Drake Maye vs Miami Defense

That’s a bad NC defense, but our offense might be even worse than their defense.
The thing that worries me is our pass defense is as bad or worse than theirs but their passing offense is infinitely better than ours.

It could be really ugly. The guys gotta come out mean and ready to fight man

Advertisement
So far this season, Maye has been outstanding passing wise. He has one game under 300 yards passing (GA State) and one game where he threw less than 3 TDs . Also GA State *** Correction FAMU he threw 294***

He is 115/165 with 19 TD's and 1 INT. Completion percentage of 69.7%. Avg yards per 9.7 per pass.

He also has 255 rush yards and is athletic enough to hurt you if you don't keep contain.

Defense has allowed 1,004 yards this season thru the air. 6 passing TDs. We are averaging 17.93 yards a completion (A lot of that is from the bombs we allowed MTSU to complete). Average yards per game is 251.

BCC- 249 yards 1TD
Southern Miss - 207yards 1 TD
Texas A&M- 140 1 TD
MTSU- 408 3 TDs

Obviously best QB and WR group we've faced thus far and maybe all season.

Stats say were aren't that bad against the pass. Eyeballs say a different story.

Man if he ends up being better than Howell, we're in trouble. Howell was 3-0 against us. Your post is on point. He does everything well and has only started 5 games

Advertisement
They got their work cut out for them. UNC run game isn't great but it’s decent enough to keep us honest
They have our number mentally, if not schematically. We just cannot turn up like we did for MT. Most of our players gotta have ptsd from the last few meetings with them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here we go...Drake Maye is the 2nd coming. Lets let him put up a full years worth of numbers before we anoint him the 3 time Heisman winner. Who knows what happens this weekend but UNC isnt some juggernaut.

Florida A&M, GA State, Va Tech, and App State. UNC was down 38-14 to ND late in the 3rd when they scored on their last 3 drives. They had about 150 yards of offense going in the final drive of the 3rd quarter. Maye threw for about 200 yards and 3 TD's when the game was out of reach. Va Tech lost by like 20 to WVU..who is likely going to be the new Kansas in the big 12 as someone posted on twitter. They needed a 4th quarter touchdown to beat 1-4 Ga State. They gave up 40 in one quarter to App State(the app state who lost to James Madison and needed a Hail mary to beat Troy).

I am not saying we will win but if Vegas has us as favorite they likely looked at both teams and said "I have no f'n clue...neither team is what the record shows so lets take the home team and see what happens.

Hate to say it but Mayes is about to carve our asses up. Corners are going to run 10+ miles in "chasing" yards trying to catch their wideouts.

fox masterchef GIF by Gordon Ramsay

Advertisement
Man if he ends up being better than Howell, we're in trouble. Howell was 3-0 against us. Your post is on point. He does everything well and has only started 5 games
He may be the best pure athlete out of all the Maye brothers. This dude can really spin the ball w/ accuracy. It’s still early, but I like what this kid brings.

Our saving grace is UNC’s def is putrid & running game is not “as good” as previous yrs.

UNC Def is 120th:
-112th against the run
-113th in scoring allowed
-102nd against the pass

UNC’s Run Game is ranked 38th (was ranked 18th last season & 11th in ‘20)

So schematically, in this area we should be good, since we’re 38th in scoring (and yes, I know the BCU game have skewed that rank), we have the 47th ranked rushing offense, & 11th rush def. Those r the positives.

My concern? UNC is 6th in Offense, & 12th in passing. Our pass def?? BBW Booty Cheeks at 94th, while our scoring def is 33rd.

Just a FYI on James Madison, since that’s been a point of emphasis in our loss to MTSU:

Did u know JMU have the #1 def & #29 offense? They are also the #8 scoring offense in the nation. They are 33-5 in since 2019 & 42-9 since 2018. They just made the jump to FBS this yr & r already 4-0. **** good football program. North Dakota State need to make that move, too. Doesn’t excuse the MTSU game, but we can remove that narrative from the equation.

He may be the best pure athlete out of all the Maye brothers. This dude can really spin the ball w/ accuracy. It’s still early, but I like what this kid brings.

Our saving grace is UNC’s def is putrid & running game is not “as good” as previous yrs.

UNC Def is 120th:
-112th against the run
-113th in scoring allowed
-102nd against the pass

UNC’s Run Game is ranked 38th (was ranked 18th last season & 11th in ‘20)

So schematically, in this area we should be good, since we’re 38th in scoring (and yes, I know the BCU game have skewed that rank), we have the 47th ranked rushing offense, & 11th rush def. Those r the positives.

My concern? UNC is 6th in Offense, & 12th in passing. Our pass def?? BBW Booty Cheeks at 94th, while our scoring def is 33rd.

Just a FYI on James Madison, since that’s been a point of emphasis in our loss to MTSU:

Did u know JMU have the #1 def & #29 offense? They are also the #8 scoring offense in the nation. They are 33-5 in since 2019 & 42-9 since 2018. They just made the jump to FBS this yr & r already 4-0. **** good football program. North Dakota State need to make that move, too. Doesn’t excuse the MTSU game, but we can remove that narrative from the equation.
lmaoooo @ bbw!!

We need our offense to finally show up. This is the game to get going. UNC, like you laid out is horrible defensively.

I don't expect our defense, nor should anyone, to hold them under 20 but if we can keep them under 30. I like our chances, IF, Miami shows up offensively

Advertisement
UNC offense is nice, but defense to this point is trash. Wouldn't be surprised if Miami's offense shows some life and we have a high-scoring affair.

lmaoooo @ bbw!!

We need our offense to finally show up. This is the game to get going. UNC, like you laid out is horrible defensively.

I don't expect our defense, nor should anyone, to hold them under 20 but if we can keep them under 30. I like our chances, IF, Miami shows up offensively

I’ll be happy w/ a…..

55 - 48 score. Lol.

1st year QBs usually have a game where they see ghosts and are totally confused by a new wrinkle on D. Here's to hoping we're the beneficiary of that game!

Advertisement
Back