NFL Dolphins get T. Hill from the chiefs

I think his deep ball struggles are a little overblown. Does he have the arm or deep ball accuracy of some of the elite QB’s in the league? **** no. But he can throw the ball deep and is fairly accurate in doing so. We just didn’t see enough of it last year. In part because of a poor offensive system/play-calling, **** poor weaponry, and one of the worst offensive lines in the league as it relates to pass protection..

You might be right. The system and OL did him no favors. Neither did his speedier WRs being MIA throughout the year. I guess we will see this season.

But again, it is up to Tua to change the narrative. As it stands right now, the narrative is Tua doesn't do well if the ball has to travel 30+ yards through the air.

Advertisement
Tua could be the guy. Just because he’ll never be an elite top 5 QB doesn’t mean he can’t be the guy going forward. The dude wins games with no talent around him the last two years other than Waddle. They’ve now improved the weapons around him as well as the oline. Not to mention a better coaching staff and scheme. We’ll see how it all plays out.

Adding weapons makes any QB look better. Not disagreeing there. My point is that Tua is what he is - a middle of the road NFL QB (bottom half/bottom third kind of guy). I get it - they drafted Tua and this is their last chance to jusitfy the high pick. But we all know how it will end. He may stumble into an 8-8/9-7 meeting and at that point, I hope to God they don't extend him.

We could have saved him all of those hurt feelings by picking Herbert or loading up on OL in an OL heavy 1st round and waiting too....as usual, thank you front office.
I hear ya dude. Herbert has done well in the NFL so far.

Adding weapons makes any QB look better. Not disagreeing there. My point is that Tua is what he is - a middle of the road NFL QB (bottom half/bottom third kind of guy). I get it - they drafted Tua and this is their last chance to jusitfy the high pick. But we all know how it will end. He may stumble into an 8-8/9-7 meeting and at that point, I hope to God they don't extend him.
What if they win 11 games and Tua plays well? Not saying that will happen but who the **** knows. If they can look to upgrade the position after next year assuming Tua doesn’t play good enough, then by all means do it. But truly elite QB’s don’t grow on trees my man…

Advertisement
That’s a fact.

I’m not a Phins fan, but bringing in Tyreek Hill, Raheem Mostert, Cedric Wilson & Armstead to go with Waddle, Gesicki, Parker, Gaskin & Ahmed is a **** good offensive collective, with a sh*t ton of speed. Mostert had two of the fastest MPH trackings with the ball in his hand at 23.09mph & 22.73mph both on 70+ yard plays, he was also a really fast 10.5/10.6 100m kid in High school & ran a 4.38 at the combine.

Basically, Hill & Mostert with Waddle with is a **** track team on the field lol, if Tua can’t make that happen he’s outta there & yall could be on the same Rams trajectory where yall are just a QB away from a SB contender.
We also brought in Chade Edmunds too. They‘re paying him 6 a year. He’s probably going to be the primary guy with Raheem being the tough yards north/south guy.

That’s a fact.

I’m not a Phins fan, but bringing in Tyreek Hill, Raheem Mostert, Cedric Wilson & Armstead to go with Waddle, Gesicki, Parker, Gaskin & Ahmed is a **** good offensive collective, with a sh*t ton of speed. Mostert had two of the fastest MPH trackings with the ball in his hand at 23.09mph & 22.73mph both on 70+ yard plays he was also a really fast 10.5/10.6 100m kid in High school & ran a 4.38 at the combine.

Basically, Hill & Mostert with Waddle with is a **** track team on the field lol, if Tua can’t make that happen he’s outta there & yall could be on the same Rams trajectory where yall are just a QB away from a SB contender.
I definitely concur. The Chase Edmonds signing had me scratching my head as I was hoping we'd try to get a Breece Hall at #29 or another feature back at #50. Mostert, if healthy will be great for us. He does his best work with McDaniel. I would still like to draft a back in the 4th, especially if Price from FIU is available. However, I'd understand if we went OL for depth or MLB.

I am a Fins fan and I'll be the first to admit that our front office sucks, starting at the tippy top and we've been getting in our own way since 1984(Yes, it actually started waaaaay before Marino retired). However, the cupboard isn't bare at all. With the circus that opened to the public since the Flores debacle, it's easy to forget that we've had back to back winning seasons. Winning seasons with horrible starts. That's a locker room full of gritty, resilient dudes who don't fold easily. The dolts in the front office are the culprit for the team's bad rep, not the recent on-field product(especially in weeks 9 thru 17-18).

Another development that has become more interesting is the pickup of the Greatest Bunche Park Optimist QB Ever. If Tua does **** down his leg next year, we do have a 29 year old former Pro Bowler waiting to be the feel-good story of the '22-'23 NFL season.

For all the make or break for Tua talk, it ain’t a given that's he's gonna be the Week 1 starter...

Advertisement
I'm sorry but the dolphins are not a T. Hill at receiver away from being a contender......Yes he is great but to me what does this mean for the dolphins...the oline is still not good and they still dont have a QB

I'm sorry but the dolphins are not a T. Hill at receiver away from being a contender......Yes he is great but to me what does this mean for the dolphins...the oline is still not good and they still dont have a QB
They signed Terron Armstead and Connor Williams to start on the OL next year...kinda hard to get better than a 3x Pro bowl LT and a top 15 OG in football.

They signed Terron Armstead and Connor Williams to start on the OL next year...kinda hard to get better than a 3x Pro bowl LT and a top 15 OG in football.
The point is does this trade make the dolphins better than the bills? How many teams are they better than in the AFC? This was a very expensive trade

The point is does this trade make the dolphins better than the bills? How many teams are they better than in the AFC? This was a very expensive trade
Yea but we’re also a team with a boatload of picks starting next year including 2 1st rounders. They’re going all in on Tua and if he isn’t the guy then they got the picks to go get their guy even with this trade. They’re putting themselves in a position to win long term no matter what.

Advertisement
The Rams haven’t had a 1st round draft pick since 2016, the Seahawks when they were a playoff contender & making Superbowls rarely drafted in the 1st round, actually most teams in the late 1st round prefer to trade back into the 2nd round anyway.

It’s all about draft value, the NFL due to CBA & quality of players that are entering the league has become more about building through Free Agency than it is about accumulating/hoarding picks. The league is becoming more like the NBA & MLB in the sense that Free Agency is now the most valued player acquisition realm as opposed to when the draft was the lifeblood for an organization.

If you’re not drafting in the first 20 picks you might as well see if you can trade & try to get an already established player that can help you right away. That’s not to say the draft is meaningless, or that you can’t find good players after the first 20 picks, but from an organizational standpoint it comes down to whether or not you’re willing to bet on how fast your team can develop later picks vs bringing in guys who have already been developed.

It really just depends on how much leeway & how much time the front office is giving the coaching staff to build.
Great post

Couldn’t agree more

I think his deep ball struggles are a little overblown. Does he have the arm or deep ball accuracy of some of the elite QB’s in the league? **** no. But he can throw the ball deep and is fairly accurate in doing so. We just didn’t see enough of it last year. In part because of a poor offensive system/play-calling, **** poor weaponry, and one of the worst offensive lines in the league as it relates to pass protection..
He was accurate on deep balls in college, when he had 15 seconds to make the throw to Jalen Waddle or Jerry Jeudy.

He stares down receivers and shows no ability to go through progressions.

He has a pretty 15-yeard ball though.

He's a below average NFL starter.

Poor Tua lol. He catches so much **** from Dolphin fans.
His contracts with Alabama and the Dolphins have made certain that he's anything but financially poor. He catches so much **** because he sucks.

Advertisement
They gave up the 29th pick & the 50th pick, the two 4th rounders don’t really accumulate value unless you’re a team that really knows how to draft.

In terms of value, it’s not as much of a haul as people think it is, the Rams have proven that picks can be supplemented if you replace them with quality players & Tyreek is no doubt a top 3 WR in the league.
I think two things need to be mentioned here when talking about the Rams and the Dolphins.

1. In any discussion about the Rams it has to be mentioned at the top that they have one of the truly elite coaches in the NFL. McVay won Coach of the Year in 2017 before the Rams traded high picks for Brandin Cooks and Marcus Peters, and he had taken the Rams to the Super Bowl before they traded picks for Jalen Ramsey, Matthew Stafford, Odell Beckham Jr., Von Miller etc. There was proof of concept that let the Rams know the risk of trading picks was worth it. If Mike McDaniel is an elite head coach then this Tyreek HIll trade might work out. If he's an average coach or worse then the Dolphins will never win enough games to make the trade worth it. They're taking a huge gamble that they have the infrastructure in place to pay this trade off despite this coaching staff never having coached a game together.

2. The Dolphins actually have a good track record of drafting after the first round. It's one of the only areas where the franchise has been better than average in the last decade-plus, so the idea that they would just blow the picks they traded doesn't strike me as true. Here's a list of guys they have drafted after round 1 under Grier: Xavien Howard (second), Raekwon Davis (second), Mike Gesicki (second), Jerome Baker (third), Kenyon Drake (third), Brandon Jones (third), Durham Smythe (fourth), Andrew Van Ginkel (fifth), Davon Godchaux (fifth), Jakeem Grant (sixth). Even going back further when Grier was running the scouting department you have Jarvis Landry (second), Sean Smith (second), Olivier Vernon (third), Kendall Langford (third), Lamar Miller (fourth), Brian Hartline (fourth), Bobby McCain (fifth), Reshad Jones (fifth), Nolan Carroll (fifth), Charles Clay (sixth). There's multiple Pro Bowl players on that list, guys who earned real second contracts, returned value in trades, etc. If you wanna argue that five of those guys aren't worth one Tyreek Hill then cool, you might be right. But I think you're probably wrong.

Ultimately, if the Dolphins want to play the Rams game -- sacrificing depth for stars -- that means having truly elite players across the roster *and* even more importantly having an elite coach. The Rams had Aaron Donald (best defensive tackle ever?), Von Miller (the best pass rusher of his generation), Jalen Ramsey (best CB in the NFL), Andrew Whitworth (two time First Team All Pro LT), Matthew Stafford (likely Hall of Fame QB), and a WR in Cooper Kupp who they drafted in the third round and who just put up one of the best WR seasons in NFL history. Maybe the Dolphins get there with Tyreek, Xavien, Armstead, Waddle, Phillips, Holland etc. but that's a lot of maybes with no idea if the coach or QB are anywhere near that level.

I must disagree. You say that none of those picks will yield a player who can impact the game like Hill but you have no way of knowing that. Hill had Mahomes in KC. Who does he have in Miami? Tua? That's laughable. That's just way too much to give up. Terrible deal.
Tyreek is 1of1 u wont find another player like him.

Obviously if tua isn’t the guy they’d trade up next year. Yall value draft picks way too much lol especially a late 1st and 2nd, like that’s nothing to get a guy who changes how teams defend u.

He was accurate on deep balls in college, when he had 15 seconds to make the throw to Jalen Waddle or Jerry Jeudy.

He stares down receivers and shows no ability to go through progressions.

He has a pretty 15-yeard ball though.

He's a below average NFL starter.
Below average? We’ll see about that after the 2022 season…

Advertisement
Back