Dwayne Haskins Killed in South Florida

Yup. Phones also coupled with overly aggressive drivers comingling on the roads with people going 15 miles under the speed limit because they're ON the phone, elderly or just scared.

I'll NEVER understand how people down here act as drivers just when it rains (which ain't exactly an uncommon event). You'll have dipsh!ts passing you at 120mph on 95 while the person next to you is going 35mph with their hazards on.

I used to be on the phone a lot because I'm just usually good at driving, but that last accident put an end to it. Even if was just the heater instead of the phone, it was a split second with zero time to react.

it can wait.

Advertisement
Orlando says, Hold my Beer. (Huh @TheOriginalCane )

Miami is bad, no doubt. But Orlando traffic gets complicated by tourists who don't know WHERE THE FVCK they are going. Immediate 3-lane lane changes. People backing up in traffic because they missed their turns. People who are unfamiliar with their rentals cars and have no ******* clue how to turn or change lanes with a signal.

how'd this guy run out of gas?

Probably the same reason you couldn't find the heater controls in your car. I know my wife's Ford Escape you have to press a button on the steering wheel a thousand times before the gas gauge appears. **** I had to help a friend's son take out a battery on his late model Jeep Liberty, and you have to remove like 10 bolts before you could pull that sucka out. I keep it old shool, I still have a whip with dial gauges.

Advertisement
i'm kind of curious if i-4 is the worst interstate in the country, i remember going to pick up an infiniti from daytona beach. Not even 4 miles on i-4 it was backed up.

backed up all the way to orlando.

like is that a wreck or is that just how it is these days?

Depends on when this was. I4 has been widened out to Daytona, but when there are special events (Daytona 500, Bike Week) it still backs up.

The problem with I-4 between Daytona and Sanford is that you really don't have an alternative route. If there's a wreck on that stretch of I4, set up a tent and start a campfire.

It’s because everything on I 4 is unde construction. I live off 429 at the Windermere/WG exits and we’ve had a lot of deaths lately on 429
The construction was worse 1-2yrs ago (The Ultimate)....Entire project was wayyyyyy over budget, that also included 6 Deaths of workers, who's families are suing (and rightfully so) that Ultimate should have been done 25yrs ago....A complete abomination....

It’s because everything on I 4 is unde construction. I live off 429 at the Windermere/WG exits and we’ve had a lot of deaths lately on 429
@MiamiChris ...a very good friend of mine is an Engineer at WS Atkins (formally PBS&J) THEY are the company who should've been given the contract...not Skansa/John Laing Investments....but Dumblando (as usual) and FLDOT Awarded the contract to Skansa, with Lane Construction doing the work. The stories I could tell you about the Horrid work would take months. @TheOriginalCane

Last edited:
Advertisement

The Beltway is TERRIBLE. Absolutely no shoulders. If you run out of gas or your battery dies, you have to drive into the grass.

The construction was worse 1-2yrs ago (The Ultimate)....Entire project was wayyyyyy over budget, that also included 6 Deaths of workers, who's families are suing (and rightfully so) that Ultimate should have been done 25yrs ago....A complete abomination....

Keep in mind, the Ultimate was a project that was not done by the Florida DOT, it was a European consortium to whom 25 miles of I-4 were "sold to". So the Euros set up all the contracts and details, and they made plenty of mistakes.

Advertisement
Unfortunately, it was Jojo who ran into the back of a Semi...

Yeah, I remember, I was just mentioning the road, it wasn't 95, it was 395.

As I recall, at the time, the theory was that he was busy on his phone and just ran into the back of a semi. I think it was over where 395 makes that last curve into Miami Beach and starts to slow down and transition into surface traffic on 5th Street.

Keep in mind, the Ultimate was a project that was not done by the Florida DOT, it was a European consortium to whom 25 miles of I-4 were "sold to". So the Euros set up all the contracts and details, and they made plenty of mistakes.
Go read my post above....I need no info on the Project....God knows I know enough about it and Garbage *** Skansa....they had the nerve to ask Fl for 380 more millions of dollars last yr...not to mention the negligence with the Deaths of workers.

@MiamiChris ...a very good friend of mine is an Engineer at WS Atkins (formally PBS&J) THEY are the company who should've been given the contract...not Skansa/John Laing Investments....but Dumblando (as usual) and FLDOT Awarded the contract to Skansa, with Lane Construction doing the work. The stories I could tell you about the Horrid work would take months. @TheOriginalCane

The other good company up in Orlando was Hubbard (at least back in the day), they used to be a client when I was in public accounting.

Skansa was selected by the Europeans who backed the Ultimate project. The Euros went cheap to try to maximize their eventual profit.

Advertisement
The other good company up in Orlando was Hubbard (at least back in the day), they used to be a client when I was in public accounting.

Skansa was selected by the Europeans who backed the Ultimate project. The Euros went cheap to try to maximize their eventual profit.
Went cheap...then have the audacity to ask for 380millon more $$$$$....And wait till the plethora of Law Suits because of negligence comes about....

Exiting from Turnpike (north) onto the 429 going is crazy and getting off onto 429 is crazy

you'd be surprised at how little damage it did to the benz, ill take a picture and post it later. I can probably fix it for a grand, it's not one of the newer benz's, so it's gonna be cheaper. I bought a 97 e class to keep miles off my 09, wrecked it within 48 hours of paying cash for it LUL.

That’s surprises me. You generate a ton of force driving 30 miles an hour, it doesn’t sound like a lot but it actually is.

But let me know what you get quoted on your estimate, because a small fender dent will easily be a thousand. Shlt you can’t get out of a repair shop without spending a grand.

Advertisement
Back