Don't Shoot The Messenger But...

Ssoto0055

Sophomore
Might as well just bury this program right now.

Feldman: Mario Cristobal is ‘Most Viable Option’ to Replace Al Golden
Brian FlanaganOctober 23, 2015
It’s me, Mario!

Fox Sports’ Bruce Feldman speculated on who the next Miami Hurricanes head coach could be if the program parts ways with Al Golden in the coming months.

The Miami grad’s most viable option? Mario Cristobal, a current assistant coach under Nick Saban at Alabama.

“In light of Al Golden — who I don’t think is a bad coach, I just think he’s a bad fit at Miami — I think it’s imperative Miami hire somebody with deep connections to South Florida,” Feldman said on his Fox Sports podcast, “and a real grasp of what Miami is and what Miami has been about and that’s why I would say to me Mario Cristobal was my most viable option there. He’s a guy who was a starting offensive lineman and won national titles at Miami. He was an assistant at Miami. He also has head coaching experience because he turned around what was the worst FBS program at FIU, got them to a bowl game. They won a bowl game. Then they had all kinds of issues with the administration. He is a great recruiter on Nick Saban’s staff and he’s more plugged into South Florida than any coach in college football. I would say he’s on top of my list and he would also not cost a fortune.

“I don’t know if Rob Chudzinski, who was a former Miami player and has been in the NFL a lot. He’s very well respected by a lot of the old Miami players. I think he’s somebody they would consider. Greg Schiano coached there. I’m not sure how much support Greg would have but I think he’d be a better fit than Al Golden was.”

Feldman’s dream scenario? “I would want Jimmy Johnson to come back.”

Feldman: Mario Cristobal is 'Most Viable Option' to Replace Al Golden

Advertisement
200.gif

Listened to this yesterday. I used to respect Feldman. That's done.

I wouldn't say bury the program with Mario but it would be disappointing.

Advertisement
Might as well just bury this program right now.

Feldman: Mario Cristobal is ‘Most Viable Option’ to Replace Al Golden
Brian FlanaganOctober 23, 2015
It’s me, Mario!

Fox Sports’ Bruce Feldman speculated on who the next Miami Hurricanes head coach could be if the program parts ways with Al Golden in the coming months.

The Miami grad’s most viable option? Mario Cristobal, a current assistant coach under Nick Saban at Alabama.

“In light of Al Golden — who I don’t think is a bad coach, I just think he’s a bad fit at Miami — I think it’s imperative Miami hire somebody with deep connections to South Florida,” Feldman said on his Fox Sports podcast, “and a real grasp of what Miami is and what Miami has been about and that’s why I would say to me Mario Cristobal was my most viable option there. He’s a guy who was a starting offensive lineman and won national titles at Miami. He was an assistant at Miami. He also has head coaching experience because he turned around what was the worst FBS program at FIU, got them to a bowl game. They won a bowl game. Then they had all kinds of issues with the administration. He is a great recruiter on Nick Saban’s staff and he’s more plugged into South Florida than any coach in college football. I would say he’s on top of my list and he would also not cost a fortune.

“I don’t know if Rob Chudzinski, who was a former Miami player and has been in the NFL a lot. He’s very well respected by a lot of the old Miami players. I think he’s somebody they would consider. Greg Schiano coached there. I’m not sure how much support Greg would have but I think he’d be a better fit than Al Golden was.”

Feldman’s dream scenario? “I would want Jimmy Johnson to come back.”

Feldman: Mario Cristobal is 'Most Viable Option' to Replace Al Golden

We would be better if Coley took over and hired his guys to coach the defense. I dont want Mario.

Bruce went to Miami at the same time as Cristobal and Bruce gave Mario a lot of ink when he was at FIU so I'm sure they have a relationship. Take this with a grain of salt

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's been advocating this for a while. Wouldn't exactly call this insight or news

He needs to stop. The more media clowns that trumpet that nonsense the more the insulated and tone deaf BoT will think it's a fantastic idea an in line with fanbase desires. Him doing it on a national level is even worse.

Why would Feldman want JJ and not Butch? JJ has been retired for 16 years

Anyway, from what I've been told Cristobal is very hard to work with and doesn't have pull within the admin. Not a lot of people (that make decisions) like him. Chud will probably get interviewed though

Advertisement
Not to mention that Jimmy is 72 years old- 2 yrs older than Spurrier, who was obviously over the hill. Obviously I'd gladly take Jimmy back but he's not coming back at that age and with the salary/lifestyle he enjoys and with nothing to prove.

What I found most interesting about his take on Cristobal, is that he argued he did a good job with FIU. Then, went on to talk about what a bad hire Lane Kiffin would be for Miami, but would be good for USF or UCF ...

Yeah, the guy who coaches the OL FOR Kiffin should be the Miami coach, but Kiffin is only good enough for USF or UCF ...

No doubt in my mind, his preference for Cristobal is based on a personal relationship, and not on anything objective.

Advertisement
Back