Soccer England - USA (futbol/soccer)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Decent first half by the US. 2 decent shots that they whiffed on. England had couple chances too

Hoping to see some Reyna action in 2nd half. Not sure if he’s injured… but in the past he was the most electric player on the field/pitch/whatever-they-call-it

I’m not a big soccer fan… but enjoy the Cups

Advertisement
I'm rooting for the USA even if they're playing tiddlywinks.....that said, I watched the last 10 minutes of this game and unfortunately, it did nothing to change my opinion that watching grass grow or paint dry is right up there with soccer. Very happy to see the USA get a draw as a big underdog.

Now, back to real "football". Cincy vs. Tulane was a pretty good game btw.

I'm rooting for the USA even if they're playing tiddlywinks.....that said, I watched the last 10 minutes of this game and unfortunately, it did nothing to change my opinion that watching grass grow or paint dry is right up there with soccer. Very happy to see the USA get a draw as a big underdog.

Now, back to real "football". Cincy vs. Tulane was a pretty good game btw.
Yeah I thought this match was a lot more boring than the US-Wales match. Pulisic missed one off the top of the goal… which was probably the most exciting part of the match. I believe US has to beat Iran to advance now… which they should be favored to do, but ya never know in soccer

Advertisement
Yeah I thought this match was a lot more boring than the US-Wales match. Pulisic missed one off the top of the goal… which was probably the most exciting part of the match. I believe US has to beat Iran to advance now… which they should be favored to do, but ya never know in soccer
Correct, we have no path to advancing without a W against Iran. They are likely going to play lockdown defense to try to escape with a draw, maybe a counter attack breakthrough if things fall at their feet. All of the pressure will be on our squad, and it will be interesting to see how they respond. Our impact players are all very young so either a) the moment will be too big for them or b) they won't give two fvcks because nobody is giving us a chance anyway and they'll play like their hair is on fire.

We should have put home one of those chances we had today. Really happy with how they played though, the US was clearly the better team today.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back