Dwayne Haskins Killed in South Florida

“My gf is working today and confirmed that it was Haskins that got hit on 95 and he was on the phone with his wife when it happened and she called requesting a welfare check and said he was walking to get gas” my buddy sent the this. His girl works for 911 operations

Advertisement
NY has a lot of non-drivers. Probably because public transport is good and people don't need drive with regularity.

Yeah sounds right, especially the city.

I’ve driven a few times in Manhattan, and you absolutely have to drive like a boss. But normally I’m taking Ubers or cabs or walking when I’m in New York City.

It’s weird, but the safest way to drive in that city is to be aggressive, totally alert and focused, skilled and constantly scanning around and in front of you. Don’t hesitate and don’t be timid. You’ll just get eaten up.

Advertisement
how'd this guy run out of gas?

but there's soooo many accidents lately on my drive to work alone. Every **** night there's **** near something major happening.

I was just got in a fender bender for the first time in like 15 years like 3 months ago. Couldn't figure out the controls on the mercedes I was in to turn down the heat. Kept looking forward and back to the controls a bunch of times, finally got lazy and the dude in front of me had slammed on his brakes.

Nothing like getting in an accident in one of those cars tho. Car detected imminent accident and ripped me back into the seat with the seat belt. Hit him at like 30 I would say and It honestly felt like running into a pillow.

I wasn't even slightly fazed, say what you want about mercedes but you better believe if you get in an accident you wanna be in one of those.

I always say in fl you have to drive for the other driver as well as yourself. Don’t expect common sense. Them being in the turning lane could very well mean they will be going straight. You pull to a 4 way stop expect the person you beat to the stop sign to cut in front of you.
When my grandfather was teaching me to drive years ago in Broward he told me - and I remember to this day - “Always expect the other driver to be an idiot.”

We have the worst divers in the world. Dudes going 100 on 595 like they’re an extra on Fast and Furious. People cutting lines just to dive back into the lane last second. Every day on our highways it’s a gamble
Thats exactly how Ive described it to people back here in Austin! Ive literally said that Dade drivers were acting like this was a Fast and Furious movie.

Advertisement
Tragic. Have to say though that it is kinda weird that a multimillionaire doesn't have roadside assistance on his car insurance. They will bring you a few gallons of gas. No need to get out of car. Walking down a S Fl highway is more dangerous than playing Russian Roulette.

but there's soooo many accidents lately on my drive to work alone. Every **** night there's **** near something major happening.

I was just got in a fender bender for the first time in like 15 years like 3 months ago. Couldn't figure out the controls on the mercedes I was in to turn down the heat. Kept looking forward and back to the controls a bunch of times, finally got lazy and the dude in front of me had slammed on his brakes.

Nothing like getting in an accident in one of those cars tho. Car detected imminent accident and ripped me back into the seat with the seat belt. Hit him at like 30 I would say and It honestly felt like running into a pillow.

I wasn't even slightly fazed, say what you want about mercedes but you better believe if you get in an accident you wanna be in one of those.
My car insurance went up randomly by like 20% and they told me “there’s a lot more accidents in your zip code”

I’m fairly sure he’s in the early stages of dementia and his family is propping him up.

Shameful.
Was my first thought- Where is the family in situations like this to keep their aging loved one from disgracing themselves? Sadly, the family is often the reason why the person is out there.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Holy shlt, hitting a guy at 30? You’re looking at probably 7 or 8K for your repair. People die hitting another car at 30 all the time.

Mercedes & Volvos.

This whole situation is just sad all around. Another reminder that life is short, & death is indiscriminate. I’ve been in that situation as Haskins, maybe 2 yrs or so ago. Car battery died on me in the fast lane crossing a bridge. I had to force the wheel to get to as close to wall as possible to avoid being in the middle of the frwy. But the first thing I was taught was to stay in the car. Crossing the hwy is way different than crossing the street.

RIP to him. Smh

Advertisement
Back