong, Feld, etc.
Steele needs ELITE talent like Bama and Auburn; and Feld sucks.

Gattis I was questioning because Locksley and Moore had been given the credit in most coaching circles for the offenses Gattis always tried to claim. He had that Enos stink on him of "but what is HIS offense going to look like" and we found out re both.

Dawson was clearly a desperation hire. Guidry was a nice steal from Tulane. He has issues but he's not Dawson-Gattis-Enos bad.

We all knew Mario would recruit well because he always has. Acquisition was never a worry outside of at the QB spot.

Development and Deployment were the worries and you need great teachers and great S&C for that.
As well as a willingness to adapt to the talent you have and the league you play in.

Mario's rep in coaching is: scream, yell, hire 'yes' men, work dumb not smart, treat everyone like chit, and blow it in close games. He'll struggle to find AC's after these two seasons and he'll struggle to find a QB. You win with QB's and defense. You lose with penalties, turnovers, and bad kicking mistakes

You know what it is? People get so mad that they take it out on the guys they remember being positive about anything. I don't get it
Positive critics of movies, songs, books get drastically lower "intelligence" ratings from readers than negative critics of the same book, movie etc and when you only change a couple of words and leave 90% of the review the same. We don't trust positive people, we think they're too stupid to be trustworthy. We trust the negative because they have the guts to hate. Just human nature.

I can’t even blame Danny for the hype.

Objectively speaking, with how good A&Ms defense is, and how much adversity we faced in that game, overcame it and dominated it. Add in how good our OL is at dominating the run game late in games as well. I thought this team showed very positive signs of being a really tough and skilled team.

We wasted our best OL in 20 years because the QB legit vanished and no one in the organization has the IQ to adapt fast and make changes. After Clemson, and after the 1st half against UVA, the clear choice should have been to give 17 the ball, see how he played the second half, and commit the rest of this season to him. GT was strike one, UNC strike 2, UVA should’ve been it for 9.

Now as we look ahead, your going into the swamp game 1 with either 9, who no one wants to see, or an inexperienced QB making their first road start in a hostile rivalry game? Add to that most of the OL will be new after the left side leaves this dumpster fire? Awful awful decision making and lack of foresight or intelligence.

As the old ancient proverb goes, “you can’t fix stupid”.

Advertisement
Agree! All the guys ready to throw in the towel and make it personal with the guys giving their all to give us the intel ain’t about sh! !t, it shows that they want fast gratification and relevance (because I guess life sucks ) and if not they say blow it all up! One frustrated and sad individual in particular (Adelphi) said to tell all the recruits committed here to decommit. Sad to see grown men get so down like that. The GTech game hurt me as much as any Canes fan deeply with the way they lost but you got to eventually be mature enough to get over it as annoying as it may sound to many.
This!!!!!!

These cats get way too emotional about this shid bro. Like, none of us have enough invested to be hurling insults and threats at your Cane bredren about **** totally out of a fans control. We've sucked FOR 2 decades.

How tf are you not numb? It's kind of weird. Punishment gluttony if you ask me. My opinion has always been that those who act like spoiled kids about this team are people who gamble or talk heavy **** to other fanbases. Then when the team doesn't live up to their claims and stakes they throw tantrums.

MFs need to grow tf up for real. Discussions would be so much better.

" How did you come to that conclusion?" Is a lot better than " Stfu you dummy. That's not what happened, go drink bleach" yet the latter is how we type to each other over a **** football game whose results have nothing to do with our actions.

I liked Kiffin, too. He definitely would have been better in the short term. My concern was the widespread rumors of substance abuse and the lack of interest in recruiting (per other coaches quoted by Bruce Feldman). Felt like a Dennis Erickson type hire- would be great with good players but potentially corrosive in the long term.

He is recruiting better than I thought, though. The Portal has helped him as well.
Erickson won 2 ships

I haven’t talked to anybody at Miami since the game (I like to give them some time to cool off).

My opinion- we should turn over to Emory. The team lacks faith in TVD right now. While I think we will give him more leash than the first half against Clemson, the focus will be on complementary football and avoiding turnovers.

Personally, I would like to see us incorporate Jacurri now that his redshirt is safe. He brings an explosive element with his legs and arm (due to box stacking), and he presents a major problem in short-yardage behind our OL. Emory is a high completion percentage guy that will get us in a lot of short-yardage situations. The negative is that it may hurt Emory’s rhythm, but I think the pros outweigh the cons.

I'm with you on all of that except for the Jacurri Brown packages. As soon as Brown enters the game, FSU will put all 11 guys in the box. I dont see the tradeoff of Emory losing rhythm as being as valuable as Brown running into 11 man fronts or God-forbid, actually attempting a forward pass against FSU's D.

Pick a horse and run with it IMO.

On top of that.. I legit think TVD doesn’t care anymore or never has. I watched Caleb William cry is eyes out when he lost Saturday. He already got the accolades, NIL money, going to be a top 5 pick and his not team is playing for CFP spot but he still want to win. I don't see that with TVD at all.
Caleb Williams is a stone cold b*tch and if i were his teammate i would say cut that B*tch *** sh*t out.

I played up to college ball i have never seen someone cry in the arms of there parent unless its their last game.

Then i thought folks were joking..but the punk double downs and says he wants to go home an cuddle with his dog?. I aint never in my life heard sh*t like that...he actually said it twice int he press conference..i dont know what he was going for im guessing some attention seeking or to appear as a certain way but gahhhhhh ****. That lowkey turned me off to him. Wasnt a positive.

Advertisement
Back