ESPN on Diaz. Please Don't leave us anytime soon.

With another good season, Diaz be gone at the end of the year. Richt isn't leaving anytime soon. Might be here for another 10 years.

Advertisement
I think you guys are underestimating Diaz's love of Miami. He's living the dream. It would be like one of us getting to coach the 'Canes. Now, I'm not saying he's here for life but it would take one **** of a deal to get him out of Miami.

For those advocating Kool as a replacement DC- time to think that through. He's a wizard as a DL coach, that doesn't necessarily make him qualified to be a D.C. I would want us to hire the best available candidate that adheres to an attacking philosophy, whoever that might be, and if it's not Kool, so be it.

At least we know:

1) Richt will always attract quality assistants (folks love playing for him)

2) Miami will now FINALLY pay top dollar for assistants

Last edited:
Advertisement
Diaz will be a better HC than DC. I have a feeling he's going to be really good. Wouldn't mind seeing him take a low level HC gig in a couple years, learn on the job there and then come back to UM when Rick is done.

Not to take away what Manny has done....CMR should have no issues adding a suitable replacement with our talent pool
Agreed. It's not like Manny was a slam-dunk hire either. Don't get me wrong, I would hate hate hate to see him go but you gotta think young DCs would salivate at the opportunity to come here.

Advertisement
Always an under aged white dude to assume the position once qualified minority finally gets a promotion or moves on to another position coach op that may offer a raise.

Did you have a stroke while writing this?

Sorry I posted this because there are no examples of this happening frequently in college football. Hirings always done based upon experience and young white dudes never get promoted at a younger age than minorities in college football. What the **** was I thinking with all the many minority head coaches, offensive coordinator's and defensive coordinator's. I mean it's not like they are good at playing the game and know what the **** they would be doing.

go b*tch and cry about this sh*t somewhere else

the best players will play

the best coaches will coach

*** outta here with this crybaby bullsh*t

Not gonna take away anything from Kul, but I think he has a niche as a DL expert and his promotion to Assoc. Head Coach was already a big commitment to him by the U. I think if he wanted the DC title, he could have found that elsewhere at some point.

That's why everybody is saying "if"...he hasn't YET demonstrated any urgency to be a DC anywhere.

That said, this is a guy that has been part of a lot of game plans over the years. If we were faced with losing Kool and his DL prowess (in the event Diaz bailed) because he wanted to be a DC..if I were Richt, I would still be tempted to let him make the jump at UM while ensuring he had the quality around him.

UM

2-3 more years and hes gone most likely but Miami will be a well oiled machine by then.

Advertisement
Always an under aged white dude to assume the position once qualified minority finally gets a promotion or moves on to another position coach op that may offer a raise.

C'mon man. People on this board like the direction we're heading and would like to keep the staff together as much as possible. Given that, Kool's name is going to be near the top of most people's list of potential DCs when Manny leaves. It's not racism, it's a vote of confidence for the staff we have.

Sorry I posted this because there are no examples of this happening frequently in college football. Hirings always done based upon experience and young white dudes never get promoted at a younger age than minorities in college football. What the **** was I thinking with all the many minority head coaches, offensive coordinator's and defensive coordinator's. I mean it's not like they are good at playing the game and know what the **** they would be doing.

Kind of like when we gave Ice Harris a chance to get his degree and coach RB's even though he wasn't qualified to coach RB's. Also i'm pretty sure he never even finished his degree. Or like when we gave Beard a WR coaching job even though he had 3 years HS position coaching experience. Black men never get a chance, you're right.

Just a little additional information for what always turns out to be an entertaining path to travel down:

General race breakdown in these here united states:
White 77.1%
Black 13.3%
American Indian and Alaska Native 1.2%
Asian 5.6%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander 0.2%
Hispanic or Latino 17.6%

Across all division I jobs, (2015 - 2016):
Black head coaches are over represented in the job compared to population representation (+1.5%);
Black defensive coordinators are over represented in the job compared to population representation (+9.8%);
Black graduate assistants are over represented in the job compared to population representation (+15.9%);
Black employees in all other assistant roles are over represented compared to population representation (+22%);
Black offensive coordinators are under represented compared population representation (-3.6%).

Diaz isn't going to wait around for CMR to retire. He could be gone after this season if the D explodes like we expect.

Yep. I'm guessing Richt is looking at this job as a 3-5 year gig. Manny will get P5 offers before then. He's a gunner and he is definitely HC material. Those 2 combined usually give you a guy who will wait around. OTOH, he can either take a meddling mid tier SEC type school or wait until Richt retires to take over the reigns.

Advertisement

Kind of like when we gave Ice Harris a chance to get his degree and coach RB's even though he wasn't qualified to coach RB's. Also i'm pretty sure he never even finished his degree. Or like when we gave Beard a WR coaching job even though he had 3 years HS position coaching experience. Black men never get a chance, you're right.

Just a little additional information for what always turns out to be an entertaining path to travel down:

General race breakdown in these here united states:
White 77.1%
Black 13.3%
American Indian and Alaska Native 1.2%
Asian 5.6%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander 0.2%
Hispanic or Latino 17.6%

Across all division I jobs, (2015 - 2016):
Black head coaches are over represented in the job compared to population representation (+1.5%);
Black defensive coordinators are over represented in the job compared to population representation (+9.8%);
Black graduate assistants are over represented in the job compared to population representation (+15.9%);
Black employees in all other assistant roles are over represented compared to population representation (+22%);
Black offensive coordinators are under represented compared population representation (-3.6%).

Good info. But does that count light skinned dudes? lol i kid.

From people close to him, he's definitely going to keep his options open (as he should), but he is really happy here. May not be groundbreaking, but was nice to hear confirmation from people who've known him for his entire life.

As I've mentioned before and Franchise said in his post, I think he's a potentially better HC than DC.

Hilarious to read these post when juxtaposed with the original thread announcing his hire, or the one mentioning him as a candidate.

My, how fast things can change ...

:jordan:

Advertisement
Back