Soccer England - USA (futbol/soccer)

It was a decent game on the US side. The way England played was similar to how they played in the Euro final against Italy a year or two ago. Italy is way better than the US and just ran circles around England.

But I could definitely see the US come out and win, or a scrappy game where Iran gets in their heads and it’s a draw (or lose if they go aggressive trying to win late or a counter).

I was disappointed that the US coach substituted so late. Reyna came in late (like 85th min) and only had a couple touches so I couldn’t get a grasp of if he was injured or not. If he’s healthy, he’s got to play more… unless he’s lost the spark he used to have. Reyna (at full strength) and Pulisic would be a good tag team on offense
It’s that ggg has the smartest guy in the room syndrome.

Our midfield is really showing up. Musah is a stud. Adams is everywhere and McKennie grew into the game. They are going to be scary in 2026 with how young they are (plus Gio).

Having said that, we have got to score and I’m not sure what they do to figure that out. They need Reyna to break down Iran in the next game and god only knows what Greg is going to do.

Advertisement
He's far too negative and inept, the Euros final was the perfect example. We won't win a thing under him and we're doing a Belgium, wasting our best chance
What’s incredible about this generation of England is how well the pieces fit together. It’s not like when you had Lampard and Gerrard running in the same spaces. Even Slabhead Harry has looked good this tournament. Rice was hugely disappointing yesterday from what I could see.

Funny article. Remember when sports used to only be about the game played and none of this other woke, political nonsense? All sports need to get back to that, cause u are embarrassing yourself similar to the US Woman’s soccer team

Sports is where we all go to get away from politics and woke boo shizzle. Yet now we all get to wonder what is going to happen before or after the national anthem(s) or what type of garbo messages will be painted on the court/field. Get that **** outta dodge and let’s play ball!

As long as you express the same fervor about MAGA caps and “let’s go Brandon” chants at sporting events, I’m in agreement. Generally it only tends to work one way, though.

It’s that ggg has the smartest guy in the room syndrome.

Our midfield is really showing up. Musah is a stud. Adams is everywhere and McKennie grew into the game. They are going to be scary in 2026 with how young they are (plus Gio).

Having said that, we have got to score and I’m not sure what they do to figure that out. They need Reyna to break down Iran in the next game and god only knows what Greg is going to do.
I don’t follow US soccer closely but definitely impressed by Musah. Weah (not sure of spelling, but the lone goal scorer) also looked really good … although I knew of him. Hoping Reyna plays more … but is he hurt? Otherwise, I don’t get why he’s only played like 8-10 minutes total in 2 games

Oh and the guy on defense has looked really impressive… forget his name but I’m sure u know who I’m talking about

As long as you express the same fervor about MAGA caps and “let’s go Brandon” chants at sporting events, I’m in agreement. Generally it only tends to work one way, though.
I don’t even get the let’s go Brandon at games… but maybe it’s in retaliation to all the woke garbo going on lately.

I say get rid of it all. Save all that garbo for rallies and protests (peaceful please)

But back to soccer … or futbol! 😂

Advertisement
Anyone catch France v Denmark today? I had the 2nd half on in the background and man was that some good back and forth. Seemed like Denmark could have scored like 4 goals.

Btw, I couldn’t tell on the replay… but on my small screen on my phone it seemed like it was almost offsides. The 2nd goal did as well, but they did that freeze frame that showed the defender’s arm was just beyond the goal scorer. But the first goal they didn’t seem to show how close it was

I don’t follow US soccer closely but definitely impressed by Musah. Weah (not sure of spelling, but the lone goal scorer) also looked really good … although I knew of him. Hoping Reyna plays more … but is he hurt? Otherwise, I don’t get why he’s only played like 8-10 minutes total in 2 games

Oh and the guy on defense has looked really impressive… forget his name but I’m sure u know who I’m talking about
Musah actually came up through the England youth team and ****nal academy and has been getting major minutes at Valencia in La Liga since he was 17. He was a major coup for the USMNT, and as an ****nal fan I’d love to have him back as cover for Xhaka.

Weah has looked good too. Reyna is a mystery. There have been rumors about his health, about the coaches trying to push that narrative, about a falling out between him and the coaches. Who knows. I don’t like GGG and he has been known to carry a grudge, so I am going with that based on no fact. Also, the timing of his subs sucks.

Tim Ream is likely who you mean. Experienced and has been playing well for Fulham in the EPL.

Don’t kid yourselves, Southgate was playing for the 0-0 outcome.
It’s incredible how he approaches things given their midfield and attackers. If Maguire is that big of a concern, then drop him and play Ben White or play White at fullback like he has for ****nal and get extra cover.

It’s incredible how he approaches things given their midfield and attackers. If Maguire is that big of a concern, then drop him and play Ben White or play White at fullback like he has for ****nal and get extra cover.

Advertisement
Musah actually came up through the England youth team and ****nal academy and has been getting major minutes at Valencia in La Liga since he was 17. He was a major coup for the USMNT, and as an ****nal fan I’d love to have him back as cover for Xhaka.

Weah has looked good too. Reyna is a mystery. There have been rumors about his health, about the coaches trying to push that narrative, about a falling out between him and the coaches. Who knows. I don’t like GGG and he has been known to carry a grudge, so I am going with that based on no fact. Also, the timing of his subs sucks.

Tim Ream is likely who you mean. Experienced and has been playing well for Fulham in the EPL.
Glad the are some experts (well compared to me!). Yeah Ream… he was amazing in the Wales game and may have saved at least 1 goal based on how poor the US has been in previous years

Why have the US coaches been so bad over the years? Isn’t there any good upcoming coaches in college or anything? I’m guessing most good ones are in countries where soccer is the number 1 sport. But in other US sports, usually former players go into coaching. Seems in soccer they only go to television!

I’m kinda glad it’s a must-win scenario against Iran. They really shouldn’t advance without winning a game, but also especially against Iran

I mean I’m not sure how that goes to he was playing for 0-0. He was talking about a matter of preference. Mount looked dangerous. It’s not like bringing Grealish on wasn’t an attacking move. Jordan Henderson was the biggest head scratcher.

Glad the are some experts (well compared to me!). Yeah Ream… he was amazing in the Wales game and may have saved at least 1 goal based on how poor the US has been in previous years

Why have the US coaches been so bad over the years? Isn’t there any good upcoming coaches in college or anything? I’m guessing most good ones are in countries where soccer is the number 1 sport. But in other US sports, usually former players go into coaching. Seems in soccer they only go to television!

I’m kinda glad it’s a must-win scenario against Iran. They really shouldn’t advance without winning a game, but also especially against Iran
We actually have a really good one right now coaching in the EPL at Leeds. I think he could be the guy down the line but still seems be thriving in that grind of being a club manager. But the qualities of a national team vs club manager are kind of different, and so are the philosophies. The national team doesn’t really get much time together, especially the US with our guys all over the world. This is why countries like Germany and Spain have had such an advantage. Their top players tend to be concentrated at a couple of clubs, so there’s some working chemistry by the time they get to the tournament.

One of the biggest complaints with Berhalter is he over complicates things for the national team. You really need to KISS. Of course the other problem is his brother was in the C Suite of the US Soccer Federation, so something Canes fans can relate to, there was a healthy dose of nepotism in his appointment.

We actually have a really good one right now coaching in the EPL at Leeds. I think he could be the guy down the line but still seems be thriving in that grind of being a club manager. But the qualities of a national team vs club manager are kind of different, and so are the philosophies. The national team doesn’t really get much time together, especially the US with our guys all over the world. This is why countries like Germany and Spain have had such an advantage. Their top players tend to be concentrated at a couple of clubs, so there’s some working chemistry by the time they get to the tournament.

One of the biggest complaints with Berhalter is he over complicates things for the national team. You really need to KISS. Of course the other problem is his brother was in the C Suite of the US Soccer Federation, so something Canes fans can relate to, there was a healthy dose of nepotism in his appointment.

Good post and points!

I really couldn’t believe when England substituted 2/3 players… that he waited so long to substitute. I thought for sure England was going to capitalize on the fresh legs

A loss or tie to Iran and it should be the end for him, IMO

Advertisement
I mean I’m not sure how that goes to he was playing for 0-0. He was talking about a matter of preference. Mount looked dangerous. It’s not like bringing Grealish on wasn’t an attacking move. Jordan Henderson was the biggest head scratcher.
He said his preference was to use Grealish and Mount instead of Foden in order to gain “control”. He wasn’t looking to attack. If he was, Foden would have played.

Last edited:
His said preference was to use Grealish and Mount instead of Foden in order to gain “control”. He wasn’t looking to attack. If he was, Foden would have played.
I mean he would know better than me, but I wouldn't say Grealish and Mount are negative players. You're also overlooking that Southgate kept the same starting XI from the Iran match when they put in 6. That's why I mentioned the subs more than starters. What I will say is Grealish has not looked nearly as good since moving to Man City, so for that reason alone I would say Foden over him.

Advertisement
Anybody know where to live stream the game at?? I'm in Spain rn and it's not popping up on Fubo TV here. Any other links?

Insane game. Great intensity.

Did Reyna bang Berkhalter’s wife or something?

But Weah has been balling out. Hard to sit him but should be getting PT off the bench.

Insane game. Great intensity.

Did Reyna bang Berkhalter’s wife or something?

But Weah has been balling out. Hard to sit him but should be getting PT off the bench.
The US definitely missed some opportunities to give themselves cushions... but they got the result they wanted. The ending was nail biting, especially the potential for a penalty kick... but it was the correct call.

I have no idea about Reyna... but the players on the field played really well. Weah, Musah (happy birthday) and Sargent were great... Ream was really good.... Pulisic did what he does best, score... and Zimmerman helped seal the deal at the end with all the headers to clear. I knew that as long as the US had the lead in the 2nd half, they wouldn't bring in Reyna though... he was probably being held in case they were tied (or down). Or maybe he banged coach's wife, like you said! :LOL:

Gonna be a tall order come Saturday against Netherlands though! Best of luck! GO USA!

Advertisement
Back