Drake Maye vs Miami Defense

Advertisement
Maye is better than Howell and has a higher ceiling. IMO he’s the better pro prospect and has a better chance of starting in the league. He’s not wreckless with the ball either.

But that doesn’t have anything to do with him never losing to us like Howell. He doesn’t have the running backs or receiving core that Howell did. And somehow his defense is worse than when Howell was there.
Oh yeah not saying Maye will go undefeated against us, just point out that he never lost to Miami

We said the same thing in 2020 and only put up 26 points. And that Miami offense was 50 times better than this year.

Hold on my brotha; lol. That UNC defense was light yrs better than this UNC defense. We’re talking about facing a defense that’s ranked near the very bottom of all FBS football vs. a 2020 defense that ranked 58th. Lol. Plus, UNC had the ball for 40+ MINUTES IN A 60 MINUTE GAME! LMAO! I can laugh now b/c it’s still an unbelievable feat; but they controlled the clock for 67% of the game.

So yeah, there’s a reason y we only scored 26. Lol

I think Howell was average at best and yea I agree he did have 2 studs at rb. Haven't watched UNC this year so should be interesting.
It’s Downs, the TE, and then a bunch of just guys. They have a couple of talented young RB’s but they aren’t special, at least not yet. This is not the 2020 offense that was loaded with NFL talent at skill positions.

Hold on my brotha; lol. That UNC defense was light yrs better than this UNC defense. We’re talking about facing a defense that’s ranked near the very bottom of all FBS football vs. a 2020 defense that ranked 58th. Lol. Plus, UNC had the ball for 40+ MINUTES IN A 60 MINUTE GAME! LMAO! I can laugh now b/c it’s still an unbelievable feat; but they controlled the clock for 67% of the game.

So yeah, there’s a reason y we only scored 26. Lol
I feel like Lashlee had a few 3 and outs too. I'm surprised that had it for 40 minutes, all I remember is 2 rbs running for 15 plus yards a pop.

Advertisement
It’s Downs, the TE, and then a bunch of just guys. They have a couple of talented young RB’s but they aren’t special, at least not yet. This is not the 2020 offense that was loaded with NFL talent at skill positions.
Yet Miami will still somehow find a way to probably lose. I'll eat crow if Miami wins but 2 weeks ago just killed whatever confidence I had in this season. I'm sure a good amount of people could say the same.

He’s very good. They’ll score points. So? Pressure him and force a fumble. Confuse him. Also, when he’s sitting on the bench, punish his defense and make him one dimensional. Jesus Christ, some of you are acting like we’re playing Alabama and we’re the worst team in the country. We’ve played one bad game. It was really bad, and it was really inexcusable. But it was one game. We’re still a better team with better coaches overall than North ******* Carolina.

Preach. Mopeville, USA around here these days. Never seen this fan base so cucked.....

Yet Miami will still somehow find a way to probably lose. I'll eat crow if Miami wins but 2 weeks ago just killed whatever confidence I had in this season. I'm sure a good amount of people could say the same.
I mean I don’t have much confidence either, but I just wanted to point out this Carolina team isn’t on the same level as Howell’s.

Advertisement
I mean I don’t have much confidence either, but I just wanted to point out this Carolina team isn’t on the same level as Howell’s.
Nah I feel you like I said I don't know much about them since I haven't paid attention to UNC this year but I appreciate you filling me in.

Not gonna watch, and no i'm not trying to mope. I just feel like unc is in a 10x better position than we are, and don't feel like watching another sh*t tier excuse for a program beat this sleeping giant ( miami ) once again.

I feel like Lashlee had a few 3 and outs too. I'm surprised that had it for 40 minutes, all I remember is 2 rbs running for 15 plus yards a pop.

Oh, we for sure struggled on 3rd downs. We were not very good on 3rd downs during Lashlee’s entire tenure. It was a boom or bust offense. Our 3rd down conversion immediately jumped this season.

We also have won like once after a bye week since 2017 and that was in 2020 so until that changes then I'm expecting a loss.

Advertisement
And Miami history would indicate they will make them all look like ....

Yrl3qoBXef8rorcZdE (2).gif

This is one of those games where Gattis long grinding drives might be an advantage as long as we score... keep them to 3 possessions per half and stop them a couple of times and we have a puncher's chance...

Advertisement
Oh, we for sure struggled on 3rd downs. We were not very good on 3rd downs during Lashlee’s entire tenure. It was a boom or bust offense. Our 3rd down conversion immediately jumped this season.
7-7 on 3rd down against BC (31 total first downs)
9-17 on 3rd down against Southern Miss (24 total first downs)
5-14 on 3rd down against Texas A&M (27 total first downs)
7-20 on 3rd down against MTSU, but 5-8 on 4th down (26 total first downs)

That has to be some record for the highest amount of first downs, but least amount points scored relative to the first downs. Yes, we did score 73 points against BC, but only 70 total for the next 3 games (and 7 of those was on a KO return against MTSU). I feel we should be scoring a lot more points based on our first down production. I'm not saying "fire Gattis", but he has to become more creative in the Green/Red zone. This can't keep happening where the offense works its *** off to maintain drives and comes away with nothing.

Advertisement
Back