Dwayne Haskins Killed in South Florida

Advertisement
First, and most importantly, this is a tragedy of epic proportions for that family. As someone who’s had family member die in a traffic accident, as I’m sure some of you have as well, it’s just a heartbreaking event. Especially when it’s a young person, but honestly really for anybody no matter what their age.

I hope the family can heal, and may this young man Rest In Peace.

In number of automobile fatalities, Florida ranks third behind Texas and California, which is to be expected because of population size.

But looking at other more meaningful measures, Florida is nowhere near the top 10 in terms of fatalities per hundred thousand, or per miles driven. Same thing with accidents.

Sometimes facts and statistics can belie our preconceived notions.

Advertisement
First, and most importantly, this is a tragedy of epic proportions for that family. As someone who’s had family member die in a traffic accident, as I’m sure some of you have as well, it’s just a heartbreaking event. Especially when it’s a young person, but honestly really for anybody no matter what their age.

In number of automobile fatalities, Florida ranks third behind Texas and California, which is to be expected because of population size.

But looking at other more meaningful measures, Florida is nowhere near the top 10 in terms of fatalities per hundred thousand, or per miles driven. Same thing with accidents.

I agree with your overall notion but that specific area of 95/595 is notorious and has been labeled "the deadliest mile in America".

It's wayyyyy OT but dump trucks in South Florida are one of my biggest pet peeves. They often drive like complete maniacs when they're not spraying every car behind them with their load (excuse the wording) that is seemingly only covered by a torn tarp bought at Home Depot in 1988.

Go Google Where does I-4 rank in Accidents and Deaths in Fl and Holler back.....

Advertisement
RIP young man. This is tragic and completely avoidable in most cases.

I feel like an old man saying this but driving has gotten so dangerous. The decisions people make are mind boggling. Swerving in and out with a pubic hair of room between bumpers just to get ahead 1 car, people legit looking straight down at their phones to read or write a text…it’s **** like that that really cooks my goose.

Most of these tragedies are completely avoidable if people would stay alert, be aware of your surroundings, make smart decisions, and stay off their **** phones.

My prayers are with him and his family.

i'm kind of curious if i-4 is the worst interstate in the country, i remember going to pick up an infiniti from daytona beach. Not even 4 miles on i-4 it was backed up.

backed up all the way to orlando.

like is that a wreck or is that just how it is these days?

Advertisement
As someone who has worked in trauma canters I can tell you that getting in your car no matter where you live is easily the most dangerous thing you do every day and it’s not even close.
Unless you work somewhere where sht can go wrong and take your life, driving and just being around vehicles is a potential life altering or life ending situation.

Florida is top 10 in both of those categories, as well as fatal crashes by registered vehicles. It's a top 10 most dangerous state for drivers any way you slice it.

Advertisement
They are saying that he ran out of gas and that was why he wasn’t in the car. Idk what the dump truck was doing though.

Holy ****.

Don't hold me to it but I think he may have just been down here too because Trubisky invited all the QBs and WRs to his house to work out together. Even more sad if an ancillary reason the dude was killed was because he was somewhere trying to be a good teammate as 3rd string QB that really had zero chance to win the starting job now.
Yup. Mitch Trubisky actually trains in Deerfield at the facility that gave my brother his start in sports training. He was their baseball director before he was hired by the Marlins.

i'm kind of curious if i-4 is the worst interstate in the country, i remember going to pick up an infiniti from daytona beach. Not even 4 miles on i-4 it was backed up.

backed up all the way to orlando.

like is that a wreck or is that just how it is these days?
It's Horrible....Thank God I don't have to deal with it anymore...Ranked worst in the State since forever....

Florida is top 10 in both of those categories, as well fatal crashes by registered vehicles. It's a top 10 most dangerous state for drivers any way you slice it.

I would expect Florida to have a lower rate of drivers, which would drive down the number of crashes depending on how that is measured. I would want to know the number of cars on the highway/crashes by state.

Advertisement
Back