Soccer England - USA (futbol/soccer)

Insane game. Great intensity.

Did Reyna bang Berkhalter’s wife or something?

But Weah has been balling out. Hard to sit him but should be getting PT off the bench.
Thought we could have used him today to get and retain some possession but we got the result, and that’s what matters. Hopefully Pulisic and Sargeant are healthy for Saturday.

British friends - did the lyrics to “Don’t take me home” have to change due to the locale of the tournament?

Advertisement
The US definitely missed some opportunities to give themselves cushions... but they got the result they wanted. The ending was nail biting, especially the potential for a penalty kick... but it was the correct call.

I have no idea about Reyna... but the players on the field played really well. Weah, Musah (happy birthday) and Sargent were great... Ream was really good.... Pulisic did what he does best, score... and Zimmerman helped seal the deal at the end with all the headers to clear. I knew that as long as the US had the lead in the 2nd half, they wouldn't bring in Reyna though... he was probably being held in case they were tied (or down). Or maybe he banged coach's wife, like you said! :LOL:

Gonna be a tall order come Saturday against Netherlands though! Best of luck! GO USA!
Sargent has really improved. His hold up play was really impressive today.

Sargent has really improved. His hold up play was really impressive today.
Sorry I’m not down with the soccer lingo! 😂

What is “hold up play”? Sounds like it’s something u do in a convenience store or in your bedroom!

Advertisement
Sorry I’m not down with the soccer lingo! 😂

What is “hold up play”? Sounds like it’s something u do in a convenience store or in your bedroom!
LMAO!!

It’s when you receive the ball at the top (attacking end of the field), usually on longer passes vs more defenders than offensive players and you are able to hold the ball or retain the ball and not get it taken away by defenders while the rest of the offensive players move up to help.

LMAO!!

It’s when you receive the ball at the top (attacking end of the field), usually on longer passes vs more defenders than offensive players and you are able to hold the ball or retain the ball and not get it taken away by defenders while the rest of the offensive players move up to help.
Well, 'hold up' your shorts and call me Charlie! I agree with you now that I've been ed-u-ma-cated in "hold up play"! Thank you sir

I hope we can do some more of this good "hold up play" against the Dutch/Netherlands/Holland-ers/Red-light-district-ers

Advertisement
If the women qualify for their World Cup and advance throughout the tournament, do the men split the earnings 50/50 as well?
I wondered the same thing. I would think so… but I’m guessing they want a piece of the men’s purse because the Men’s World Cup pays out WAY more cash than the Women’s World Cup

If the women qualify for their World Cup and advance throughout the tournament, do the men split the earnings 50/50 as well?
Yes, the men get 50% but it’s not the same as 50% as the men’s WC earns 3-4x more than a woman’s WC ever would.

So each woman is getting something like $380k as of now. If the men advance further, I believe it goes up.

For the men, let’s say the women were to win the WC, the would probably each max out at around $150-180k.

Not exactly a fair cut!!!

The new equality!!!

This isn’t corporate America at some company where a woman is due to make the same or more than men if they are better.

It’s different in sports. It would be like taking 1/2 of what NBA players make and give it to the WNBA in the name of equality.

Yes, the men get 50% but it’s not the same as 50% as the men’s WC earns 3-4x more than a woman’s WC ever would.

So each woman is getting something like $380k as of now. If the men advance further, I believe it goes up.

For the men, let’s say the women were to win the WC, the would probably each max out at around $150-180k.

Not exactly a fair cut!!!

The new equality!!!

This isn’t corporate America at some company where a woman is due to make the same or more than men if they are better.

It’s different in sports. It would be like taking 1/2 of what NBA players make and give it to the WNBA in the name of equality.
Agree with this… buuuuuuuuuut … I still would love a win on Saturday as much as it pains me to think that money would be going directly to a total loser like Rapinoe

Advertisement
Agree with this… buuuuuuuuuut … I still would love a win on Saturday as much as it pains me to think that money would be going directly to a total loser like Rapinoe
Oh, yeah. Absolutely. What’s done is done.

The men’s team have to live with it since they “agreed” to it.

They keep dominating in tournaments and maybe they will then decide to ***** about it.

Oh, yeah. Absolutely. What’s done is done.

The men’s team have to live with it since they “agreed” to it.

They keep dominating in tournaments and maybe they will then decide to ***** about it.
Did u see that 2nd Japan 🇯🇵 goal today? That thing was more outta bounds than Hunter with a hooker!

Not sure if that affected whether Germany went through or not, but if so and I were Germany… I’d be throwing a fit

Did u see that 2nd Japan 🇯🇵 goal today? That thing was more outta bounds than Hunter with a hooker!

Not sure if that affected whether Germany went through or not, but if so and I were Germany… I’d be throwing a fit
Oh snap… I just noticed how the flag is displayed on here. Cool

Let me try something…

🇯🇵 🇯🇵

Advertisement

Yes. It was absolutely out of bounds and it ended up getting Germany sent home.

If Japan and Spain tied, Germany needed to win by 2 goals to offset the goal differential. If Spain won, then the score in the Germany/CR game wouldn’t matter as long as Germany won.

They did that so Spain would’ve won the group and Germany would’ve been the 2nd team and Japan would be home.

Germany got screwed. It’s their fault for not playing better during the other games and letting Japan come back and beat Germany but in the end, it came down to one goal and FIFA and the refs/VAR blew that and thus sent Germany home on that play.

Rashford-Kane-Foden is England's recipe for success.
Personally I wouldn't start Kane (he doesn't fit the system), but we don't have anyone else with Calvert-Lewin being injured and Abraham being left out of the squad. The #9 is meant to be the tip of the spear, yet Kane is often found trying to link play up in midfield.

Saka is hugely important to us too.

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Looks like my suspicion about playing Reyna was correct if Berhalter is telling the truth…

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/s...-is-looking-for-the-right-moment-at-world-cup

"A lot of it comes down to timing and circumstance," Berhalter said. "If you look at how the games have unfolded, we've had the lead then had to hold onto the lead later in games. The only game that we didn't have that scenario, we actually put him in to help get the victory."​
Basically Reyna is there to throw in if they need an offensive spark. No idea why he didn’t put him in against Wales late though. And only 7-8 minutes against England was also too late IMO

Advertisement
Back