ESPN on Diaz. Please Don't leave us anytime soon.

I don't like seeing a race issue made over Kool getting the DC job or Diaz, who is Hispanic, getting a HC job, if any of that was intended.

On the other hand, in all fairness to stats, even if black coaches are hired in greater percentages than their percentage of the overall population, black athletes playing college and pro football far exceed their percentage of the overall population. In that regard they can be seen as underrepresented on the coaching side, FWIW.

It'll take time though for the numbers to really increase but I do think the numbers will increase incrementally. Really, it should just be the best person for the job who can help you win the most games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Did you have a stroke while writing this?

Sorry I posted this because there are no examples of this happening frequently in college football. Hirings always done based upon experience and young white dudes never get promoted at a younger age than minorities in college football. What the **** was I thinking with all the many minority head coaches, offensive coordinator's and defensive coordinator's. I mean it's not like they are good at playing the game and know what the **** they would be doing.

Kind of like when we gave Ice Harris a chance to get his degree and coach RB's even though he wasn't qualified to coach RB's. Also i'm pretty sure he never even finished his degree. Or like when we gave Beard a WR coaching job even though he had 3 years HS position coaching experience. Black men never get a chance, you're right.

Just a little additional information for what always turns out to be an entertaining path to travel down:

General race breakdown in these here united states:
White 77.1%
Black 13.3%
American Indian and Alaska Native 1.2%
Asian 5.6%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander 0.2%
Hispanic or Latino 17.6%

Across all division I jobs, (2015 - 2016):
Black head coaches are over represented in the job compared to population representation (+1.5%);
Black defensive coordinators are over represented in the job compared to population representation (+9.8%);
Black graduate assistants are over represented in the job compared to population representation (+15.9%);
Black employees in all other assistant roles are over represented compared to population representation (+22%);
Black offensive coordinators are under represented compared population representation (-3.6%).

It's ridiculous that this has become about race, but since it has...your stats are meaningless. Assuming the pool of potential candidates for coaching jobs is made up of current/former players, GAs, and coaches, I think it's safe to say that we're looking at way more than 13% black people. The football world is not an accurate representation of the racial breakdown of the country, and to pretend it is is silly.

Thank you! They are meaningless and false. Just another Limbaugh/Hannity/O'Reilly talking point.

I don't like seeing a race issue made over Kool getting the DC job or Diaz, who is Hispanic, getting a HC job, if any of that was intended.

On the other hand, in all fairness to stats, even if black coaches are hired in greater percentages than their percentage of the overall population, black athletes playing college and pro football far exceed their percentage of the overall population. In that regard they can be seen as underrepresented on the coaching side, FWIW.

It'll take time though for the numbers to really increase but I do think the numbers will increase incrementally. Really, it should just be the best person for the job who can help you win the most games.

Agreed.

Sorry I posted this because there are no examples of this happening frequently in college football. Hirings always done based upon experience and young white dudes never get promoted at a younger age than minorities in college football. What the **** was I thinking with all the many minority head coaches, offensive coordinator's and defensive coordinator's. I mean it's not like they are good at playing the game and know what the **** they would be doing.

Kind of like when we gave Ice Harris a chance to get his degree and coach RB's even though he wasn't qualified to coach RB's. Also i'm pretty sure he never even finished his degree. Or like when we gave Beard a WR coaching job even though he had 3 years HS position coaching experience. Black men never get a chance, you're right.

Just a little additional information for what always turns out to be an entertaining path to travel down:

White 77.1%
Black 13.3%
Asian 5.6%
Hispanic or Latino 17.6%

Black head coaches are over represented in the job compared to population representation (+1.5%);
Black defensive coordinators are over represented in the job compared to population representation (+9.8%);
Black graduate assistants are over represented in the job compared to population representation (+15.9%);
Black employees in all other assistant roles are over represented compared to population representation (+22%);
Black offensive coordinators are under represented compared population representation (-3.6%).

It's ridiculous that this has become about race, but since it has...your stats are meaningless. Assuming the pool of potential candidates for coaching jobs is made up of current/former players, GAs, and coaches, I think it's safe to say that we're looking at way more than 13% black people. The football world is not an accurate representation of the racial breakdown of the country, and to pretend it is is silly.

Could you imagine if white people were actually aware that there is an entire black college football league with their own championship who get's paid millions of dollars to line up and lose to interracial NCAA teams. Crazy right? I wonder how much miami is paying bethune this year.

What's crazy is that U are acting unaware of what necessitated HBCU and why they even exist. Black people were denied education by law for hundreds of years and were not allowed to attend white established colleges and universities. Since we want to be intellectual dishonest and audacious, I wonder if black people know that if all these stellar, talented and drooled over recruits only signed with HBCU's, establish their governing body ala the NCAA and secured these TV contracts via an unmatched and must watch product, that it would change the landscape and become a base of black owned business, education, finance, industry etc...

The black athlete monetized sports...period. #facts , so stop with the sly assertion that someone is lucky and should be content with sharing that change. Integration of all kinds will always benefit the majority over the minority.

Always an under aged white dude to assume the position once qualified minority finally gets a promotion or moves on to another position coach op that may offer a raise.

Nothing makes you more inferior than your own mental weakness ^. #betamentality

So his mental state impacts him more than racism does overall? How do U know this? It's amazing how those least impacted by institutionalized racism are the foremost authorities on it. And whenever those who are actually impacted voice their opinions or displeasure, it's always viewed as ill-timed, false, a figment of their imagination or a psychological issue (victim hood). I'm sure you'd say that racism exists, but please give me some examples from current events please. Your types have a PhD in what is not racism, but never enlighten Us on what actually is racism. Who are U to tell someone how or when to react to what they perceive as racism. Let me get like 5 example oh great race referee. Note: this post is not a defense for Gator Hatar's post.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I prefer offensive minded head coaches these days. It's easier to replace defensive coordinators than offensive. Besides Dantonio and Saban, who's pretty **** good coaching all facets of the game, what elite defensive minded head coaches are out there? They're completely out numbered by the great offensive minded

Last edited:
Diaz isn't going to wait around for CMR to retire. He could be gone after this season if the D explodes like we expect.

Yep. I'm guessing Richt is looking at this job as a 3-5 year gig. Manny will get P5 offers before then. He's a gunner and he is definitely HC material. Those 2 combined usually give you a guy who will wait around. OTOH, he can either take a meddling mid tier SEC type school or wait until Richt retires to take over the reigns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White 77.1%
Black 13.3%
Asian 5.6%
Hispanic or Latino 17.6%

Could you imagine if white people were actually aware that there is an entire black college football league with their own championship who get's paid millions of dollars to line up and lose to interracial NCAA teams. Crazy right? I wonder how much miami is paying bethune this year.

What's crazy is that U are acting unaware of what necessitated HBCU and why they even exist. Black people were denied education by law for hundreds of years and were not allowed to attend white established colleges and universities. Since we want to be intellectual dishonest and audacious, I wonder if black people know that if all these stellar, talented and drooled over recruits only signed with HBCU's, establish their governing body ala the NCAA and secured these TV contracts via an unmatched and must watch product, that it would change the landscape and become a base of black owned business, education, finance, industry etc...

The black athlete monetized sports...period. #facts , so stop with the sly assertion that someone is lucky and should be content with sharing that change. Integration of all kinds will always benefit the majority over the minority.

If you believe black people monetized sports, who do you think financed them in the first place? I'd be curious to see the demographics of boosters and BOT members. Maybe if the HBCU's were better supported by their own alumni they'd have a bigger stake in the game, but i guess you'll find a way to blame that on white people too.

Last edited:
Advertisement

White 77.1%
Black 13.3%
Asian 5.6%
Hispanic or Latino 17.6%

If you believe black people monetized sports, who do you think financed them in the first place? I'd be curious to see the demographics of boosters and BOT members. Maybe if the HBCU's were better supported by their own alumni they'd have a bigger stake in the game, but i guess you'll find a way to blame that on white people too.

Very simple stuff. If an investor sees a lucrative or potentially lucrative product they usually invest in it in hopes of taking it to a wider market and increasing demand for it. Black people had their own leagues (ex: The ***** Leagues) AGAIN because we were not allowed to play in white owned and ran leagues. When these rich whites saw the awesome product that was these black leagues, they pushed for the integration of black athletes. Just like the Civil Rights Act was legislation presented using commerce law. It made business sense to allow the thriving black community to become consumers of white owned products and services. So of course they financed it, it wasn't a humanitarian thing, it was a money thing.

HBCU's are federally protected institutions (due to the beginnings I explained), but the last few administrations have pulled that promised support. Like I said, if the sought-after black athletes only chose to attend HBCUs exclusively this wouldn't be an issue now would it.

As far as your last sentence: does racism exist in America? If so, then how so?

Very simple stuff. If an investor sees a lucrative or potentially lucrative product they usually invest in it in hopes of taking it to a wider market and increasing demand for it. Black people had their own leagues (ex: The **** Leagues) AGAIN because we were not allowed to play in white owned and ran leagues. When these rich whites saw the awesome product that was these black leagues, they pushed for the integration of black athletes. Just like the Civil Rights Act was legislation presented using commerce law. It made business sense to allow the thriving black community to become consumers of white owned products and services. So of course they financed it, it wasn't a humanitarian thing, it was a money thing.

HBCU's are federally protected institutions (due to the beginnings I explained), but the last few administrations have pulled that promised support. Like I said, if the sought-after black athletes only chose to attend HBCUs exclusively this wouldn't be an issue now would it.

Dude, don't respond to CFLCane. He's an idiot who thinks everything was equal for ALL people in this country. Don't waste your time.

Very simple stuff. If an investor sees a lucrative or potentially lucrative product they usually invest in it in hopes of taking it to a wider market and increasing demand for it. Black people had their own leagues (ex: The **** Leagues) AGAIN because we were not allowed to play in white owned and ran leagues. When these rich whites saw the awesome product that was these black leagues, they pushed for the integration of black athletes. Just like the Civil Rights Act was legislation presented using commerce law. It made business sense to allow the thriving black community to become consumers of white owned products and services. So of course they financed it, it wasn't a humanitarian thing, it was a money thing.

End of thread. Everyone has an opportunity, everyone has a choice. The opportunities and choices may not always be equal for a variety of reasons. Arguing of percentages is futile. Relying on the federal government for protections or favors is a fools game.

Last edited:
Advertisement

White 77.1%
Black 13.3%
Asian 5.6%
Hispanic or Latino 17.6%

Good luck with that. As long as black kids are flocking to play in kkk hotbeds like Tuscaloosa, KKKainesville and Oxford, MS, it might be tough to encourage them to band together to raise up the HBCs.

[MENTION=15754]CFLCane[/MENTION]

No need to end the thread, it's just the end of discussion between U and I. I'll pick up this convo with my community re: our choices and effort to integrate, plus how these efforts are viewed by those who benefit from and have been most entertained by them. Self-determination, rule and ownership is of great importance, so I agree with U on that. But the ability to point out and address racial inequity and having a self-determination based mind state are not mutually exclusive concepts.

[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION]

Thanks for the well wishes. It's a little easier than you'd think and it's already begun informally. They just need to learn history and who they truly are. They've been taught thru a blurred lense. Yall don't understand Coach Thomas Brown's instagram page, but some do. He is reading thru the proper lense and I reckon this will catch on especially with this current administration in office. The Perfect Storm.

Advertisement
Always an under aged white dude to assume the position once qualified minority finally gets a promotion or moves on to another position coach op that may offer a raise.

In the same way Michael Jordan is the best owner in the NBA

I was thinking Cleveland Browns and Miami Dolphins. I love the canes and they have always been fair to minorities.

Dude, you just named two of the more incompetent organizations in all of sports. You can't fix stupid, but that doesn't = racism (necessarily, although of course judging another person strictly by their appearance is of course in and of itself stupid). Cleveland also hired Romeo Crennel, and kept him long enough to amass a 28-55 record. By comparison, the Browns fired Belichick after going 36-44.

Racism and prejudice still exist of course, in every single human being on the planet, and always will to some degree. It's human nature and based on hundreds of thousands of years of survival instinct. It's an important topic to discuss and for each and everyone one of us to remember and evaluate within ourselves as we interact with each other. What is not helpful is to insinuate (or outright state) that every one who might disagree or have a different opinion is a sheet wearing "son of confederate soldiers".

One thing we as 'Cane fans can and should be proud of is the diversity of our fan base and community, and especially how all of our love for the University of Miami and its football team brings us all together in spite and of because of our differences of experience, culture, race, language, economic status, etc, etc. Keep the love alive.

Go 'Canes.

We gave Shannon a promotion after he was DC on a fired coaching staff.

cflcane isn't the only person around here who thinks racism doesn't exist.

Problem with this, as it is with most other situations is even when a black person is the most qualified person they still don't get the opportunity. In a lot of cases it's one and done while you see whites getting opportunity after opportunity.

In the same way Michael Jordan is the best owner in the NBA

I was thinking Cleveland Browns and Miami Dolphins. I love the canes and they have always been fair to minorities.

Dude, you just named two of the more incompetent organizations in all of sports. You can't fix stupid, but that doesn't = racism (necessarily, although of course judging another person strictly by their appearance is of course in and of itself stupid). Cleveland also hired Romeo Crennel, and kept him long enough to amass a 28-55 record. By comparison, the Browns fired Belichick after going 36-44.

Racism and prejudice still exist of course, in every single human being on the planet, and always will to some degree. It's human nature and based on hundreds of thousands of years of survival instinct. It's an important topic to discuss and for each and everyone one of us to remember and evaluate within ourselves as we interact with each other. What is not helpful is to insinuate (or outright state) that every one who might disagree or have a different opinion is a sheet wearing "son of confederate soldiers".

One thing we as 'Cane fans can and should be proud of is the diversity of our fan base and community, and especially how all of our love for the University of Miami and its football team brings us all together in spite and of because of our differences of experience, culture, race, language, economic status, etc, etc. Keep the love alive.

Go 'Canes.

Good post aside from flawed assertion that being a racist and the act of racism is in everyone and is human nature. That's untrue. We are all born with an inclination to goodness alone, and are taught wrong behavior. The concept of we all racist is devised to minimize, trivialize and most importantly normalize these wrong actions and beliefs. Moreover, everyone ancestors weren't in a lifestyle of survival. My ancestors are from Africa where there is and has always been abundance. So much so that the entire Earth still operates off of its expansive resources. This explains why descendants of Africa are so cooperative and open to fellowship even to detriment of their own collective economic and political best interest. Racism denotes action, not just words and feelings which is prejudice. Racism requires power and control of infrastructure in order to wield it and impact a person's livelihood and upward mobility. Every human group doesn't possess this ability to act on their prejudice. Nor do they have the survival based worldview required to motivate using that power in this way. The "hunters and gatherers" survival lifestyle is from the European tradition.

Advertisement
Back