DT Tywone Malone enters Portal

Hunte is gone by all accounts. There are 2 maybe 3 playable guys there. What a disaster.
I would not say he’s gone for sure. Did I expect him to leave? Yeah I did. But I also expected to bring in two more guys at DT.

Could he leave as a Grad transfer still? Possibly, yes.

Advertisement
I am not in freak out mode about the DT position in 2023 either. I dont think Malone was moving the needle much at DT here in 2023. Rose actually has shown something as a bigger body type. Not sure he is more talented than Moten, but further along in development.

Now 2024 could be a disaster at DT if we don't get portal help.

IMG_0804.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
1. We just landed our top target at CB yesterday along with an RB who has shown he can play at a high level with decent upside.
2. We have an LB, WR and second DT still on deck
3. JHH just signs an NIL deal

Yeah, Mario is crap with roster management. The guy is going to run the program into the ground and we'll never be good again. The sky is falling.

That's brutal. Any hope anywhere to figure this out? Anything you can share that you think is holding us back on DT recruiting right now. Would have thought with Jason Taylor taking over that we would see some impact
Maybe the JT effect is only with high school guys

Hunte is gone by all accounts. There are 2 maybe 3 playable guys there. What a disaster.

Hunte is not gone, and as long as that doesn't change, you've got at least 4 playable guys there. Taylor, JHH, Deen and Moten are 4 quality DTs. We will slide Mesidor and Bain inside on passing downs. Not great, but not a disaster. Yet.

Advertisement
Yeah, this is why I'm not buying into the incredible DT haul being talked about for this upcoming class.

Not looking good on either DT today
I'm not a mope but me questioning the DT recruiting is based off no one on this staff having any record being able to secure elite talent at that position and now we can't secure these must haves. Something has to change.

1. We just landed our top target at CB yesterday along with an RB who has shown he can play at a high level with decent upside.
2. We have an LB, WR and second DT still on deck
3. JHH just signs an NIL deal

Yeah, Mario is crap with roster management. The guy is going to run the program into the ground and we'll never be good again. The sky is falling.

I'm not a sky is falling guy but we realllly needed a DT. The numbers now look horrible for next year again. Even if we sign a really nice DT class we'll probably have to go dumpster diving for depth again next year. It is what it is. Mario has done a really great job just couldn't land them all and I've always been of the opinion it will take 3 years to adequately fill the roster. Almost all weakness addressed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back