dont hire mario

Funny, Malik won that game. But the stat's weren't that dissimilar. Other than the 2 pics that wimbush threw.
Yeah Malik's number throwing that game were very pedestrian but he avoided the costly mistakes. Rosiers numbers the week prior against VT were awful too. He really snuck thru those weeks thanks to big plays from the defense and running game

Advertisement
i said the same about Richt. Mario wont work here. Of all the successful coaches we have had, they all share the same characteristic. ALPHA. Each one was without question an unbending, dominant personality. Mario will be a step up from what we have had. But it will end in disappointment. He's no ALPHA. We need a guy who is gonna hurt feelings and spit zero bull****. Hardcore discipline. Our next Coach needs to be an assassin and a tyrant. Mario will fall short

My pick is Kiffin.
He would run the Coastal division almost every year. Mix in some acc championships. I also think some playoff appearances.

Dont hire Mario.

Have at me!
If hes around long enough to run the coastal...he if course would bolt in no time to another destination.

i said the same about Richt. Mario wont work here. Of all the successful coaches we have had, they all share the same characteristic. ALPHA. Each one was without question an unbending, dominant personality. Mario will be a step up from what we have had. But it will end in disappointment. He's no ALPHA. We need a guy who is gonna hurt feelings and spit zero bull****. Hardcore discipline. Our next Coach needs to be an assassin and a tyrant. Mario will fall short

My pick is Kiffin.
He would run the Coastal division almost every year. Mix in some acc championships. I also think some playoff appearances.

Dont hire Mario.

Have at me!
Go tell Mario he's not ALPHA to his face...

My pick is Kiffin.

Dont hire Mario.

Have at me!
You're conclusions completely contradict your own argument. Mario is nothing if not an alpha guy

Advertisement
Kiffin would be an interesting choice but it’s funny what OP is saying

Mario to me is way more Alpha than Kiffin
Facts; that’s y my comment was in gist. Mario may make some head scratching clock mgmt decisions in crunch moments, but he’s def no beta. I feel ppl will not let him live down his FIU tenure even though that was yrs ago at a directional school.

My pick is Kiffin.

Dont hire Mario.

Have at me!
Shut up.

Advertisement
Facts; that’s y my comment was in gist. Mario may make some head scratching clock mgmt decisions in crunch moments, but he’s def no beta. I feel ppl will not let him live down his FIU tenure even though that was yrs ago at a directional school.
who the **** talks like this in real life (not you just at OP Lol). idc if hes a beta gamma delta alpha. can he coach? also, Mario isn't a pushover. hes a tough coach and will be tough on those kids (hes an OL coach and generally they're not kind lol). ****, even justice rips our guys openly to the public

cat computer GIF by Product Hunt

Hahaha have you ever talked to or met Mario? He’s a straight up psychopath. He destroyed his office after a loss. Every thing in the office was broken, including the furniture. He threatened to “kick that midgets ***, if he ever ran into him”. He was talking about Saben and he was hired at Alabama a week later. His players love him and are terrified to get on his bad side. You’re buying Mario, not selling him in your post. He’s an alpha if there ever was one. The knock on Mario, similar to Butch, is that he’s not a great in game/game day coach. That’s a legitimate concern. His coordinators will be a huge piece of his success or failure. He’s a great recruiter too fwiw
Curious as to this time line. He was hired at 'Bama after his brief stint at UM under Golden (maybe lasted about a week?). It was in the off season though so not sure what loss you are referring to? Not denying he's fiery or intense. But not sure of your facts.

But will point out Sabans bad record to start his career to excuse every bad coach we ever hire

Advertisement
You'll have an Alpha (and in this you are correct) after they fire the AD and find another Sam Jankovich. My 2 cents...hire Alonzo Highsmith.

I don’t think Mario is coming because I don’t think he wants to come, unless things get really bad in Oregon, but the dumbest thing about this entire thread is someone saying that Kiffin is more of an alpha than Mario. You must not be very good at deciphering personalities. Kiffin is a bltch boy compared to Mario.

who the **** talks like this in real life (not you just at OP Lol). idc if hes a beta gamma delta alpha. can he coach? also, Mario isn't a pushover. hes a tough coach and will be tough on those kids (hes an OL coach and generally they're not kind lol). ****, even justice rips our guys openly to the public
I knew Mario his entire time as a GA at UM from 98-2000....Even back then he was far from a pushover....Quality person as well...

Advertisement
I don’t think Mario is coming because I don’t think he wants to come, unless things get really bad in Oregon, but the dumbest thing about this entire thread is someone saying that Kiffin is more of an alpha than Mario. You must not be very good at deciphering personalities. Kiffin is a bltch boy compared to Mario.
He does want to come...but under certain conditions...no way he'll work under B*tchboy Blake...

He does want to come...but under certain conditions...no way he'll work under B*tchboy Blake...

I don’t think he comes, I don’t honestly think he wants to come right now. He may have wanted to come in the past.

Why do I think that? Because of a logical review of both employment situations at each school. Now if he has a couple of more unexplainable losses this year that situation changes. And this whole thing about working under Blake, Blake is history. So that won’t be a factor.

Mario would certainly be a HC many steps above what we've been getting. But while I agree with the doubts (and the lame duck AD reasons) he would even come here, I'm not exactly unhappy about that. He's gone way overboard (IMHO) saying how much he "loves the Oregon community and couldn't be happier". Oh Really. So would seem a bit dishonest to make the leap, even for $$$ which Oregon has too. ...maybe first team meeting with the Canes he says "I love you guys" which players gonna think to themselves "more than a duck??" JS.

Advertisement
Back