Soccer England - USA (futbol/soccer)

I'm hyped as **** a bput this game today. I was yelling by myself when it looked like we took the lead on England. No matter what happens today, USA soccer is heading in the right direction.

Knockout rounds provided some drama for sure.

I know Brazil came in as the #1, but I just don't see it. That or they've been conserving some energy with the temp change.

It's been a weird world cups so far with many players going from fall/winter temps to hot summer heat.

Advertisement
This was a winnable game the way we’ve been playing but the whole team came out flat with the defensive intensity of a manny diaz team. Lack of depth caught up to us and final third ineptitude continues to be an issue
We need to develop a killer instinct 9. Also. If we are going to do a holding 9, travesty Gio Reyna didnt start and play every game

****, had some opportunities and didn't capitalize.

Adam's catching a breather or just loafing on that first goal was a bad mistake.

Second goal, flat footed defense that needed to close down on that cross rather than watch it, make the window of opportunity smaller.

Dumfries really snuck in the back door on that third goal.

No moral victories, but our style of play is improving Young team that should be even better in 4 years here at home.

The Dutch deserved it and capitalized on their opportunities. Very cool, calm, and collected approach by then, helps when you go up first.

Advertisement
This was a winnable game the way we’ve been playing but the whole team came out flat with the defensive intensity of a manny diaz team. Lack of depth caught up to us and final third ineptitude continues to be an issue
We don't have a real Striker to finish off goal scoring opportunities.

Looks like my suspicion about playing Reyna was correct if Berhalter is telling the truth…

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/s...-is-looking-for-the-right-moment-at-world-cup

"A lot of it comes down to timing and circumstance," Berhalter said. "If you look at how the games have unfolded, we've had the lead then had to hold onto the lead later in games. The only game that we didn't have that scenario, we actually put him in to help get the victory."​
Basically Reyna is there to throw in if they need an offensive spark. No idea why he didn’t put him in against Wales late though. And only 7-8 minutes against England was also too late IMO
And then the next day he got it so, so wrong with Ferreira over Reyna. Smartest guy in the roomz

Personally I wouldn't start Kane (he doesn't fit the system), but we don't have anyone else with Calvert-Lewin being injured and Abraham being left out of the squad. The #9 is meant to be the tip of the spear, yet Kane is often found trying to link play up in midfield.

Saka is hugely important to us too.
What about Rashford? I feel like he is much more direct and tends to sit further up field.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I knew you'd enjoy your 0-0 win. :ROFLMAO:

I warned you not to become Scotland and yet here we are.
I’m not saying it was a win. I am just saying on the pitch there wasn’t much separating the two. It wasn’t like England had a ton more possession and shots and we held on for dear life. Our inexperience showed against the Dutch but we are moving in the right direction with a ton of very young talent.

I’m not saying it was a win. I am just saying on the pitch there wasn’t much separating the two. It wasn’t like England had a ton more possession and shots and we held on for dear life. Our inexperience showed against the Dutch but we are moving in the right direction with a ton of very young talent.
I told you at the time that Southgate left the handbrake on for that game - he just didn't want to lose.

Look at every other game we've played this World Cup - we've battered everyone (and no, I don't think we're going to win the thing).

I told you at the time that Southgate left the handbrake on for that game - he just didn't want to lose.

Look at every other game we've played this World Cup - we've battered everyone (and no, I don't think we're going to win the thing).
That may be fair to say, but the truth is we really don't know. In any case, I am pulling for ya now that my yanks are out.

Advertisement
Back