NFL Dolphins get T. Hill from the chiefs

I don't like it. If he was the last piece to a title run, I understand. This team has to many needs to give up those picks and pay that. I believe in myself, so my 4th RD pick is not garbage, he is a starter within a couple seasons, much less a 1 and 2.
I'm an Eagles fan so I have no skin in who the Dolphins trade for. I agree. It was too hefty a price to pay with other roster needs.

Advertisement
I personally don't like it. I wouldn't have given up that for him or paid him that for this team now.. If he is the last piece for a title run, I could see it. They need to build a team and that price is just to high with their needs. Just my opinion. I hope it pays off.
Wait... last peice?

Have you been paying attention to their offseason?

They finished two wins out of first place last year and their issues were all offense related.

So they have now completely revamped the offense adding two good OL a good RB and now they have arguably the best pass catching group in the NFL. Tyrek isnt the only peice but he is clearly the icing on the cake and if Tua doesnt perform Teddy is more than a serviceable backup.

Another underrated move was adding Raheem Mostert, along with Terron Armstead at LT.

The Phins might lowkey have a really dangerous offense if Tua can actually throw the ball downfield.

And like I said before I think this move will open up the running game. If Tua can get the ball downfield a little bit the safeties will have to respect that and yo won't see stacked boxes against the run.

Good deal for both sides imo. Dolphins will know if Tua is the guy or not before his contract is over now
Not sure what they do now though if (when-imo) they realize Tua isn't the guy. They're not building a situation where they can grab a QB in the Draft that is going to play immediately (or before Hill is north of 30 yrs old) and they're seemingly using all their cap flexibility up on free agents this year.....and Stephen Ross is about to turn 82 and obviously getting desperate.

Wait... last peice?

Have you been paying attention to their offseason?

They finished two wins out of first place last year and their issues were all offense related.

So they have now completely revamped the offense adding two good OL a good RB and now they have arguably the best pass catching group in the NFL. Tyrek isnt the only peice but he is clearly the icing on the cake and if Tua doesnt perform Teddy is more than a serviceable backup.
Tua and Teddy combined, have more broken bones and injuries than Ukraine...

Advertisement
Um, not for nothing but don't we already know that Tua ain't that guy?
Tua could be the guy. Just because he’ll never be an elite top 5 QB doesn’t mean he can’t be the guy going forward. The dude wins games with no talent around him the last two years other than Waddle. They’ve now improved the weapons around him as well as the oline. Not to mention a better coaching staff and scheme. We’ll see how it all plays out.

I’m not a Dolphins fan but I’m glad people are coming around to this idea that it’s not a bad thing to give up draft picks

Not that picks aren’t important but that thought process sorta got out of hand with New England but they had the most important position already locked down

Not sure he was actually the missing piece though which I guess is the fear here
The Rams haven’t had a 1st round draft pick since 2016, the Seahawks when they were a playoff contender & making Superbowls rarely drafted in the 1st round, actually most teams in the late 1st round prefer to trade back into the 2nd round anyway.

It’s all about draft value, the NFL due to CBA & quality of players that are entering the league has become more about building through Free Agency than it is about accumulating/hoarding picks. The league is becoming more like the NBA & MLB in the sense that Free Agency is now the most valued player acquisition realm as opposed to when the draft was the lifeblood for an organization.

If you’re not drafting in the first 20 picks you might as well see if you can trade & try to get an already established player that can help you right away. That’s not to say the draft is meaningless, or that you can’t find good players after the first 20 picks, but from an organizational standpoint it comes down to whether or not you’re willing to bet on how fast your team can develop later picks vs bringing in guys who have already been developed.

It really just depends on how much leeway & how much time the front office is giving the coaching staff to build.

Another pathetic example of why the Dolphins will never win anything under the current power structure. Many teams in the NFL are an elite QB away. Some are a #1 WR away while others require OL help or a few defensive pieces. The Dolphins however are a Front Office away from contending for a ring. Just sad. What a clown show at Dolphin Headquarters. The Chiefs just bent Miami over the sink.
What a weird take lol…

Advertisement
Not sure what they do now though if (when-imo) they realize Tua isn't the guy. They're not building a situation where they can grab a QB in the Draft that is going to play immediately (or before Hill is north of 30 yrs old) and they're seemingly using all their cap flexibility up on free agents this year.....and Stephen Ross is about to turn 82 and obviously getting desperate.
Dolphins have two first round picks next year. If the offense doesn’t drastically improve this year (why wouldn’t it), then they have an out next year…

That part makes complete sense. But did the Dolphins clean house? You guys trust them to get the right QB? They could of gotten Waston for much cheaper then this trade during the start of all his issues and wanting to leave Houston.
Let’s just hope McDaniel is making that decision and not anybody else. That’s the way it should be anyways. Mike is the guy that’s going to be attaching his job to the success at QB. That’s why they hired him and from everything that’s being said about him he’s a really smart guy.

Advertisement
We have 2 firsts next year. If Tua isn’t the guy then you draft or trade for your guy. They’re essentially just eliminating any excuses for Tua.

Tua could be the guy. Just because he’ll never be an elite top 5 QB doesn’t mean he can’t be the guy going forward. The dude wins games with no talent around him the last two years other than Waddle. They’ve now improved the weapons around him as well as the oline. Not to mention a better coaching staff and scheme. We’ll see how it all plays out.
I doubt he'll ever be the guy. But he could be good enough.

Advertisement
So Tua was good with Waddle right? If the answer is yes which it obviously is, then why couldn’t he be good with a better version of Waddle? Wake up…
I'm wide awake. You need to take your Dolfan glasses off for a minute and be more objective about the situation.

I doubt he'll ever be the guy. But he could be good enough.
Yes, that’s all they need. They will be a running oriented team that will have explosive quick strike ability on the outside with Waddle and Hill. Good luck with that defenses..

Yes, that’s all they need. They will be a running oriented team that will have explosive quick strike ability on the outside with Waddle and Hill. Good luck with that defenses..
But no deep threat. There's the weakness.

If he can get us through 2023 when we can draft...

I'm wide awake. You need to take your Dolfan glasses off for a minute and be more objective about the situation.
Haha. I’m not saying Tua will ever be an elite QB on the level of a Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, or Burrow. He clearly won’t be. But to discount him entirely is beyond stupid. The dude can play even if he’ll never be a top 7/8 QB in the league

Advertisement
Back