ESPN on Diaz. Please Don't leave us anytime soon.

Diaz isn't going to wait around for CMR to retire. He could be gone after this season if the D explodes like we expect.

Yep. I'm guessing Richt is looking at this job as a 3-5 year gig. Manny will get P5 offers before then. He's a gunner and he is definitely HC material. Those 2 combined usually give you a guy who will wait around. OTOH, he can either take a meddling mid tier SEC type school or wait until Richt retires to take over the reigns.

I think Richt plans to win 3 ships and be here 7- 10 years. I think he's even referenced 10 years in the past when he talked about turning down the Pitt job when he was still at Fsu. He said his wife didn't see Pitt as a place to be for 10 years, and that's his rule. "Can I imagine myself there for 10 years?"

Advertisement
I bet [MENTION=7468]Gator Hatar[/MENTION] won't show back up to this thread. All these facts don't match his inferior feelings.

Yall be ready to crown people around here after one year I see.

SMH

Diaz needs to show me more in the next 2 years

Advertisement
Whatever it's just nice to have assistant coaches that other people want to hire again.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Yall be ready to crown people around here after one year I see.

SMH

Diaz needs to show me more in the next 2 years
It's posters like you that keep us all on the level, Pee. Keep doin' what ya do.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Always an under aged white dude to assume the position once qualified minority finally gets a promotion or moves on to another position coach op that may offer a raise.

Did you have a stroke while writing this?

Sorry I posted this because there are no examples of this happening frequently in college football. Hirings always done based upon experience and young white dudes never get promoted at a younger age than minorities in college football. What the **** was I thinking with all the many minority head coaches, offensive coordinator's and defensive coordinator's. I mean it's not like they are good at playing the game and know what the **** they would be doing.

In the same way Michael Jordan is the best owner in the NBA

I was thinking Cleveland Browns and Miami Dolphins. I love the canes and they have always been fair to minorities.

Advertisement
You know you have good assistants when teams are plucking them for head coaching jobs left and right. If teams are not approaching your guys for head coaching gigs then that tells you all you need to know. Yes it will suck with him gone but it also is a positive from the standpoint that we should be back to where we were when all our top guys were leaving for head coaching jobs.

I hope he has to turn down a multitude of jobs and is the "next big thing" in the coaching industry over the next few years. That will guarantee we get to keep discussing track times and steak preferences.

Perfect fit for the HC job here when CMR retires. NO CRISTOBAL!

I have been vehemently anti-Cristobal for the last two cycles, however, he finally did what he needed and took a job as an OC. If his offenses are exceptional the next few years at Oregon, he'll deserve to be a serious candidate. That or he'll have already taken a mid-tier HC job, and we'll have more data to consider.

Perfect fit for the HC job here when CMR retires. NO CRISTOBAL!

I have been vehemently anti-Cristobal for the last two cycles, however, he finally did what he needed and took a job as an OC. If his offenses are exceptional the next few years at Oregon, he'll deserve to be a serious candidate. That or he'll have already taken a mid-tier HC job, and we'll have more data to consider.

Not to be an *******, but any coach with a pulse can have a prolific offense in the Pac12 since nobody outside of Stanford has played defense for a decade besides an occasional outlier (Washington last year).

Advertisement
He'll be here a few more years hopefully. 1 good year at Miami isn't getting you anywhere. If he has this defense better then last year and top5 in all major categories teams will try to grab him.

Advertisement
Always an under aged white dude to assume the position once qualified minority finally gets a promotion or moves on to another position coach op that may offer a raise.

Sorry I posted this because there are no examples of this happening frequently in college football. Hirings always done based upon experience and young white dudes never get promoted at a younger age than minorities in college football. What the **** was I thinking with all the many minority head coaches, offensive coordinator's and defensive coordinator's. I mean it's not like they are good at playing the game and know what the **** they would be doing.

Kind of like when we gave Ice Harris a chance to get his degree and coach RB's even though he wasn't qualified to coach RB's. Also i'm pretty sure he never even finished his degree. Or like when we gave Beard a WR coaching job even though he had 3 years HS position coaching experience. Black men never get a chance, you're right.

Just a little additional information for what always turns out to be an entertaining path to travel down:

General race breakdown in these here united states:
White 77.1%
Black 13.3%
American Indian and Alaska Native 1.2%
Asian 5.6%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander 0.2%
Hispanic or Latino 17.6%

Across all division I jobs, (2015 - 2016):
Black head coaches are over represented in the job compared to population representation (+1.5%);
Black defensive coordinators are over represented in the job compared to population representation (+9.8%);
Black graduate assistants are over represented in the job compared to population representation (+15.9%);
Black employees in all other assistant roles are over represented compared to population representation (+22%);
Black offensive coordinators are under represented compared population representation (-3.6%).

It's ridiculous that this has become about race, but since it has...your stats are meaningless. Assuming the pool of potential candidates for coaching jobs is made up of current/former players, GAs, and coaches, I think it's safe to say that we're looking at way more than 13% black people. The football world is not an accurate representation of the racial breakdown of the country, and to pretend it is is silly.

Kind of like when we gave Ice Harris a chance to get his degree and coach RB's even though he wasn't qualified to coach RB's. Also i'm pretty sure he never even finished his degree. Or like when we gave Beard a WR coaching job even though he had 3 years HS position coaching experience. Black men never get a chance, you're right.

Just a little additional information for what always turns out to be an entertaining path to travel down:

General race breakdown in these here united states:
White 77.1%
Black 13.3%
American Indian and Alaska Native 1.2%
Asian 5.6%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander 0.2%
Hispanic or Latino 17.6%

Across all division I jobs, (2015 - 2016):
Black head coaches are over represented in the job compared to population representation (+1.5%);
Black defensive coordinators are over represented in the job compared to population representation (+9.8%);
Black graduate assistants are over represented in the job compared to population representation (+15.9%);
Black employees in all other assistant roles are over represented compared to population representation (+22%);
Black offensive coordinators are under represented compared population representation (-3.6%).

It's ridiculous that this has become about race, but since it has...your stats are meaningless. Assuming the pool of potential candidates for coaching jobs is made up of current/former players, GAs, and coaches, I think it's safe to say that we're looking at way more than 13% black people. The football world is not an accurate representation of the racial breakdown of the country, and to pretend it is is silly.

Could you imagine if white people were actually aware that there is an entire black college football league with their own championship who get's paid millions of dollars to line up and lose to interracial NCAA teams. Crazy right? I wonder how much miami is paying bethune this year.

I read an article in one of the college preview magazines that a coach within the ACC stated, "Diaz wants everyone to think he is a brilliant coordinator, but he just uses a bunch of gimmicks." It looked like good bulletin board material.

I bet [MENTION=7468]Gator Hatar[/MENTION] won't show back up to this thread. All these facts don't match his inferior feelings.

Won't show back up? Man it would take a whole lot more than some want to be Internet tough guys to scare me off! Only an utter and complete idiot, moron or ignorant, uneducated fool would ever pretend like there isn't an imbalance in the hiring practices in NCAA Football! Why does it upset you people so much when there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Stop telling people what their life experiences are in this country! This is bull****. This is like me telling you what life feels like inside your house when I haven't lived it.

Advertisement
Back