Soccer England - USA (futbol/soccer)

I thought our defense was good until we played Netherlands. And actually it wasn't that the D was bad... just that they got out of positions and lost their marks when Netherlands countered with extra attackers.

When you say 'upfront'... and sorry I'm not down with the lingo... you mean the 'offense' or 'strikers'/'forwards' (not sure the proper names) like Pulisic and Musah and Weah? If so, not disagreeing there... Pulisic is decent... but he's past his prime and starting to go the way of Donovan and that other guy whom I'm forgetting his name that was also in studio (used to flow worse than Vlade Divac used to! you probably know who I'm talking about).
Pulisic is 24 years old. Hardly past his prime.

Advertisement

That one threw me too.

He's not even into his prime. He's just not enough to do it alone on offense. Winger or CAM is where he should be. Asking him to carry the team on his shoulders is a tough ask. Don't get me wrong, I think he did outstanding and while we're improving, we're just not there.

As for our defense doing well, but whatever, no, it didn't do well. Credit to them though, they had some deceptive runs and were found on the cross.

I'm just proud that we're moving in the right direction. There's a serious need for a true striker on this team.

The other thing of note is that you can't ever take a breather at this level. Every team can make you pay. Adams took one and it cost us. Brazil had no business pushing forward like they did towards the end of extra time and it sent them to the shootout they lost. They dominated that game, but one mistake is all you need if you don't put the ball in the net.

France and England is going to be a banger. Curious what Portugal brings tomorrow as that last result was shocking.

Dude needs to hit the gym. He gets pushed around like a bully pushes around little kids. To me he seems less effective than he used to be when he first came onto the scene

But that goal he had was great against Iran.

Advertisement
Dude needs to hit the gym. He gets pushed around like a bully pushes around little kids. To me he seems less effective than he used to be when he first came onto the scene

But that goal he had was great against Iran.
Pulisic needs to work his way onto a different EPL team somewhere like Leeds, Villa, or Crystal Palace where he can be a mainstay on the starting 11 and deal with the pressure of being one of if not the primary scorer.

Same goes for McKennie. Get out of the disaster that is Juventus and go play for Leeds with Tyler Adams.

Is the US soccer federation were serious about the WC they'd cut out their under the table dealings with MLS, encourage (even force) the MLSNext youngsters to go to Europe, and try to get the senior team players moving toward the same EPL teams. Germany and Spain (despite their issues this tournament) benefit from having most of their players playing on several top clubs which builds chemistry and feel for each other.

I'll give the US federation credit though for moving so quickly to get the USMNT playing in and hosting Copa America. Now, they need to make other arrangements with other federations to get top competition for USMNT. Playing Trinidad and Haiti won't cut it as a lead up to 2026.

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
Sipping Tea Time GIF

We need to send Mario and Ruiz after Florian Balogun before 2026 and how Aaronson continues this trajectory. But Balogun is that guy and the missing piece.
I’m hearing there’s a push from our side to get this train going…hope he see’s there’s playing time here. Rashford and Kane there.

I’m hearing there’s a push from our side to get this train going…hope he see’s there’s playing time here. Rashford and Kane there.
**** man I hope so. I’d imagine Kane will be about phased out by the time the 2026 comes around. I’m sure @OldhamA hopes sooner. I don’t know how that decision goes.

I am assuming as this rate he will be back at ****nal next season to rotate with Jesus and Nketiah. What do you think he would cost if they tried to buy him? He is having an outrageous season with some beautiful goals.

Advertisement
You'd better hurry up - he's Nigerian too so they'll swoop in if he doesn't get an England cap shortly.

It's exhausting producing all of this talent for football minnows - sort yourselves out.
A proper solid would’ve been sending Trent Alexander-Arnold our way as well, Sir.

Advertisement
****nal going ham on the transfer market. Curious to see Arteta’s vision for Havertz but hard to doubt him on his recruitment decisions. Rice is going to be a lot of what was missing, especially with Partey slacking at the end of the year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back