ESPN on Diaz. Please Don't leave us anytime soon.

cflcane isn't the only person around here who thinks racism doesn't exist.

Problem with this, as it is with most other situations is even when a black person is the most qualified person they still don't get the opportunity. In a lot of cases it's one and done while you see whites getting opportunity after opportunity.

funny, where I work if they hire a black person over a white person the white person can't sue and scream discrimination

the company literally has a ***ing quota of how many women and minorities must be in management positions

lemme know when you find a company that has a white quota

Advertisement
Wow....not that I believe rascism has died..but I thought for sure I clicked on a "Please Coach Diaz, Don't go" thread!!

Stick around for a bit Diaz...gonna be a good time right here!!

Problem with this, as it is with most other situations is even when a black person is the most qualified person they still don't get the opportunity. In a lot of cases it's one and done while you see whites getting opportunity after opportunity.

funny, where I work if they hire a black person over a white person the white person can't sue and scream discrimination

the company literally has a ***ing quota of how many women and minorities must be in management positions

Why would a company that's probably owned by white people & predominately white with it's employees need a "white quota"?

I'm not in favor of quota's for any group whatsoever, but what you just said is common fallacy people make when discussing race, which is a false equivalency.

You should think about why those things exist in the first place, if you think it's unfair you should ask yourself how it got that way.

Also, think about how angry & upset it makes you that it's like that, now imagine how people who aren't white must have felt for all these years.

That reminds me of the people that say the thing about Hillary Clinton "even the most qualified women can't beat the least qualified man."

It's just wrong on so many levels. I'm not saying certain groups of people aren't marginalized to a degree but the level of indignation I see from some is unbelievable.

98% of those who read this post know it is idiotic and embarrassing. Maybe 80% of those reading this post are white males. The reason why racism still exists in America is because that 80% are not going to correct nor admonition a post like this and others. It does nothing for paksat for me to address of correct him. He needs U guys to. I know yall feel like it's a waste of time, that these types are a loss, but that's a cop out. That's thought process couldn't possibly be that uniform and routine when these debates come up. Are U guys being passive-aggressive by allowing these types to fester. This is the behavior of the "liberal". Always ignore the overt racist, but sit back and enjoy the festivities, act annoyed by it, or passive-aggressively nitpick the argument of those who oppose the moron in question (See the above post by John77).

He wants to debate me over one line I wrote out of roughly 200 I've written lol. But posts like these are cool, nothing to see here, nothing debatable in its content. This is the racist enabler. Silence is agreement. I'm beginning to question Dom's request that I stop responding. Was it just to silence me? Yall operate on a very weird unspoken code. It's very interesting and needs to be studied in depth.

Advertisement

Why would a company that's probably owned by white people & predominately white with it's employees need a "white quota"?

I'm not in favor of quota's for any group whatsoever, but what you just said is common fallacy people make when discussing race, which is a false equivalency.

You should think about why those things exist in the first place, if you think it's unfair you should ask yourself how it got that way.

Also, think about how angry & upset it makes you that it's like that, now imagine how people who aren't white must have felt for all these years.

An employee of color can be fired or let go and claim racial bias without merit. That company can be taken to court and the demographics of the business will be brought in front of the judge or jury.

They will ask what percentage of each race and women you have in your labor force, and they will ask what percentage of minorities or women you have in your management.

Companies are literally forced to hire under qualified candidates to arm themselves against frivolous lawsuits.

I've witnessed it firsthand. The employee eventually lost after costing the company thousands of dollars even though it was clear nothing racist was involved, she was let go for being late literally dozens of times. Over half that companies work force was minorities.

Ever single top tier business consulting group in the world will strongly recommend hiring thresholds for minorities and will refer you to minority job placement services if no minority candidates are applying to your open positions.

There are literally dozens of pieces of legislation written to give minorities not only a level playing field but a distinct advantage over equally or in some cases more qualified candidates. So people here can whine about how they feel the world looks at them all they want but it will get them nowhere. All americans have an opportunity, those opportunities will NEVER be equal because life isn't fair and NEVER will be. America will NEVER be able "repay" their mistakes for the past and to try to hold people of the 21st century accountable for heinous actions of past generation is only hindering progress. People in general need to quit looking backwards to make excuses for the present. Forward is the only way. (not speaking to specifically EL).

Last edited:

An employee of color can be fired or let go and claim racial bias without merit. That company can be taken to court and the demographics of the business will be brought in front of the judge or jury.

They will ask what percentage of each race and women you have in your labor force, and they will ask what percentage of minorities or women you have in your management.

Companies are literally forced to hire under qualified candidates to arm themselves against frivolous lawsuits.

I've witnessed it firsthand.
I know...

That's the bed that was made, it's unfair but it wouldn't have been that way if people wouldn't have been overly discriminatory in the first place.

That reminds me of the people that say the thing about Hillary Clinton "even the most qualified women can't beat the least qualified man."

It's just wrong on so many levels. I'm not saying certain groups of people aren't marginalized to a degree but the level of indignation I see from some is unbelievable.

Of course it reminds you of that horrible example. Says more about you than anything else. This type of activity went on in the 40's, 50's and 60's even when it was "ok" to not hire blacks because they were black and if you don't think it goes on now then it just shows what kinda person you are.

I know...

That's the bed that was made, it's unfair but it wouldn't have been that way if people wouldn't have been overly discriminatory in the first place.

By and large those laws exist for legitimate reasons and there are still plenty of contemporary examples of those laws being necessary in our society. Trying to level the playing field is a worthy goal and unfortunately there is still some ways to go in my opinion.

The idea that they are occasionally taken advantage of doesn't change the fact that without them discrimination would still take place within certain companies and organizations (and still do anyways.)

Anyways, I hope we can keep Diaz for as long as possible but to me the guy screams D1 head coach. The way he talks to his players and the fans is a breath of fresh air.
I agree with you 100% John.

El Jefe is my favorite Coach on staff & I think he'll be Richts successor.

Advertisement

I know...

By and large those laws exist for legitimate reasons and there are still plenty of contemporary examples of those laws being necessary in our society. Trying to level the playing field is a worthy goal and unfortunately there is still some ways to go in my opinion.

The idea that they are occasionally taken advantage of doesn't change the fact that without them discrimination would still take place within certain companies and organizations (and still do anyways.)

Anyways, I hope we can keep Diaz for as long as possible but to me the guy screams D1 head coach. The way he talks to his players and the fans is a breath of fresh air.

I don't disagree with you, leveling the playing to a point is necessary, however it's slippery slope, if more provisions are created that appear to be discriminant against non minorities then were just creating parallel racist issues and any good work is cancelled out, furthering the divide.

I love Coach Diaz and his approach to defense w/violence and attack. Huge fan of his stressing the importance of tackling, seems to have been a lost art around Coral Gables under the last regime with a few exceptions. He and Kool compliment each other very well also. There will come a day when Coach Diaz gets the look for a HC gig and I think Kool will step into the DC role. The response to his hiring on this board was something special. Someone bumped it a couple of months ago and some of the posts were priceless. Some opinions have certainly changed. Looking forward to this year and those that follow with Diaz and Kool on the sidelines.

Go Canes!

I know...

I don't disagree with you, leveling the playing to a point is necessary, however it's slippery slope, if more provisions are created that appear to be discriminant against non minorities then were just creating parallel racist issues and any good work is cancelled out, furthering the divide.

I can agree with that. It's a fine line but it is one that I think we have to walk and hope to do as good of a job as possible.

You bring up an important point as well, the fact that it is possible for any identity group to discriminate against any other identity group. Discrimination is not the sole domain of any particular identity group, a quick trip to China or India will show anyone who thinks differently that that is the case. It is a fact that one group was largely responsible for most of the historical discrimination in the United States, but that does not make that always true or true in other places. Just wanted to throw that out there as well.

A quick trip to what's left of an American Indian Reservation will also really put things in perspective. Americas history is dirty. But at least we have Canes football!!

IMG_4301.jpg

Advertisement

Of course it reminds you of that horrible example. Says more about you than anything else. This type of activity went on in the 40's, 50's and 60's even when it was "ok" to not hire blacks because they were black and if you don't think it goes on now then it just shows what kinda person you are.

1. This is not the 40s 50s 60s
2. I never said it doesn't happen today
I said that it does happen but just not to the degree some of you folk make it out to be. You don't have to play the race card every time somebody doesn't get hired/ fired from a job. There's other reasons people don't get hired other than being black just like there's more to not voting for someone than them just being a woman.

I guess guys like Swasey aren't here because of their skin color, right? The university had no problem calling up Shannon after the white guy just like they had no problem calling up that white guy to follow the previous white guy.

Inb4 you say I'm white and would never understand what it's like to be black in America

98% of those who read this post know it is idiotic and embarrassing. Maybe 80% of those reading this post are white males. The reason why racism still exists in America is because that 80% are not going to correct nor admonition a post like this and others. It does nothing for paksat for me to address of correct him. He needs U guys to. I know yall feel like it's a waste of time, that these types are a loss, but that's a cop out. That's thought process couldn't possibly be that uniform and routine when these debates come up. Are U guys being passive-aggressive by allowing these types to fester. This is the behavior of the "liberal". Always ignore the overt racist, but sit back and enjoy the festivities, act annoyed by it, or passive-aggressively nitpick the argument of those who oppose the moron in question (See the above post by John77).

He wants to debate me over one line I wrote out of roughly 200 I've written lol. But posts like these are cool, nothing to see here, nothing debatable in its content. This is the racist enabler. Silence is agreement. I'm beginning to question Dom's request that I stop responding. Was it just to silence me? Yall operate on a very weird unspoken code. It's very interesting and needs to be studied in depth.

That one line you wrote is an absurd one and if actually believed has powerful implications. It is not being a "racist enabler" to question and oppose segregation, which is what you implied support for...

I wanted to have a discussion to understand your thought process behind making that claim, if you do not want to do that that's fine. I suggested moving it to private messages because it has far broader implications than just football related ones and so is not particularly relevant to this forum. However, slandering me as a "racist enabler" for asking that question is ridiculous and displays a clear tendency to call people names over having a legitimate discussion.

I was perfectly clear why I called U a racist enabler. It's two-fold: U ignored horrible posts of the dissenting opinion, never questioning anything absurd that they said, 2) U picked one sentence of 200+ to call asinine when it's asinine to believe it isn't true. I don't believe U are sincere so no, I don't want to debate U especially on a topic that is deep, dynamic or nuanced really.

I implied support for self-determination, that U restated as segregation. It's troublesome when a black person supposedly implies segregation but it's crickets as every other racial group in America actually and actively practices it openly. Redlining, white flight, Chinatown, Lil Italy, Germantown, the Omish, Mormon, ****** communities are abundant etc etc all immigrant practice planned group economics, but when black people imply it, there's a problem. This is the paternalistic nature of the liberal. I respect the overt racist types much more. At least U know what U getting. Black people work hard and equate success with moving away from other black people and into neighborhoods with white people. No one practices integration like Us. Our neighborhoods are formed out of economic necessity and not choice. No jobs, poor schools, a liquor store, guns and drugs in abundance and out of nowhere.

Funny how operative word changed from racism to discrimination. China and India do it too deflection. We don't want to talk world history do we? One group is the undisputed champ at murder, rape, pillaging, resource theft, land theft, occupation, slavery, exploitation, colonialism, genocide, war waging etc.. as well.

Advertisement
If any of you believe dat Richt is likely to retire soon enough so dat El Jefe can wait around to move up to HC, you are mistaken. Richt loves coaching and is unlikely to want to retire anytime soon. Now if Richt fails and da banners fly, Miami fan may help him see the benefits of retirement a lil sooner.

More likely scenario is dat El Jefe leaves to take a HC position somewhere else and ends up coming back to Miami (cue da Joe ****er).

all I'm saying is it is ridiculous

So much talk of race to avoid talking of culture.

So much talk of history to avoid the reality of the present.

Advertisement
Back