Don't Shoot The Messenger But...

Advertisement
This is straight from the WVU board:

"I think this whole rumor started when Luther Campbell (aka "Uncle Luke" of 2 Live Crew fame) tweeted out that one of his top choices to replace Al Golden was "Dana Hologram."

Other than that, I have heard absolutely nothing about Dana and any head coaching opportunities.

For what it's worth, IMO, the Miami coaching search should begin and end with Butch Davis. I have no idea why they would hire anyone else."

UM BOT, why make this harder than it has to be?

Look if we can get some quality assistants, we are good. Its not just the head coach. If we had some good assistants, El Foldo would look like a genius. Because he would have to gtfo the way and let them coach. If he hired a quality DC after the '12 debacle maybe he's been hailed as some genius. Because they would run their own defense and not that soft UVA patty cake crap. So if whoever is hired doesn't have money to hire quality assistants, we are simply revolving the door.....again. Butch is the obvious guy because his assistants are always top class. Maybe someone else can bring that as well. But who?

So why is it impressive winning at Memphis in a horrible conference make him such a great Miami hire

Herman is in the same crappy conference and has been head coach for 6 games

Are these two guys sure things over Mario who has south Florida pedigree or Schiano who was hired by the NFL

The AAC's crappy, huh? Fuente just coached circles around Freeze with low-rated recruits and beat the brakes off an SEC program loaded with talent to stay unbeaten. And Herman's only in the process of far exceeding first-year expectations at Houston a year after doing a remarkable job at Ohio State, helping lead them to a national title as their QB coach, co-OC, and playcaller when they had to start a third-string QB who regressed mightily without Herman and has since been benched (Cardale Jones).

Your talking points for the two "Miami man" candidates can be dismissed with the quickness. Mario was fired by FIU and has done nothing to go from being a position coach elsewhere to the head man at UM. Schiano's disastrous NFL tenure lasted all of 2 years and the stink from that stint is so bad that he's been out of coaching ever since.

Advertisement
Lol no thank. Cristobal would run us deeper into the abyss. He also would keep coley swasey and keho. NO THANKS

If Cristobal was worth a grain of rice, he would have been made OC, after all he was right there on the staff. Obviously, Nick didn't see anything more than an OL coach and someone who could get players out of South Florida. He bypassed Cristobal and went out and brought in another former Head Coach in Lane Kiffin to run his offense. That told me all I needed to know about Cristobal and why he's at Alabama

Ridiculous

Shannon part 2. We gonna be gere crying on the message boards and flying banners in 2 years max. Same **** again

Id be done if they go with that hire but i wouldnt be shockrd he would be cheap smh

I love these dont shoot the messenger threads keep em comin... Mario Cristobal would be a horrible hire.

If we want to hire a OL coach who coached under a national championship coach, that is plugged into south florida, and hasnt done **** or failed as a head coach.... We might as well promote ******* Art Kehoe.

I actually have no doubt in my mind Kehoe would do better than Cristobal. You see how stupid this is?????? please no.. please god do not let Mario become our next head corch.

Advertisement
This is straight from the WVU board:

"I think this whole rumor started when Luther Campbell (aka "Uncle Luke" of 2 Live Crew fame) tweeted out that one of his top choices to replace Al Golden was "Dana Hologram."

Other than that, I have heard absolutely nothing about Dana and any head coaching opportunities.

For what it's worth, IMO, the Miami coaching search should begin and end with Butch Davis. I have no idea why they would hire anyone else."

UM BOT, why make this harder than it has to be?

Hahaha. I bet that's correct. Dana Hologram rumors are heating up due to Grandpa Luke's musings. God, sometimes college football is surreal.

Red Herring from Feldman - propose Mario so when Mario starts to get traction he comes back with "Then why not Butch?"

Advertisement
Look if we can get some quality assistants, we are good. Its not just the head coach. If we had some good assistants, El Foldo would look like a genius. Because he would have to gtfo the way and let them coach. If he hired a quality DC after the '12 debacle maybe he's been hailed as some genius. Because they would run their own defense and not that soft UVA patty cake crap. So if whoever is hired doesn't have money to hire quality assistants, we are simply revolving the door.....again. Butch is the obvious guy because his assistants are always top class. Maybe someone else can bring that as well. But who?

No.
Al Goldens ego will not allow him to do any of that.
And for the billionth time ITS AL GOLDENS DEFENSE Dorito just runs it.

d7WY4NC.gif

Advertisement

No.
Al Goldens ego will not allow him to do any of that.
And for the billionth time ITS AL GOLDENS DEFENSE Dorito just runs it.
I know it's his patty cake crap from UVA. I said if he got rid of Dorito and allowed the new guy to do his thing

I saw Feldman try to vouch for Cristobal by mentioning that Urban and Harbaugh made the jump from position coach to head coach earlier in their respective careers. That's beyond laughable because the situations aren't even remotely comparable.

This is Miami, not Bowling Green or the University of San Diego, where Urban and Harbaugh began their head-coaching careers. Massive difference. Those were their very first head-coaching opportunities. Cristobal already had a crack at being a head coach and turned out to be a miserable failure at FIU. Not good enough for FIU, but a worthwhile candidate for Miami?! Try selling that to the South Florida ballers he's supposedly so in tune with. Insanity.

Feldman wouldn't be mentioning Cristobal if he wasn't a fellow UM grad and presumably a friend of his. He usually does great work, but he's off his rocker with this recommendation.

Advertisement
Back