Dwayne Haskins Killed in South Florida

Not saying .24 isn’t drunk AF, but some people have a higher tolerance than others. We used to say my BF in high school had a hollow leg. Sumbitch could out drink anybody and still function coherently.
That’s true and body mass plays a role also. Still .24 is **** faced. Some people may have the tolerance to stay semi alert with that much alcohol in their blood system but they’re the rarity.

Advertisement
It sure is knockout territory, but consider that he drove from somewhere. He was on 595. Pulled over on the shoulder. Ran out of gas and determined he needed to get help. And was on the phone with his wife. So, his judgment wasn't entirely impaired to the point where he wasn't functioning at all. I just still can't get over crossing a major intersection and misjudging it to that degree. And wasn't this on a Saturday or Sunday morning around 6 or so? There should have been a moment or two where he had an opportunity at that time. This wasn't a weekday at 8 am. IDK, the whole thing is crazy to me.
This is an 8 lane high way near the airport...Dont really care what time of day it is there is always cars FLYING on there. If he wasnt drunk or on k it would be a dumb decision. I have never seen anyone attempt it..

This is an 8 lane high way near the airport...Dont really care what time of day it is there is always cars FLYING on there. If he wasnt drunk or on k it would be a dumb decision. I have never seen anyone attempt it..
Something still seems really really off…

Advertisement
This thread reminds me of what happened to me a few weeks ago on the turnpike.

I was driving northbound and as I passed a rest stop to my left, out of nowhere this stupid ************ runs across my path, from right to left, going towards the rest stop.

I had to swerve from the left lane to the right lane not to hit him going about 70. We were both lucky there was no car to my right.

I would have probably killed him. People do stupid ****. My adrenaline went to full tilt in a nanosecond. Just glad I was paying attention when this happened or it could’ve been a completely different story.

This thread reminds me of what happened to me a few weeks ago on the turnpike.

I was driving northbound and as I passed a rest stop to my left, out of nowhere this stupid ************ runs across my path, from right to left, going towards the rest stop.

I had to swerve from the left lane to the right lane not to hit him going about 70. We were both lucky there was no car to my right.

He ain't long for this world with decision-making like that

Advertisement
He ain't long for this world with decision-making like that

Man, I can’t tell you how close that was. I only had time to react, but my heart was beating out of my chest a second later. I didn’t look over because I just saw him and only had time to react, but I’m guessing maybe he had a flat and had pulled off to the side even though I didn’t see or notice any car over on the right. It’s the only thing that makes sense.

Either that or he was just some nut. The turnpike usually has barriers on both sides so it’s not like he came from a neighborhood or something, I don’t think. My takeaway is, your life can change in an instant, especially when you’re driving.

Advertisement
Back