Drake Maye vs Miami Defense

Haven’t watched ND at all this year.
How bad is ND offense? Is it anywhere near as bad as ours?
I know NC defense is garbage but I have a hard time believing we can put up 45 on anyone with exception of Bethune Cookman.
I’m looking for any glimmer of hope we can win this game but I don’t see it. Shocked the Canes are favored, hope Vegas is right this time.
Famous last words . . .

Putrid. Seriously. I watched the tail end of the game against Marshall. The starting QB got hurt and their backup Drew Pyne came in. The kid was awful. He looked totally overmatched. Was staring down receivers. He went 24-34 289 3-0 against UNC.

I am optimistic and hoping that maybe this is the game that gets TVD's confidence back on track. UNC is bad on D. Seems like they make everyone look (and feel) good.

That said, my more objective side is concerned because I assume that UNC's D will follow what MTSU did and just load up in the box and force the Miami passing game/receivers to make plays. Gattis has 2 weeks to prepare for that so let's see what happens.

Advertisement
I bet Turnstyle Stevenson & DJ Toast are licking their chops.

20221005_061751.jpg

Advertisement
ND offense was beyond pitiful before playing UNC.

250 yards vs OSU (10 points, loss)
351 yards vs Marshall (21 points, loss)
297 yards vs Cal (7 point win)

Then rolled UNC for 287 rushing and 289 passing.

UNC is 123rd out of 130 teams in rushing yards per game allowed (227 per game)
109th in yards per carry allowed
128th in the country in rushes per game faced. Meaning teams just run and run and run and they can't stop it.

They only gave up 56 yards rushing vs FAMU, and last weekend they limited VT (who is maybe the worst P5 offense in the country) to 99 yards rushing.

The other 3 games:

288 allowed vs App State
235 allowed vs Ga State
287 allowed vs Notre Dame

Should be able to have at least some success on the ground, which hopefully frees TVD up some to make some plays down the field.
Perfect game to unleash Rooster in the passing game if we can get the running game going early.

Short throws into space to get TVD going, especially if defenders are 10 yards off their man.

Famous last words . . .

Putrid. Seriously. I watched the tail end of the game against Marshall. The starting QB got hurt and their backup Drew Pyne came in. The kid was awful. He looked totally overmatched. Was staring down receivers. He went 24-34 289 3-0 against UNC.

I am optimistic and hoping that maybe this is the game that gets TVD's confidence back on track. UNC is bad on D. Seems like they make everyone look (and feel) good.

That said, my more objective side is concerned because I assume that UNC's D will follow what MTSU did and just load up in the box and force the Miami passing game/receivers to make plays. Gattis has 2 weeks to prepare for that so let's see what happens.
That gives me some hope.
This would be a huge win for this team right now.
Then maybe get some of the injured guys back soon and stay in the costal race.

Advertisement
NC will isolate our corners and throw deep.
If we play too soft they will gash us by matching up their RB and TE against Corey Flagg.
This is an easy game for them.

Advertisement
Back