Don't Shoot The Messenger But...

But every time he was a HC he failed. He failed at Tenn and USC and Oakland. I think you need to take a time out from posting Broke.

Not exactly true homie. Oakland he fell out of favor with Davis and wasnt allowed the time needed to be successful... he left Tenn for his dream job USC...at USC he had Carrolls five star recruits but not enough players due to limited scholarships. So technically the only one that he really failed at was USC even though he wasnt really in position to be successful. Anyway..i'd rather have Herman or Strong.

Fell out of favor, he was 5-15. There is no proof he would have success if he SIMPLY had more time. When he had more time at USC, he regressed. He has not had success ANYWHERE. Not sure why he should be considered.

No comment on Strong, I just laughed to myself.

One and a quarter season with the Raiders and Jamarcus Russell...Cmon Mannn. He wasnt in position to have immediate success and wasnt allowed an adequate amount time to prove that he could be successful. Everybody knew that Davis had no patience. A big part of his regression at USC was due to limited schollys although its hardly ever mentioned. I was living in Pasadena at the time and I attended alot of their practices. His relationship with the players was rocky, which is my only real knock on him in regards to USC, but the negativity surrounding the program was really heavy. Alot of the negativity towards him is not really warrented, mostly media based. Its a reason he was the youngest HC in the NFL, hired to an SEC program immediately after getting fired from the Raiders, hired to USC as HC and then hired by Saban. Its a reason he has been allowed those opportunities, hes a talented young coach. Dont let the media fool you...

He failed in the NFL. I am sorry you think he earned more time but 5-15 is awful. There is no proof he just needed MORE TIME either. I know about USC, I know about sanctions, he inherited some of the best talent and sanctions. He did poorly.

There is a reason no one gave him another HC gig after USC. You can keep him on your want list.

The media isn't fooling me, I think he is awful as an HC.

I feel you..but at the same time if you were a first time head coach at the age of 32 in the NFL, not in college but the NFL for a garbage squad with Jamarcus Russell at QB and you were allowed only one season to produce, would you REALLY consider that as a failure? Im just saying, dude didnt get two or three yrs to practice coaching for temple or Memphis. Not everybody get it popping immediately like Harbaugh. Just my opinion...

Advertisement
Why the *** would you consider Lane Kiffin?
One of the best offensive minds in college football, coaches under Nick Saban, elite recruiter. If he hires a good dc.... That would be a home run hire for Miami.

But every time he was a HC he failed. He failed at Tenn and USC and Oakland. I think you need to take a time out from posting Broke.

Not exactly true homie. Oakland he fell out of favor with Davis and wasnt allowed the time needed to be successful... he left Tenn for his dream job USC...at USC he had Carrolls five star recruits but not enough players due to limited scholarships. So technically the only one that he really failed at was USC even though he wasnt really in position to be successful. Anyway..i'd rather have Herman or Strong.

LULZ. Some of the posts on here are mongoloid-level stuff. He fell out of favor with Davis because he was 5-15. 5-15 is a major fail and gets you fired in the NFL. There's no such thing as "needing time" in the NFL. You don't recruit in the NFL, so you don't get that lame "he needs time to get his own players in there" college bullshyt excuse. Either you win and win quickly, or you get the boot.

Shame on you for insulting even moderate-to-low functioning mongoloids with that comparison. They're of more sound mind to ever suggest some of the ***kery that people throw against the wall around here. Lane effing Kiffin. It's come to this, eh?

If not butch, give me Lane kiffin or tom Herman.

Why the *** would you consider Lane Kiffin?
One of the best offensive minds in college football, coaches under Nick Saban, elite recruiter. If he hires a good dc.... That would be a home run hire for Miami.

I guess you missed what happened with the Raiders, Tennessee and USC.
Why does coaching under Saban matter?

If they hired Lane Kiffen...i would officially go find another team to follow (i went to the U and been a fan for 30 years..die hard)

He is the anti christ...the comment above about Raiders, UT and SC are spot on. This guy is a clown. Still can't believe that Saban hired this guy.

Advertisement

Fell out of favor, he was 5-15. There is no proof he would have success if he SIMPLY had more time. When he had more time at USC, he regressed. He has not had success ANYWHERE. Not sure why he should be considered.

One and a quarter season with the Raiders and Jamarcus Russell...Cmon Mannn. He wasnt in position to have immediate success and wasnt allowed an adequate amount time to prove that he could be successful. Everybody knew that Davis had no patience. A big part of his regression at USC was due to limited schollys although its hardly ever mentioned. I was living in Pasadena at the time and I attended alot of their practices. His relationship with the players was rocky, which is my only real knock on him in regards to USC, but the negativity surrounding the program was really heavy. Alot of the negativity towards him is not really warrented, mostly media based. Its a reason he was the youngest HC in the NFL, hired to an SEC program immediately after getting fired from the Raiders, hired to USC as HC and then hired by Saban. Its a reason he has been allowed those opportunities, hes a talented young coach. Dont let the media fool you...

He failed in the NFL. I am sorry you think he earned more time but 5-15 is awful. There is no proof he just needed MORE TIME either. I know about USC, I know about sanctions, he inherited some of the best talent and sanctions. He did poorly.

There is a reason no one gave him another HC gig after USC. You can keep him on your want list.

I feel you..but at the same time if you were a first time head coach at the age of 32 in the NFL, not in college but the NFL for a garbage squad with Jamarcus Russell at QB and you were allowed only one season to produce, would you REALLY consider that as a failure? Im just saying, dude didnt get two or three yrs to practice coaching for temple or Memphis. Not everybody get it popping immediately like Harbaugh. Just my opinion...

I consider him a failure because he never succeeded. It is more than his tenure at the Raiders.

Harbaugh, are you comparing him to Harbaugh?

At San Diego, his teams constantly improved. At Stanford, his teams constantly improved. He took our awful niners (I am a fan) and took them to 3 straight NFC games. Harbaugh had success INSTANTLY in the NFL, he took a 6-10 team the year before to the NFCCG.

He is nothing like Harbaugh. Harbaugh is an amazing coach. Look at what he INSTANTLY did at Michigan.

If they hired Lane Kiffen...i would officially go find another team to follow (i went to the U and been a fan for 30 years..die hard)

He is the anti christ...the comment above about Raiders, UT and SC are spot on. This guy is a clown. Still can't believe that Saban hired this guy.

I think some of our fans want to suck.

And Strong cant really be judged off of Texas. Kinda like Golden is a big 10 coach trying to coach Miami, Strong is a Miami coach trying to coach in the Big12. He earns his money recruiting south fla. He did pretty good with a fake Miami in Louisville, just think what he can do with real Miami. He talked Miami kids into going to Louisville Ky...KENTUCKY

Ok, I'll play along. Let's assume he was dealt a bad hand in Oakland, that he left Tennessee before he had a chance to flourish, and that Pat Haden is a d!ck for not letting him board that plane back to L.A., (and that every job he has ever been hired for had nothing to do with his dad), what has Kiffi EVER done to make you think he's a good coach? He's obnoxious, I'll give you that, but he's obnoxious like a spoiled brat. His **** talking has nothing behind it, and it's far less amusing than the **** talking from the Kliff Klingsburys and Mike Leachs of the world. Say what you want about them, but at least they're hilarious, and not in a spoiled brat sorta way. Kiffin literally has nothing going for him.

And Strong cant really be judged off of Texas. Kinda like Golden is a big 10 coach trying to coach Miami, Strong is a Miami coach trying to coach in the Big12. He earns his money recruiting south fla. He did pretty good with a fake Miami in Louisville, just think what he can do with real Miami. He talked Miami kids into going to Louisville Ky...KENTUCKY

Ok, I'll play along. Let's assume he was dealt a bad hand in Oakland, that he left Tennessee before he had a chance to flourish, and that Pat Haden is a d!ck for not letting him board that plane back to L.A., (and that every job he has ever been hired for had nothing to do with his dad), what has Kiffi EVER done to make you think he's a good coach? He's obnoxious, I'll give you that, but he's obnoxious like a spoiled brat. His **** talking has nothing behind it, and it's far less amusing than the **** talking from the Kliff Klingsburys and Mike Leachs of the world. Say what you want about them, but at least they're hilarious, and not in a spoiled brat sorta way. Kiffin literally has nothing going for him.

But yet he always have a great job that he dont deserve. Monte has some major pull..

Advertisement
Only thing I will say about kiffen is at least he would fire a dc that was not working out. He fired his dad while Al still keeps dorito here.

I consider him a failure because he never succeeded. It is more than his tenure at the Raiders.

Harbaugh, are you comparing him to Harbaugh?

At San Diego, his teams constantly improved. At Stanford, his teams constantly improved. He took our awful niners (I am a fan) and took them to 3 straight NFC games. Harbaugh had success INSTANTLY in the NFL, he took a 6-10 team the year before to the NFCCG.

He is nothing like Harbaugh. Harbaugh is an amazing coach. Look at what he INSTANTLY did at Michigan.

Wasnt comparing him to Harbaugh. Was saying Harbaugh won immediately at San Fran, everybody dont win immediately. Most generally need at least season to have their system fully installed. Its not a recruiting situation like in college as somebody mentioned before. Its an adjustment with the team and the new coach.

Can't understand why someone would suggest Lane Kiffin in the current state the program is in.
Do you guys really think it's the time to take that kind of chance?
What the **** roll the dice maybe his fourth try at being a HC will be the one!
Maybe he smelled one of Sabans farts and was imparted with all his wisdom.
I swear it's got to be some sorta man crush with this dude for some people.
No other way to explain it.

Advertisement

Some guys are meant to be No 1s and some are meant to No 2. He's a no. 2 guys. He's not meant to lead a team...he stinks and should NEVER sniff a head coaching job. Good coordinator, good number 2 guy, but keep him away as a coach

Advertisement
Back